Help me build Urban Fantasy NYC

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If the various ethnic Mobs have supernatural influences, it could give entirely new meaning to the term "made man"...

Yakuza with magic tattoos are an obvious option, as are Caribbean gangs fortified by voodoo...

Oooooohhh...golem enforcers for either the Jewish gangs and/or as bodyguards for the diamond merchants!

Foo Dogs in Chinatown!

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
If you have demigods, the heir of God of Storms (Mr. Thorson?) might live someplace with a reputation of always being stormy and rainy. Because the weather responds to his whims and temper. He probably moved somewhere well uphill, because of the constant localized flooding.

I always preferred Mr Wednesday when dealing with deities in mortal form. Or Harald Lowkey, but that's just me.

Dresden Files is probably your best bet for a go to in terms of supernatural kitchen sinks on the fringes of society.

Chris633

Explorer
Thank you everyone for all of the feedback so far! I have pages of notes I want to integrate into my the outline for my world's NYC. I'm drawing heavily on urban fantasy book series I have read (Dresden, Anita Blake, Hollows, Otherworld to name a few). I plan to use the Savage Worlds rule system. I found a few fan-made and third party stuff for character creation for my players. I'll post my outline here once I get it together. I also found this webpage which I have been able to mine for stuff. It's heavily based on the Anita Blake books.

http://windycity.wikidot.com/

Remove ads