He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Reboot

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I wasn't looking forward to it until I just found out it existed due to your post. Now I am!
Yeah I heard rumours this was happening but assumed it was still in develop phases, hadnt realised it would be ready now

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
So man that animation looks awesome!

So one of the things that really impressed me with the Thundercats reboot was how good the villains were. Gone were the clumsy incompetant buffons, beast man was scary as heck, and Mum-Ra was insanely strong enough before he transforms.

So that's what I'm hoping for the reboot. Give me a terrifying skeletor!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
So man that animation looks awesome!

So one of the things that really impressed me with the Thundercats reboot was how good the villains were. Gone were the clumsy incompetant buffons, beast man was scary as heck, and Mum-Ra was insanely strong enough before he transforms.

So that's what I'm hoping for the reboot. Give me a terrifying skeletor!
How the heck am I missing all of these reboots?! Who has the Thundercats? I want to stream that.

How the heck am I missing all of these reboots?! Who has the Thundercats? I want to stream that.

The Thundercats reboot is actually a decade old now. I believe it's on Hulu. Originally on Cartoon Network.

On the subject of things you missed from 2011, that year also had a new Voltron show (Voltron Force). I liked it a lot. It was a continuation, not a reboot, but it ignored Voltron: The Third Dimension.

Excited for this, but not convinced it'll be awesome. The quality work Netflix did on She-Ra gives hope. And the use of Holding Out For A Hero in the trailer evokes that 80s feel, and a little bit of the camp that was a part of the original He-Man cartoon.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The quality work Netflix did on She-Ra gives hope.

So, the quality of She-Ra was largely about the re-invention, which was great. Smith has been clear that for He-Man, it is not a re-invention. They were tasked with making pretty much the same show as it used to be, but today, rather than in the 1980s. I don't expect to see much in the way of changes in message, for example.

True, Noelle Stevenson pointedly went with a very different approach than what one would expect from Kevin Smith (who I generally am lukewarm on).

So, the quality of She-Ra was largely about the re-invention, which was great. Smith has been clear that for He-Man, it is not a re-invention. They were tasked with making pretty much the same show as it used to be, but today, rather than in the 1980s. I don't expect to see much in the way of changes in message, for example.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I love the comment on "good music" when the song is "I need a hero," by Bonnie Tyler. Absolutely awesome track, but I doubt it will be used in the show itself.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Looks like a nice updated version! The trailer pretty much tells you what it's about... strong manly-men and powerful womanly-women fighting against the "Forces of Darkness(tm)", all updated in animation style and quality. :D I also agree that it looks like it is being taken on a more "serious" note; Skeletor doesn't seem to be a bumbling, incompetent buffoon surrounded by even more bumbling, incompetent buffoons. We might even get to see some 'seriousness' in it. More of a "MA" than a "PG". That'd be nice!

I'd love to watch it...but it's on Netflix. And until Netflix removes "Cuties", I'm not going back.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Honestly, just update it with a coherent mythos and some decent storytelling and I’m happy.

Remove ads