WotC Hasbro Earnings Call: WotC/BG3 carrying Hasbro

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Do you thing that Winninger paid for this mistake? Then why not Perkins as well?
I don't knownfor sure, but the timeline works out, and the buck stops somewhere. Perkins put something off in a book, but someone made the decision to not have books fully reviewed by sensitivity readers.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I thought the received wisdom was that Winninger resigned in protest at the OGL thing?
No particular reason to think thst: early September, WotC publicly apologizes and releases emergency errata, within a month Winninger is out. The OGL thing doesn't come around until he was gone a few months, and thst one Clickbaiter with inside sources thst cause d a stir confirmed that his inside source said that Winninger leaving had nothing to do the OGL.

I don't know ifnhe got fired for the sensitivity reader failure, bit he certainly left soon after one way or another.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The point was that the Spelljammer situation, while disappointing and embarrassing on several levels, was not a "disaster" per se from a bottom lone business perspective.

Last edited:

mamba

Legend
Not the same. The image was uncomfortably similar to images of minstrelsy. It was almost certainly done innocently or at least ignorantly of the possible connotation. That doesn't make it OK to include nor make the people complaining about it creating a tempest in a teapot. These are real concerns for people, even if they aren't concerns for you.
I said removing it was the right thing to do. The tempest in a teacup was about the impact on WotC, in contrast to what someone else called a disaster.

Remove ads