• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hellbox Revisited: brainstorming

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I hear rumblings in our group that there may be a new campaign launching- probably 3.5Ed or Pathfinder, possibly 4th- and I thought I might dust off the Hellbox concept:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ifty-Warforged-PC-concepts!&highlight=Hellbox

Basically, Hellbox is a combo of Hellboy and a Hellraiser LeMarchand box; a Warforged created to be an ambulatory, sentient gate to the lower planes, but who has rejected his reason for existing.

As is, he's a (3.5Ed) Ftr/BttlSorc, more likely to channel his arcane energy through his Infernal Shout or Arcane Strike due to his Mithral or Adamantine body. But I want to explore some different build options.

I could see him being a crafter caster, for instance. Or taking a different martial class as his foundation: Barbarian, Marshall, Duskblade, PsyWar, Paladin- possibly even Favored Soul- all make sense.

And I have the skeleton of a 4Ed version that is a Hybrid Battlemind/Infernal Pact Warlock. Hexblade would work, too, if they had offered MC or Hybrid rules for the Essenials classes. :.-(

But I have no clue as to what a Pathfinder version of this PC would look like...or if one would even be possible.

So, any ideas?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
My only idea is that you finally amalgamate all of your creativity and go into business writing some sort of alternate PHB where your ideas can be shared with the masses.

... also, make him a Transforming 3.x Chameleon that changes shape to get his boosts.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My only idea is that you finally amalgamate all of your creativity and go into business writing some sort of alternate PHB where your ideas can be shared with the masses.

... also, make him a Transforming 3.x Chameleon that changes shape to get his boosts.

:D

Monte Cook already beat me to that. So did Paizo. And...

So I just post stuff here, "automatic for the people!"

(I kinds dig the Chamelon angle, too.)

In Pathfinder, you might look at Oracle with a Outer Rifts mystery.
What is the Oracle's schtick, and what book are they in?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Kenku. I thought they were silly at first but a friend sold me on them and I find they're a great race with lots of flava and a fine layer of cheese.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads