Help me choose the right character!!

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Well I am about to join a group at level 13. They have two Characters from the Bo9S, a cleric, a sorcerer, and a ranger. They need a skill monkey or a precision based damage dealer.

Here are my stats:
14, 17, 13, 13, 17, 18

I have compiled a list of builds that I liked:
Bard 7/Druid 6 Summoning singer
Rogue11/Monk2 (Ascetic Rogue, Throat punch, Versatile Unarmed Strike, Dodge Tree, Flick of the Wrist, Quick Draw)
Bard 13 (Versatile Performer (Cadv), Subsonics, Lingering Song,
Halfling Paragon 3/Rogue 5/Master Thrower 5
Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 2/Order of the Bow 8
Goliath(1)/ Druid 8/ Stonespeaker Guardian 5
Elf Rogue 1/Fighter 7/Champion of Lathander 5
Human (Dragonborn) Monk 5/Disciple of the Eye 5/Tattooed Monk 3
Human Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 7
Human Dragon Fist Monk 5/Dragon Descendant 8
Human Rogue 5/Hand of the Dragon Master 8
Human Cleric 5/Swift Wing 8
Half-Giant (1) Ardent 12
Xeph Fighter 4/Soulknife 2/Soulbow 7
Githzerai (2) Monk 6/Zerth Cenobite 5

Any that seem stupid or just not very good in play? Any that you would have me add to deliberate over?

Shellman

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
Well I am about to join a group at level 13. They have two Characters from the Bo9S, a cleric, a sorcerer, and a ranger. They need a skill monkey or a precision based damage dealer.

Here are my stats:
14, 17, 13, 13, 17, 18

I have compiled a list of builds that I liked:
Bard 7/Druid 6 Summoning singer
Rogue11/Monk2 (Ascetic Rogue, Throat punch, Versatile Unarmed Strike, Dodge Tree, Flick of the Wrist, Quick Draw)
Bard 13 (Versatile Performer (Cadv), Subsonics, Lingering Song,
Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 2/Order of the Bow 8
Goliath(1)/ Druid 8/ Stonespeaker Guardian 5
Human (Dragonborn) Monk 5/Disciple of the Eye 5/Tattooed Monk 3
Human Fighter 5/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple 7
Human Dragon Fist Monk 5/Dragon Descendant 8
Human Rogue 5/Hand of the Dragon Master 8
Human Cleric 5/Swift Wing 8
Half-Giant (1) Ardent 12
Githzerai (2) Monk 6/Zerth Cenobite 5

Any that seem stupid or just not very good in play? Any that you would have me add to deliberate over?

I like the Soulknife/ Soulbow Build even though its not necessarily precision based damage. You will only be screwed if your facing anything without an intelligence score. Plenty of feats out there in XPH and Complete Psionics to augment Psychic Strike damage. One of the best class traits is, you dont have to worry about buying weapons. One drawback, you may have an issue with DR if you run across anything requiring cold iron, adamantine or silver.

I dont advise too much multiclassing with Soulknife though, otherwise you can lose some Psychic Strike damage. You should probably focus on one or the other melee (Soulknife) or ranged (Soulbow).

Last edited:

ivocaliban

First Post

A little bit skill monkey, a little bit precision based damage dealer. I'm sure someone will stomp on the Halfling Paragon, but this sounds like a fun build. The group you've (briefly) described looks to me like it could use that skill monkey more than a damage dealer, though. Might want to go with:

Darklone

Here are my stats:
14, 17, 13, 13, 17, 18
Cool. Love that.
I'd rather lower Rogue and get some Invisible Blade levels in between. Or what about Lurk?
Why not Rogue2/Ftr6? Evasion and the same number of feats, same BAB. Or perhaps
Zen Archery hmmm.... Wisdom to damage and to hit rocks. I'm not certain about the 4 ftr levels though.

Free draw looks nice to me and you miss out a +1 enhancement to your mindblade/bow. That's not worth it IMHO for Weapon Spec.

Xeph Celerity rocks. Swift Mind Strike too.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Maybe, Daggerspell Mage? A couple Wizard levels could come in handy in that bunch.

Darklone

About the rogue/monk build with Flick of the Wrist: Rather get that Trick from Complete Scoundrel that does the same. You need for feats for better stuff.

Particle_Man

Explorer
If you take at least 10 levels of Rogue, Complete Scoundrel has a feat that lets you use the Rogue ability that does Str damage on sneak attacks and apply the Str damage to creatures normally immune to sneak attacks (undead, oozes, constructs, humans in armor with heavy fortification, etc.).

Remove ads