Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

Staffan

Legend
While not explicit, they‘re pretty strongly implying it’s Natasha whom he didn’t shoot.
I mean, it could be. But Clint only says that there's a target he could have shot, but didn't, because his gut told him she was looking for a way out. Kate assumes he's talking about Natasha, and he does not correct her.

I mean, I'm not saying I'm certain it's Laura, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me.

Stalker0

Legend
I mean, it could be. But Clint only says that there's a target he could have shot, but didn't, because his gut told him she was looking for a way out. Kate assumes he's talking about Natasha, and he does not correct her.
He does not correct her, but he does immediately start talking about Natasha and the time he did not shoot her.

I mean they could make the dialogue that silly just to keep secrets, but I hope they don't :)

pukunui

Legend
I doubt it has to deal with Stark. He’s dead. Exposing any link to him won’t matter. There‘s no vulnerability. Why would Laura be the one asking about it?
But his legacy lives on! Just think of how many murals of Iron Man there are all over the world in Spider-Man: Far From Home.

I am coming around to the idea that the watch isn't Tony's, but I reckon it will still turn out to be Stark tech.

While not explicit, they‘re pretty strongly implying it’s Natasha whom he didn’t shoot.
Clint: "It's about the time I met someone ... I just had this feeling that she wanted out. Turns out I was right."
Kate: "You mean Natasha?"
Clint (nodding): "Yeah."

Seems pretty explicit to me. (@Stalker0)

That convo comes right after Clint is teaching Kate to hit the TV with that little coin-like decoration. She leaps over the couch, they clink glasses, then she asks what the best shot he ever took was. He replies it was the one he didn't take.

They don't talk about the watch until Kate is actually in Maya's apartment looking for it. But yes, it would appear that whoever the watch belongs to is still alive, since the convo goes like this:

Clint: "Belongs to someone I used to work with."
Kate: "Is that the whole story, Clint?"
Clint: "They've been out of the game a long time, but their identity's still attached to that watch."
Kate: "Huh. And if the Tracksuits find out about it?"
Clint: "It would blow their cover. Goodbye, friend."

So yeah, not Tony's watch. Could be Laura's, I guess. I'm now thinking it's someone new, though. This could be a great way to introduce / tease a new superhero.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
My thoughts are on Simon Williams AKA Wonderman. I remember back when WandaVision was still new and there were these behind-the-scenes interviews. In one of them, there are a bunch of storyboards in the background that are blurred out, but not quite enough to prevent seeing that one of them was of Wonderman. And since he has a history with both the Avengers and Kang, he may first show up in a Disney+ show before being in the movies.
I'm a fan of Wonder Man, in no small part because he dies and comes back. And that event haunts him for years thereafter. It made for an interesting character. Without that, we'll have to see what they do with him.
Bringing him in with a Hawkeye connection would be a little weird compared to his original Stark rivalry, though. It would be a better match if we find that Jarvis's personality is partly based on Simon because of how that then translates into Vision's personality. I'd more expect him to appear via Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness as someone attracted to Wanda.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
But his legacy lives on! Just think of how many murals of Iron Man there are all over the world in Spider-Man: Far From Home.

I am coming around to the idea that the watch isn't Tony's, but I reckon it will still turn out to be Stark tech.
Oh its definitely Stark tech, remember in the Spiderman movie (vs Vulture) they had a consignment of Stark/Chitauri tech being transported to the Avengers compound to be destoryed. I wouldnt be suprised that the watch was suppose to be part of such a shipment that got stolen (maybe even by Vultures crew)

Ryujin

Legend
I'm a fan of Wonder Man, in no small part because he dies and comes back. And that event haunts him for years thereafter. It made for an interesting character. Without that, we'll have to see what they do with him.
Bringing him in with a Hawkeye connection would be a little weird compared to his original Stark rivalry, though. It would be a better match if we find that Jarvis's personality is partly based on Simon because of how that then translates into Vision's personality. I'd more expect him to appear via Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness as someone attracted to Wanda.
I was a fan of Wonder Man because of the way that he used that rocket belt that Stark (?) gave him, ie "poorly."

pukunui

Legend
Did you guys catch the flipped joke about boomerang arrows? In the comics, it was Clint trying to sell Kate on them "because they come back". In this, it was Kate trying to sell the idea to Clint. Nice little nod for the comics fans.

hawkeye-boomerang-arrow.jpg

Perhaps we'll see something similar to this in one of the remaining episodes:
e3e42538-56b5-49e8-a6d0-28cd945ea939-hawkeye_3_0.jpeg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Oh its definitely Stark tech, remember in the Spiderman movie (vs Vulture) they had a consignment of Stark/Chitauri tech being transported to the Avengers compound to be destoryed. I wouldnt be suprised that the watch was suppose to be part of such a shipment that got stolen (maybe even by Vultures crew)
Actually this has triggered another thought - Armor Wars is coming out next year, apparently featuring Warmachine recovering rogue Starktech. The watch could be a set up for that - and we come full circle, its Tonys watch lol

Remove ads