Help to choose a kingmaker pg

Eleclipse

First Post
We're playing a kingmaker campaign, we're at lvl 4 (almost at the end of book 1 i think) and i have to change pg, so here i'm for some spoiler-free advice.

The rest of the group is made of:

-A cure-focused oracle

-A druid without animal companion but with the earth domain

-An inquisitor focused on a bow-build (sort of a glass cannon, except for the fact that is not yet a cannon, since we are at low levels)

-A "lawful stupid" paladin with 8 in int and 7 in wis who basically charge everthing evil or supposed to be evil (sigh)

We have 15 point build.

So far the class i would like to try are (i'm quite indecisive when it come to choose a class):

-Ninja: (i already tested a little with it, catfolk, str10 , dex 18, con 12, int 10, wis 12, cha 14, use the doublechained kama and he's focused on twf) I really like it but i wonder if he can keep up with the rest of the party, expecially since we're in the wild a lot.

-Sorcerer crafter/face (the paladin have 20 in car but with his attitude is not the best face ever so i tought of this)

-Wizard/crafter universal or conjurer

-I was also suggested the cavalier but at first sight it seem kind of a minor brother of the paladin, the concept of the class is very cool but i'm worried about his usefulness (more than a half of the combat till now was without mount and in place were a mount can't do a lot, maybe with the beast rider archetype he could better?)

Any advice on this is more than welcome :)

Crothian

First Post
I'd go with a Verdant Sorcerer. You will be in the wilderness a lot so you want a character that can excel there. The Sorcerer also has a great versatility that will pay off as you will run into things you are not expecting. :D

We are in book 6 of Kingmaker and it's been a blast!

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Sounds like the group could use an arcanist. If going sorcerer, I like Fey bloodline, and it gives entangle, which is nice at low levels if outdoors a lot. If going wizard, I'd get teleportation subschool Conjuror...it's just that damn good.

I would not do ninja. It's the most MAD class in the game and 15 point buy would be tough. i've also been seeing threads on paizo forums about rogues having trouble contributing much in Kingmaker, for various reasons.

Why can't you be mounted a lot if you're in the wild? Beast Rider wouldn't help, all of its choices are still land-bound, iirc. Would being a Halfling or Gnome (or Goblin! they're pretty good cavaliers) and a smaller mount help at all?

Eleclipse

First Post
Thanks a lot for the advices!

I think i'll do a wizard or a sorcerer after reading this data.

I know pretty well the wizard but i never used the sorcerer did you guys have some good tip for it? I should go for a blaster, a wannabe-god, somewhere in the middle?

Any other thing's to know to do well my job?

[MENTION=35909]StreamOfTheSky[/MENTION]: i was of that people in the paizo board!

For che conjurerer you are right, teleportation is great, the only doubt i have is that -4 to craft for the two opposite school sice i would craft a lot. Anayway in that case i tought of choosing as opposite school divination and enchantment, what do you think about it?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
We're playing a kingmaker campaign, we're at lvl 4 (almost at the end of book 1 i think) and i have to change pg, so here i'm for some spoiler-free advice.

The rest of the group is made of:

-A cure-focused oracle

-A druid without animal companion but with the earth domain

-An inquisitor focused on a bow-build (sort of a glass cannon, except for the fact that is not yet a cannon, since we are at low levels)

-A "lawful stupid" paladin with 8 in int and 7 in wis who basically charge everthing evil or supposed to be evil (sigh) :)

Strange, I've never seen a PC party (ever) entirely made up of divine casters, without an arcane caster.

Truth tell, I've never seen a PC party with more than 2 divine casters (paladin and other divine caster) - not that there's anything wrong with that, but such leads to extreme lack of versatility. I don't think I could get my players to play more than 2 in a campaign (we usually only have 1).

Remove ads