• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help - Need 9th Level PC's for a Tomb of Horrors Game This Weekend

Help me EN World! You're my only hope!! :)

Ok, so here's the situation. I'm running the 3.5E version of the Tomb of Horrors as a one-shot for my gaming group this weekend. I've asked them to make 2 9th level characters each but after reading the adventure through I'm not sure that 2 per person will be enough! There are a lot of ways for unwary PC's to bite the dust in this thing.

So I think I should have some extra pre-generated PC's on hand for my players once they have killed off both PC's that they have made up. Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on said PC's?

I could do them myself but that would take a while, and I don't really have the time to do so, especially trying to give them equipment.

Thanks in advance,

Olaf the Stout

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Enemies and Allies, although 3.0, has all of the iconic characters statted up for fifth, tenth, and fifteenth level. As they might be a bit on the weak side (IIRC, they have NPC wealth), they might do in a pinch. There are eleven of them, I believe. I used to like to use them for playtesting at those levels.

The eConic Human Fighter and The eConic Halfling Rogue include characters statted up from first to twentieth level, in their respective race and class combos.

You could also snag a few freebies in the Living EN World Official Character Thread.

Last edited:

Nikroecyst

First Post
I have attempted to run TOH twice with two differnt groups. The earlier group gave up and the later group was dissappointed that there was not enough combat, even after I added a butt load of random encounters. The later group fell victem to one pc as his alignment changed to evil after passing through the archway 4 times. Only 2 of 6 pcs made it out alive and those players didn't even want to continue after that.

Good luck with your group. I hope you have more success than I have had with it!!!

Well, I didn't need the extra PC's as it turned out. There were only 2 deaths and the players made it up to the evil chapel before we ran out of time. I was disappointed not to get more, especially after one PC died in the very first pit trap (and another PC had to have 2 Restoration spells cast on him.

On the plus side I did manage to turn 2 of the PC's female. One of the gender changed PC's then got stripped completely of all his/her gear (which made things interesting for the other male PCs! :lol: ). I nearly got another death or two after the Rogue was dominated and proceeded to almost sneak attack the Fighter to death in one round.

A good time was had by all though. We may try and finish it before our next regular gaming session next week.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads