Hasbro won't back off from deauthorizing the OGL, and nor should they.

darjr

I crit!
Well this debacle made Chris and Cynthia look like they didn’t know what they were doing* to the investors. Worse, for Chris this is the second time WotC has infuriated almost their entire fan base.

Kyle just needed real proof that it was a vital wound vs just a bloody one. Ironically the survey did just that.

*by presiding over an A level disaster, twice!

Last edited:

Bix and Box

Explorer
Sacrosanct, you said...

Do you have insider knowledge that proves the financial impact of wanting to revoke the OGL is the reason they changed course?

So I give it to you. It's corroborated as legit. But because you can't walk away from your failed hypothesis, you can't deal with it.

I blame myself. I was warned. The title on your OP is 'Hasbro won't back off from deauthorizing the OGL, and nor should they."

Sacrosanct

Legend
Sacrosanct, you said...

So I give it to you. It's corroborated as legit. But because you can't walk away from your failed hypothesis, you can't deal with it.

I blame myself. I was warned. The title on your OP is 'Hasbro won't back off from deauthorizing the OGL, and nor should they."
An anonymous insider whistleblower is not evidence, especially since other such “leaks” have already been debunked. That’s not how evidence works.

Any my hypothesis was that this mess hasn’t driven hasbro stock at all. Because it hasn’t. I’ve already provided proof of this by citing the revenue reports and historical stock price charts compared to various announcements about the company.

There is zero correlation between the OGL news and leaks and announcements, and hasbros stock. Because you can’t understand statistics doesn’t mean my hypothesis has been disproven.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

(Hopefully by bolding it, you won't miss it this time.)
I didn't miss it. You lead with the stock thing. In general - broadly speaking, the thing you lead with is getting emphasis from that position, and readers will think that's your main point - other information will generally be taken as support, but less important..

All that sowed the seeds of panic.

I wouldn't ascribe emotions to people you've never even met or spoken to on the topic.

Remove ads