Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

What’s the next Marvel Disney+ show on the schedule? Ms Marvel?

I presume that will start around the time The Book of Boba Fett finishes.

Everything has been pushed back, same as the movies. So far, Ms Marvel is listed as Summer 2022, and the other announced shows are just 2022, or later, with no more details. We also know a 2nd season of What If? is coming, and probably already finished in production, so we may get that as the next MCU show. Or they may give us two Star Wars shows in a row, maybe the 2nd season of The Bad Batch.

It has a salmon-pink face in both shots. In the first one it just has some metallic reflections of red light.

Well, whether is was just a trick of the light or something, naming her Agent 19 on the back of the watch makes Laura as Mockingbird. That just leaves the question of whether she is the only Mockingbird and Agents of SHIELD is finally shown as non-canon, or if she retired and passed the codename on to Bobbi Morse.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Well, whether is was just a trick of the light or something, naming her Agent 19 on the back of the watch makes Laura as Mockingbird. That just leaves the question of whether she is the only Mockingbird and Agents of SHIELD is finally shown as non-canon, or if she retired and passed the codename on to Bobbi Morse.
Yeah I first thought that was quite a slap down for AoS and a 👋 in the face of Adrienne Palicki, but if MCU Mockingbird is a designation like Black Widow then Bobbi Morse (Also called Agent 19) might still be active and off in the UK.

as for the 2022 TV Lineup
Ms. Marvel, in Summer (July?)
Then Moon Knight,
She-Hulk
Nick Fury for Secret Invasion.
Werewolf By Night gets a Halloween special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
The pattern has been 6 episode ‘seasons”

Ryujin

Legend
Yeah I first thought that was quite a slap down for AoS and a 👋 in the face of Adrienne Palicki, but if MCU Mockingbird is a designation like Black Widow then Bobbi Morse (Also called Agent 19) might still be active and off in the UK.

as for the 2022 TV Lineup
Ms. Marvel, in Summer (July?)
Then Moon Knight,
She-Hulk
Nick Fury for Secret Invasion.
Werewolf By Night gets a Halloween special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
The pattern has been 6 episode ‘seasons”
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Tatjana Maslany does with "She Hulk." Anyone who has watched "Orphan Black" knows what a phenomenal actress she is.

Stalker0

Legend
That's an example of how you do that sort of thing; show an honest connection between two characters, who have a love of a third in common. BvS pulled it out like a Bat Shark Repellent out of a utility belt, but without the irony.
Honestly the moment by itself was likely not enough to stop Yelena. Afterall, she's a spy, she knows that someone who knows you perfectly well one day could betray you the next. The idea that Hawkeye knew about Natasha's life and past means nothing in terms of whether he could have killed her.

I think its more that Yelena was looking for reasons not to kill. I mean this whole time she has been taking her time with this hit, and even in fights with Hawkeye never showed really killer aggression. And so that whistle was a moment that let her stop and consider, and it worked out pretty well.

DeviousQuail

Adventurer
A pretty good finale. It hit this perfect level of comicbooky over-the-topness that managed to be simultaneously absurd, thrilling, earnest, and heartfelt. It also cleared up most of the loose strings while leaving a couple hanging for future endeavors. It doesn't supplant WandaVision as my favorite D+ show but it's up there.

New game: we saw how Clint reacted to Rodgers the musical. How do you think other MCU characters (living or less so) would react?

Ant-Man: Just vibing to the music.
Iron Man: "I saves New York from being nuked and snapped Thanos out of existence but sure let's make a musical about Rodgers."
Capt America: "That's America's musical."
Black Panther: "Wakanda nonsense is this?"
Hulk: Same cringey feeling he experienced seeing himself during Endgame.

Ryujin

Legend
A pretty good finale. It hit this perfect level of comicbooky over-the-topness that managed to be simultaneously absurd, thrilling, earnest, and heartfelt. It also cleared up most of the loose strings while leaving a couple hanging for future endeavors. It doesn't supplant WandaVision as my favorite D+ show but it's up there.

New game: we saw how Clint reacted to Rodgers the musical. How do you think other MCU characters (living or less so) would react?

Ant-Man: Just vibing to the music.
Iron Man: "I saves New York from being nuked and snapped Thanos out of existence but sure let's make a musical about Rodgers."
Capt America: "That's America's musical."
Black Panther: "Wakanda nonsense is this?"
Hulk: Same cringey feeling he experienced seeing himself during Endgame.
Shuri - They're using wires? WIRES?!
Natasha - I do *NOT * land like that.
Thor - I am not that puny. And my hair is... better.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Honestly the moment by itself was likely not enough to stop Yelena. Afterall, she's a spy, she knows that someone who knows you perfectly well one day could betray you the next. The idea that Hawkeye knew about Natasha's life and past means nothing in terms of whether he could have killed her.

I think its more that Yelena was looking for reasons not to kill. I mean this whole time she has been taking her time with this hit, and even in fights with Hawkeye never showed really killer aggression. And so that whistle was a moment that let her stop and consider, and it worked out pretty well.

well yes, but thats been her character since she was establshed in the BW movie - she's a fun loving young woman who happens to have a very specific set of skills.
In the movie its the line where she always considered their family to be real and in Hawkeye its portrayed in the interaction between Yelena and Kate. Their fight was great because its made clear that Yelena outclasses Kate during the entire scramble, but she has no intention of hurting Kate, just removing an obstacle.
Even her taking on the role of rescuing the victims of the Red Room displays herfunamental goodness.
Val used revenge on Natasha's killer as a hook to drag her in, but once Yelena got new information her good nature asserted itself and the Whistle became carthasis, she can put Natasha to rest, knowing thay she chose to die to save everyone

Rune

Once A Fool
Unless I'm forgetting something from Daredevil (and to be fair, I never saw the last season), Fisk seemed at least borderline superhuman in a way he'd never seemed in the Netflix show.
It’s not entirely unlikely that he was able to get ahold of some of the Power Broker’s super-serum at some point.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
I think its very easy to believe that Fisk had the best body armor money can buy under his clothes. Hell he might have even had personal shielding, or something all said and done.

I think his strength is supposed to be "peak human"....and considering what feats "normal humans" can do in Marvel, I think he's feats were in line with a peak version of that. The simple truth is, humans in the MCU are just stronger and more durable than actual human anatomy would allow, so you have to allow for a bit of "superhuman" when you look at the top conditions.

And no I don't think Fisk is dead for a second. Whether it was some shield device, or fisk actually turned the tables on Maya and got the gun...they definitely have plans for that character in the future, he's too good to throw away.

Ultimately I think this show was one of the better representations of what I thought the MCU tv shows would represent. Just a good old time, with some fleshing of characters, some fun plots that don't ultimately change things TOO much. Ultimately it did a good blend of making Clint both heroic and mortal, and frankly was a better send off for Natasha than her own movie.
This. We see Kate shoot him point blank earlier and he yanks it out. Plus, in Daredevil, it shows he has a guy that could make a clothing weave out of bullet proof material. Uncle Ben might be dead but Wilson Fisk? never!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I loved this show, until this episode. Where were the police that whole fight? And I'm so over good guys letting bad guys live or at least not be arrested, and come back to hurt others over and over. But the lack of police was just stupid.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I loved this show, until this episode. Where were the police that whole fight? And I'm so over good guys letting bad guys live or at least not be arrested, and come back to hurt others over and over. But the lack of police was just stupid.

Does Kingpin have some strings he can pull to get a bit of time to work? Hard to say it's "your city" if every diligent beat cop could cause major trouble.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Publisher
I liked the series, but yeah, I was wondering where all the police were, especially that part of New York. And they were gone for a long time.

This. We see Kate shoot him point blank earlier and he yanks it out. Plus, in Daredevil, it shows he has a guy that could make a clothing weave out of bullet proof material. Uncle Ben might be dead but Wilson Fisk? never!

All Fisk had to do was arrange a small disturbance a little distance away to pull away the locally stationed police, and the rest of it would be over before there was response.

Fisk has survived wounds that would kill a normal man on more than one occasion. He is portrayed as almost 500 pounds of solid muscle, on a massive bone structure. He's gone toe-to-toe with Daredevil and Spiderman. I have no doubt that he'll be back after a single gunshot. That (field pointed) arrow barely penetrated him. He didn't need body armour.
Two words:

Hit points.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4