• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has this forum given you the urge to play previous editions?

Raith5

Adventurer
Well it has certainly made me a little nostalgic for previous editions, but many of the game elements are not ones I want to revisit.

That said it has made me think about 4th ed (current game of choice) in a more reflective way. I think the desingers of 4th were pretty brave in developing what they did - and I am thankful that they tried to do new things - I dont think they have gotten the recognition that they deserve. But there are also aspects of 4th ed that went little too far given the cannon of D and D that I am revisiting.

Stormonu

Legend
No, I actually started considering it during the 3E to 4E switch. We tried numerous games to see which one(s) would scratch our itch, including BECMI, C&C, 2E and SW. [and 4E too]

A

amerigoV

The 5e announcement certainly has not driven me insane in that way. But I did play a bit of 2e at Origins. It was fun in a Calvinball sort of way (and that was enough to remind me of why I dropped out of AD&D at the beginning of 2e).

Deadboy

First Post
Actually, yes. I could totally go for a 1e game right now. Since 5e was announced and we've all been discussing mechanics I've dug out my 3.5 and 2e rulebooks (I already had a 1e book out as my originals were long ago thrown out after getting moldy and I just re-acquired a 1e PHB, Unearthed Arcana, Monster Manual, DMG and Fiend Folio at a tag sale for $10 a few months ago).

So much cool stuff in those old books.

Elf Witch

First Post
No not really.

Though I wish we would hurry up and finish Age of Worms because we are going to do Pathfinder next and I want to play a witch.

Hassassin

First Post
Kind of. More than wanting to play previous editions (except 3e which I always have an urge to play ;)) the forum has given me the urge to try out about a million possible house rules that have been suggested here.

Takes all of my willpower not to turn my players into total guinea pigs.

Remove ads