Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
When I was younger, I'd walk out to the mailbox with no shoes or coat on in two inches of snow...
I had shoes on at least. Shorts and a tshirt was my attire.

Last night was so cold. The windchill took it below 0. The steering wheel was almost painful to touch. Tonight won't be as cold at least.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Merry Christmas to me. I just got a subpoena to appear in court over the fight I witnessed. 😠😡🤬 It's an on call subpoena so I don't have to show unless called. I really hope the 💩head takes a plea deal. Sadly, he's too stupid to do that.

Danny, can I message you a question?

Mad_Jack

Legend
I almost NEVER walk outside shoeless! Maybe by a lake or on the seashore, if I’m swimming.

I spent half my childhood walking around shoeless, even on things like hot pavement and gravel - a couple of times I stepped on broken glass and it didn't even penetrate: I'd feel a little poke, see a shard stuck in the rhinoceros hide on the bottom of my feet, and just pull it out and keep walking.
These days they're not quite as bullet-proof as they used to be, but I still don't have a problem walking around barefoot on most surfaces.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I spent half my childhood walking around shoeless, even on things like hot pavement and gravel - a couple of times I stepped on broken glass and it didn't even penetrate: I'd feel a little poke, see a shard stuck in the rhinoceros hide on the bottom of my feet, and just pull it out and keep walking.
These days they're not quite as bullet-proof as they used to be, but I still don't have a problem walking around barefoot on most surfaces.
I was the same way, even after stepping on a nail. My neighbor took me to the doctor because my mom was at work. I spent a lot of time barefoot outside growing up. These days I put something on before going out.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Anybody else want to start a petition to get winter to end right after New Year's? I'm done with it.
Short answer; No.

Long answer, I don't get a real winter here. I want snow. We might get a little bit tonight. I'm crossing my fingers. 🤞It'll be gone tomorrow though, which makes me sad.

Remove ads