• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help test something

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Since up until now I've been able to get the matches going again every time they've been stuck, I didn't notice this earlier:

Every single match under 'Live Matches' (except for maybe 4 or 5 of the top ones) appear to be hung games:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/tripletriad.php?do=arena

Just like the cards you choose for a tournament before it begins, every single card that players have in play in those hung matches are unavailable to them in other matches.

This means that every time that a game gets stuck like that the players lose access to ALL cards in play in those matches. This is not a small problem.

Edit: I've still been able to finish other matches, but I'm now wary of playing in any of the random ones, or using good cards, because I can't be sure that the match can be completed. Which kinda sucks.

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Since up until now I've been able to get the matches going again every time they've been stuck, I didn't notice this earlier:

Every single match under 'Live Matches' (except for maybe 4 or 5 of the top ones) appear to be hung games:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/tripletriad.php?do=arena
Make sure that you click on "Leave Match" when your match is done. Don't just click on any other link. I had a couple dozen cards unavailable to me until I tried this trick.

Orius

Legend
Setting up a trade isn't working right in IE9. I click on the arrows to offer or request cards, and they don't show up in the boxes to the right. The interface does subract the card from my collection, but I can't complete the trade offer because it thinks I'm not offering anything. It's working right in Chrome though.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Make sure that you click on "Leave Match" when your match is done. Don't just click on any other link. I had a couple dozen cards unavailable to me until I tried this trick.
Which might be sound advice for most cases, except that I have two matches currently stuck where the Leave Match link is giving me the message "it is not your turn". :hmm:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
IMPORTANT!

[MENTION=10324]jonesy[/MENTION] [MENTION=31304]TarionzCousin[/MENTION] [MENTION=90161]A flannel shirt[/MENTION]

I've reported the hung game bug to the developer, who has responded:

I think the best way to fix that would probably be to always allow leaving matches when it's a CPU battle.

Not sure how easy it'll be though... I'll have a look once I'm done with vBShout and had something to eat xD

Could you post the exact wording of the error you get when trying to leave a match when it's not your turn? That'll help tracking down exactly where it's happening so I know where to change the code

So could someone please post the exact error message they're getting?

A flannel shirt

First Post
There isn't any errors, it just sits on the computers turn and does nothing.

However I may have found something.

Jonesy, and Tarionz have entered the newest tournament. I tried to enter but as soon as I read something like once you enter the tournament you can't play in any other games. I decided to close that window because I wanted to play more games and wait for the tournament to be filled or close to it.

I hope this helps.

I'm going to officially join the tournament now.

Looking at the spread of cards that people have collected so far, it seems that most people aren't finding anything. Or they are and then lose them. Might be good if there was a way to mark cards that you possess as unusable in battles so that they wouldn't randomly appear in matches you can't win, or a way to play only on certain exact levels. Or maybe just allow the player to pick the starting hand all the time.

One way of doing this "within the system" is to start a Bored Guardsman match, and select the cards you want to protect. Then exit without finishing the game and start a higher level Random game. The cards in the B.G. match should be unavailble/protected for random selection. Then after the random match, go to your "Active Battles" link and finish the B.G. game.

A flannel shirt

First Post
One way of doing this "within the system" is to start a Bored Guardsman match, and select the cards you want to protect. Then exit without finishing the game and start a higher level Random game. The cards in the B.G. match should be unavailble/protected for random selection. Then after the random match, go to your "Active Battles" link and finish the B.G. game.

This could work but might mess up other things. I've noticed that the more I win against the lower guys, the more cards I get and the more daring I am to facing the big guys. I also play matches against the stronger guys and fully expect to lose but if you play the one type of game you keep what you "capture" you just go in looking for new cards. It is VERY slow to do but it works. This gets easier when you get magical items.

-----------------
Also the tournament is full and my opponent is dog. But whenever I try and join the game to play him I get this message: This is not a tournament match.

A side note to the current tourney: Jonesy and I can only face each other in the finals. ;)

If I understand the brackets correctly.

@Morrus I can't figure out how to start my tournament match. If I pick it from the list of Active Battles, I just get a notice that this is not a tournament match. Which it is.

EDIT: Fixed, the problem was an old CPU match that had hung up. I cleared that and it's fine.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads