Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

BRayne

Adventurer
But she had just shot Maya 5 seconds before that, without hesitating. I know it's not the same, but you can draw comparisons.
Also purely from a storytelling perspective, you're not gonna have a story told about how Hawkeye (Clint) chose not to shoot Black Widow (Natasha), and then later in the same episode put so much focus on Hawkeye (Kate) choosing not to shoot Black Widow (Yelena) and not have it mean something.

Herschel

Adventurer
Dr. Strange also had a love of expensive watches prior to his accident.

Hank Pym has already been introduced through a trick arrow and easily could have taste for expensive watches. It might even be a size regulator. He would fit the description of someone long out of it.

The fact that Laura Burton chose German to speak about it may be a clue - but if so I'm not catching who they mean. Or that might just be a language she's fluent with in the comics that the children wouldn't know so it was just a bit of character building.

It could have been Fury. Or Skree through Fury.

But another clue is that the TSM knew about it and were coming for JUST THAT WATCH. And Clint & Laura thought it had been long destroyed. That the TSM knew what was being sold at the auction is easy - probably among "that element" what was up for sale was distributed. But that they recognized the value of it while potentially others did not is important.
I'm wondering if it's Doctor Zola's. He's been "out of the game" of being human a long time, but it may tie to his consciousness. The German would kind of tie it in, too.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm wondering if it's Doctor Zola's. He's been "out of the game" of being human a long time, but it may tie to his consciousness. The German would kind of tie it in, too.
Thats a really good theory too, iirc Zola died in the 70s? so likely before Clint joined SHIELD - still a mystery as to Lauras association

MarkB

Legend
Thats a really good theory too, iirc Zola died in the 70s? so likely before Clint joined SHIELD - still a mystery as to Lauras association
I'm not sure why they'd be concerned about revelations relating to Zola, though. Aside from the fact that he wasn't much of a friend, everything relating to Hydra and Zola was already released into the wild by Natasha at the end of Winter Soldier.

Why would Zola's watch contain encrypted information on Clint Barton's family?

And if we are being I don't believe that model watch was made before Zola died.

Herschel

Adventurer
Why would Zola's watch contain encrypted information on Clint Barton's family?

And if we are being I don't believe that model watch was made before Zola died.
Zola was in the machine and had access to a lot of information likely hidden from others and may have "found" info on Fury setting up the "safehouse" for Clint's family, among other assets and agents. I don't examine the age of the watch, etc. just had an idea based on info we have.

Ryujin

Legend
Zola was in the machine and had access to a lot of information likely hidden from others and may have "found" info on Fury setting up the "safehouse" for Clint's family, among other assets and agents. I don't examine the age of the watch, etc. just had an idea based on info we have.
Based on the tech at the time that Zola was digitized, his whole being could be stored in that watch now.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
But another clue is that the TSM knew about it and were coming for JUST THAT WATCH. And Clint & Laura thought it had been long destroyed. That the TSM knew what was being sold at the auction is easy - probably among "that element" what was up for sale was distributed. But that they recognized the value of it while potentially others did not is important.
Yep, so it's probably going to be related the TSM or Kingpin or Sloan Limited (and thus Jacques Duquesne) or something directly connected to them and maybe Bishop Security.

Remove ads