• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
At Christmas we're allowed to put cards in with the newspaper so the customer has our information if they want to send us a tip. This is my first year with this paper. I'll just say I more than doubled my best year at the previous paper this year. Today I got a card in the mail from a customer that had a smaller envelope with it. Most people send cash, checks, or gift cards. I got seeds in this one. The envelope was a standard mailing envelope that had written on it:
Amazing seeds for your garden. Stand back.
I have no idea what kind of seeds they are. I know the customer has lots of flowers growing in her front yard. I figure they're some kind of flower. It's an unusual gift. It's an outside the box kind of thing. I'm not complaining, I think it'll be a story to tell. Maybe they're magic seeds. 🧙‍♂️🧙‍♀️

I asked my manager what the strangest tip was she had ever gotten. I said if it's the tip of their 🍆 (I used the actual word) I don't want to know about it. 😂 She told my a great little story. A customer she had been delivering to for 15 years gave her a coin from another country. "I'm 90 years old, and I have no one to leave this to. It's my lucky coin, and I want you to have it."

Sometimes people are amazing. You never know what's going on in their lives. I don't know what the seeds are, but I'm going to find out. I'm going to plant them. I'm sure the flowers will be beautiful. I hope they're a type that comes back every year. It'll be a reminder of that customer. Maybe next Christmas she'll have a different type for me.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Kraken Dice has gone beyond dice. They have miniatures like the ones I posted above. They also introduced a gaming bag recently. I worry the large velcro area will pick up every stray piece of lent. Their patches seem a bit pricey.

Mad_Jack

Legend
When I went to the food bank yesterday they gave me a turkey... Another turkey. (I already had one from Christmas. And another still left from Thanksgiving.)

When I went to put it in the downstairs freezer, I discovered I now have six turkeys... :-S

(Well, soon to be five - a friend has indicated she could use one of them.)

Oy.

I wonder if I can take them down to the pawn shop.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
When I went to the food bank yesterday they gave me a turkey... Another turkey. (I already had one from Christmas. And another still left from Thanksgiving.)

When I went to put it in the downstairs freezer, I discovered I now have six turkeys... :-S

Oy.

Do what I do: cook ‘em & debone ‘em, and they’ll take up 1/3 the space however you decide to proceed. Make a stock with the carcass if you can.

The cooked meat will freeze nicely in 1-2lb freezer bags. Great for soups, sandwiches, salads, casseroles, and so forth.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8

Oy.

With the appropriate dark magic ritual, you could start building that army of undead turkey warriors you've always wanted.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
On Friday I drove by and saw a sign in front of a building that was different from the sign there previously. The sign read Nyxis Pharmaceuticals. I never heard of it and wondered if the old business left. I drove past again later and noticed these yellow and black signs across the street. I had seen similar signs before. I know those signs are often used to direct film crews to sites involved in filming locations. I put two and two together and realized. The Nyxis Pharmaceuticals sign is for a tv show or movie. That location had been used for filming before. I went by this morning and noticed the old sign was there again. I once lived within sight of the sign. So if any of you see it on TV let me know. I'm trying to find out what project it's part of. If I do I'll let you know.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.

Oy.

Rent a helicopter and drop them on an unsuspecting populace.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Rent a helicopter and drop them on an unsuspecting populace.

Actually, I briefly considered commandeering some steel piping I saw locally awhile back to make an air cannon, but I lack the means to generate sufficient pressure to do anything really interesting with it.

(... Why, yes, I was a big Mythbusters fan.)

Remove ads