Has anyone used WeatherMaster on FR?

Mojo

First Post
This is killing me here. I keep screwing up and having to start over, and cannot figure out how to do the leap year (Shieldmeet).

If anyone has created Toril using this program, I'd appreciate it if you could send me the database. I'd be eternally grateful.

And an additional question:

How do you like the program and will you be shelling out the money for the full version (I know I will, once I can get it to work for me...)

cyberProlix

First Post
WM kicks ass

I'm using Weather Master - I've purchased the program and I think it's awesome.
I'm not using fr or Toril - but Greyhawk and the Oerth. I'm going a little overboard in detail and going very in depth - but I am doing it for an article on the weather of the Flanaess. I'm also going to be doing the weather for some of the major cities - Greyhawk, Rauxes, Wintershiven and a few others.
If you have questions you can leave a private message for me.
But the answer to your question is pretty basic. In the very begining, the second line asks how many years between leapyear - the earth default is 4 and this is filled in. If there is a leap year every 4 yrs and you left the basic default you'll be fine - it'll have already figured it in for you. If the leap year for Toril is something else - that needs to be changed to the number of years for each leap year. I don't know fr so I don't know what these answers are. I do know that their is a basic template avaliable on the site for an fr Shire - I haven't tried it - but you may wish to use that as a basic template and create your cities or other from that template.

I do recommend purchasing the product. The upgrade to 1.1.2 is in beta and it looks good and adds some nice touches. I've alwasy used weather in my games and this makes it easier and for $20 you can't go wrong. I've paid more than $20 on some crappy d20 modules lately so I think that this was a good useful waste (sarcastic tone) of my money - upgrade it's worth it.

cyberProlix
keeping the internet safe from lengthy prose

kilted Frog

First Post
Here's my database for the Forgotten Realms

I have a database that I came up with, and seems to be working really well. Shieldmeet only comes up once every four years, and all the non-week holidays work great.

To keep things consistent, I recommend creating weather beginning on the first day of every week, that way the 1st of the month is always Firstday, instead of Sixthday (if you know what I'm getting at).

I'd send you the file, but it's 1.10 MB and is too large for the boards.... if you send me your e-mail address, I'll send you the file.

Last edited:

Albereth

First Post
You need to get the 1.1.2 upgrade as it now has a compact DB function and this greatly reduces the size of the database.

kilted Frog

First Post
Albereth said:
You need to get the 1.1.2 upgrade as it now has a compact DB function and this greatly reduces the size of the database.

Actually, I made the database with the 1.1.2 upgrade.... it's just over a meg, and these boards only allow for just over 100 kb....

gariig

First Post
If you find the cost of WeatherMaster a bit prohibitive, someone wrote a pretty descent calendar/weather generetor for TableSmith. It outputs to HTML and you can add notes for each day. Only problem is the whole calendar is about o...750K, of course you can break it up.

www.mythosa.net has both TableSmith and the calendar

Gariig

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Um, I downloaded Toril from the WeatherMaster website, didn't you see it there? Or is there something wrong with it...

kilted Frog

First Post
DarwinofMind said:
Um, I downloaded Toril from the WeatherMaster website, didn't you see it there? Or is there something wrong with it...

It's not that there is anything wrong with it, but it's a little skewed at points.... for one, there is no moon cycle. Secondly, I think the days for the Equinoxes and Solstices are wrong, and thirdly they only give one climate zone to select from... all minor points, but it was enough for me to make my own database...

Mojo

First Post
I'm all set now. kilted Frog was nice enough to send me his database, and it works great.

The more I use it, the more impressed I am with it.

Remove ads