He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Reboot

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I just posted my Greatest Animation list here:

And then stumbled upon the release of the trailer for Masters of the Universe: Revelation here:

It's Executive Produced by Kevin Smith, good music, and Mark "I am not Luke, I am Joker" Hamill as the voice of Skeletor.

On the one hand, it does an awesome job of getting those 80s vibes, while updating it.
On the other hand, after seeing the amazing job they did with She-Ra by doing something different, this feels a little too same-y?

Are you looking forward to this?

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
I just posted my Greatest Animation list here:

And then stumbled upon the release of the trailer for Masters of the Universe: Revelation here:

It's Executive Produced by Kevin Smith, good music, and Mark "I am not Luke, I am Joker" Hamill as the voice of Skeletor.

On the one hand, it does an awesome job of getting those 80s vibes, while updating it.
On the other hand, after seeing the amazing job they did with She-Ra by doing something different, this feels a little too same-y?

Are you looking forward to this?
I am looking forward to it more than I care to admit.

I was a total geek for the original as a little kid. I also watched and enjoyed the 2000s reboot.

This looks interesting. If anything, I worried that it's not over-the-top enough with weirdness. The promo makes the action scenes look a bit too serious. It could just be the editing, though.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Hell yea. Not that She-Ra wasn't really good, but I like the animation style in the trailer much better. And that trailer gave me some serious goosebumps.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Hell yea. Not that She-Ra wasn't really good, but I like the animation style in the trailer much better. And that trailer gave me some serious goosebumps.

Yeah, I think that's where I'm at. Sometime (all the times?) I overthink things. I just remember how amazingly and pleasantly surprised I was by She-Ra, and I'm hoping that this is just as amazing.

Remove ads