D&D 5E Have I Already Reached the "End" of 5e Product Support?

Retreater

Legend
I'm looking for a campaign to run for some friends, but between all of us, I think that we've come to the end of the officially produced Wizards material. So if you have any 3pp suggestions or recommendations for something official that I'm just discounting unfairly, let me know.

Lost Mines of Phandelver - ran and played it more times than should be allowed by law.
Horde of the Dragon Queen - ran it. it was awful. the end.
Rise of Tiamat - Horde was awful. Never gonna run it.
Princes of the Apocalypse - ran it. twice. it was okay.
Storm King's Thunder - ran it. it was bad.
Out of the Abyss - ran it. twice. it was okay.
Curse of Strahd - ran and played it more times than should be allowed by law.
Tomb of Annihilation - ran it. twice. pretty good.
Tales of the Yawning Portal - we played it back in previous editions
Ghosts of Saltmarsh - we played it back in previous editions
Dungeon of the Mad Mage - my group won't do dungeon crawls
Dragon Heist - not big on levels 1-5 or city adventures; just doesn't seem fun to me.
Descent into Avernus - nothing about it has grabbed me yet.

So, is there something I'm missing? Are there only three adventures I haven't run (Tiamat, Heist, Avernus)?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
You and your crew must just be blasting through these if you've run all those in the few years since 5e came out.

Hell, I could get two or three years out of Princes of the Apocalypse by itself. :)

As for advice, all I can suggest is pulling out some modules from previous editions and-or Pathfinder and converting them over.

Retreater

Legend
I guess it's a combination that I run fast and all of the players also have other groups. Some of them also DM, so we've covered a lot of ground.
I can finish an average Wizards hardcover campaign in 6-9 months playing biweekly for 3-4 hours.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The last five releases you weren’t interested in. You ran five others twice or more (although others you won’t play once because you played a previous version 20 years ago). I’d suggest that the solution is obvious! :)

Nebulous

Legend
I don't see how you've run so many campaigns so many times. I would not want to run any of these megacampaigns twice, it's too much of a time commitment. I have a hard time finishing a single hardback in a year.

Would you want to adapt an older edition game to 5e? That would be fun.

Nebulous

Legend
I guess it's a combination that I run fast and all of the players also have other groups. Some of them also DM, so we've covered a lot of ground.
I can finish an average Wizards hardcover campaign in 6-9 months playing biweekly for 3-4 hours.

Biweekly do you twice a month or twice in one week?

Retreater

Legend
The last five releases you weren’t interested in. You ran five others twice or more (although others you won’t play once because you played a previous version 20 years ago). I’d suggest that the solution is obvious! :)
Haha. I guess I should clarify. I've run the adventures multiple times for different groups, not the same guys.
But between everyone in the group, we've all played all of the games I mentioned at least once.

Retreater

Legend
Biweekly do you twice a month or twice in one week?
Twice a month, though sometimes games get canceled, obviously. So it's actually more like 1.5 sessions a month on average. This isn't taking into account breaks where we tried other systems like Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, etc

Remove ads