Has there been any word on the Something Awful leak?

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Officialy? No. WotC has been completely silent about it (not even mentioning it).

But, from things that WotC has talked about in their blogs lately, such as no (or very little) BAB progression, etc., it sounds like the leak does concern a legitimate look at an early playtest document...or the author of the leak was extremely lucky with their fabrication.

However, as the leak itself points out, they are looking at a very early version.

Also, it's highly possible that there were multiple versions of playtest documents handed out to the playtest DM's. Some trying different rules modules than other documents. Since the leak sounds like it comes from only one such document, it may only be a part of the picture at that time.

So, even legit, it's likely a very early glimpse, only a small glimpse of the larger whole they had at the time, and probably very far from what the final game will look like.

I am certain though that the blogs and articles by WotC provide a much more accurate picture of where the game likely is right now, and what directions it may be moving in.

Most of the little bits have looked pretty good to me. But it most obviously is not a complete picture.

Once public playtesting gets started, then we'll have something with which we can base opinions and decisions on.

B-)

There's nothing official... but given that the first sentence in the alleged 'leak' was, 'I am not under NDA', I immediately dismissed it as fake.

Remove ads