• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help test something

A flannel shirt

First Post
I still have a hard time understanding plus.

I've pulled off awesome ones without even knowing.

I'm surprised I play this game being so bad at math and thinking a head.

I'm a terrible chess player.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I still have a hard time understanding plus.

I've pulled off awesome ones without even knowing.

I'm surprised I play this game being so bad at math and thinking a head.

I'm a terrible chess player.
On each card you have a value in each of the four directions. When you place a card on the table each of those values will either face nothing, a value on another card, or the side of the playing area (designated as wall, with a value of 10).

Now, each of those directions forms a pair of numbers. A pair is a number on your card, and the number facing it. If the sums of two of those pairs are an exact match, you win in both directions. Even if the numbers on your card on those two facing pairs are lower than the numbers facing your card.

Man, this really is a hard rule to explain concisely.

Edit:

I'll use the match with me and Fifth Element as a better example:
Plus Combo.png

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I have try it out a lot today, at least against NPC. Bugs I have found or things I find annoying:

1) Cannot see opponent move
Sometimes, when I play against the Wandering Trickster, he is first to play and he seems to not play. I got tired of waiting and see that I can play even if it's my opponent turn. When I play, I seldom cannot do my move as I want to play at the same place as the Wandering Trickster (but the card was not played, so I have no clue what card he played). Once I play, his card is played quickly followed by mine. Then, things come back to normal, but I had to blindly play my first move.

To reproduce:
1) Start a game vs Wandering Trickster
2) Wandering Trickster must go first
3) Wandering Trickster doesn't seems to play.

2) Cannot select card to put in my deck
I bought many starter deck to have at least 5 of each. I don't know if that the cause, but when it's time to choose my deck, most of my card have a count number at 0 or in the negative. How I am suppose to compete against higher NPC when I can't select some of the fey, most of my dwarves and all my treant and Earth Elementals

To reproduce:
1) Start a game vs Drunken Cardmaster or Bored Guardsman

3)Magical Items
I have a medallion... how does it work? I feel it flip randomly and that is also annoying.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
1) Cannot see opponent move
Refresh works in most cases to see what is actually going on on the battlefield.

2) Cannot select card to put in my deck
You have 30 or 40 matches in the Battle Arena room. Those are all matches which you haven't completed, or which have become stuck. That's ~30 X 5 cards that you can not use because they are tied to those matches. You need to go back to them and finish them or unstick them before you get the cards back to use.

Velmont

First Post
Refresh works in most cases to see what is actually going on on the battlefield.

Ok, thanks.

You have 30 or 40 matches in the Battle Arena room. Those are all matches which you haven't completed, or which have become stuck. That's ~30 X 5 cards that you can not use because they are tied to those matches. You need to go back to them and finish them or unstick them before you get the cards back to use.

Some yes, some are game I haven't completed because I was just trying things around.

A flannel shirt

First Post
On each card you have a value in each of the four directions. When you place a card on the table each of those values will either face nothing, a value on another card, or the side of the playing area (designated as wall, with a value of 10).

Now, each of those directions forms a pair of numbers. A pair is a number on your card, and the number facing it. If the sums of two of those pairs are an exact match, you win in both directions. Even if the numbers on your card on those two facing pairs are lower than the numbers facing your card.

Man, this really is a hard rule to explain concisely.

Edit:

I'll use the match with me and Fifth Element as a better example:
Plus%20Combo.png

I understand it (mostly) but it is so hard to spot. Nice combo 5th. I'm still waiting on dog to move.

My best match was this one:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/tripletriad.php?do=arena&act=replay&id=1415

@Velmont
I have a few medallions. From what I can tell them flip the cards they are by but get flipped if they are a -1 from the elements. However I am not 100% because I have seen some strange things.

I personally don't like the elements. I've only have one elemental card and she isn't very good. If there were more elemental cards the option would be cool.

Does anyone know how long a person gets to take turns in tournaments?

Last edited:

Remove ads