D&D 5E Have I Already Reached the "End" of 5e Product Support?

Tony Vargas

Legend
I've tried a few different things. The issue is that many players want only 5e.
OK, and they've collectively gone through all the published adventures.

Fine, why not just go off the rails? Pick a setting you'd really like to run, start the PCs in the middle if it, and let them "sandbox" around, just improvising and filling in the details as they go.
By high levels they should find something they care about and you can parlay that into a final story arc to wrap the campaign.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
This is the first I've heard of it. From what I can tell it's just in the Kickstarter phase, and even at that, it's running late on being fulfilled?
The Kickstarter has finished. I’ve received my PDF copy of the full campaign. It’s meant to be getting printed this month, so I expect I’ll receive my hard copy in time for Christmas. It’s looking pretty epic, though, and won’t be something any of your groups have done before.

Sadras

Legend
In something like Storm King's Thunder, you use about 25% of the book because you don't go after all of the giant tribes. Cut down random encounters on top of that and you're left with a pretty short experience.

My suggestion

High Level Campaign, which is always a nice challenge for a DM: 9th level+

Overlap SKT events (not the entire adventure) with RoT as the main story plot, perhaps have the option of Frozen Castle by Kobold press. Have the PCs clear out one of the Giant Lairs/Dens to get +1 reaction on the RoT Scorecard and use SKT chapter 3 for when the PCs travel in the North.

While the PCs are in Waterdeep for one of the Council Meetings - run The Lich Queen's Begotten
NOTE: Remember Githyanki and Tiamat are allies so it makes sense to have a force of Githyanki attempting to stop the PCs from disrupting the ritual to bring Tiamat in the world. The adventure was designed by M.T. Black and overseen by James Introcaso and Shawn Merwin. These guys are reliable and good-content contributors.

Suggestion to tie in one of the areas of DotMM to the main storyline (Illithids / Githyanki)
Then finalise RoT - with the backstory that other PCs (your past campaigns) succeeded in rescuing Hekaton, so you have giants as allies in the fight.

Lastly close the campaign with a 5e converted version of Chris Perkin's Dungeon Magazine adventure, The Lich Queen's Beloved. It ties perfectly with the earlier tLQ-Begotten.

Starters - A smattering of giants, devils, wizards of Thay and some illithid
Main - Plenty of dragons, githyanki, an evil cult and dirty politics with the you-know-who of the Sword Coast
Dessert - The pièce de résistance: Tiamat & Vlaakith CLVII

Last edited:

Well, there's also Rise of the Drow

Not sure about it's specific quality, but I played some of their smaller one-shots, and they were of decent quality. I've been in contact with James from AAW back in the days once or twice, and he seems a straight up nice guy, which is always a bonus. :)

Remove ads