• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Us Kill Morrus - Just updated 23/03/05

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Ashen-Shugar said:
Don't know if i missed that being mentioned, but would this block Telepathy spell help to free the archer of the Queen's control?

Edit:
Forget about it. Bad idea. Both are in this Non Magic Field. ... Dilemma!:uhoh:

Actually I don't think the coward, I mean archer, is in the anti-magic field but I think the effect is psionic so it doesn't matter anyway.

Btw, welcome to the boards.

Darmanicus

Toras said:
Back again with a few more off the wall tactics.
-Using the Dead Gith as a shield. Telekinesis or Brute Force, but get that body to where it can do some good. If he gets to cut up, just chuck it at them and knock them down.
-Living Gith (including Queen) as Improvisational Weapons. Hows the fighter's or paladins strength? If he can lift them feel to use them to bludgeon their comrades, doing damage to both them and the comrade.
-Eyes and Hands. They are needed to cast, fight, and target most psi abilities. Therefore your opponents shouldn't have them. Remove or disable them at the first opportunity.
-Portal Spaces = Bad Guy Storage. It worked to get you in. At worst they panic and tear the bag, scatter themselves on the astral/what ever plan you need.
-Disarming/Sundering. Toast those pikes and you should be able to take the advantage on the toad boys.
-Fold, Spindle and Mutiliate. Gith probably aren't good in a clench, so grappling them and asking if you can start making break checks against the hardness of their skeletal structure might be something to try.
-Alchemist fire or Acid. May not seem like alot of damage, but if you can force them to ingest it, apply it directly to an eye socket, or pour it in an ear.... Well I'll leave that to your imagination.

And remember if you can't pull it off, well, fight well and hope she's taking prisoners.

Some nice points there Toras......

I'd love to use the Lich Queen as an undead improvised maul, that would be REALLY funny. If I ever manage to get anywhere near her I'll give it a go. ;)

Sundering sounds like a great idea, even though I haven't got the Improved Sunder feat it shouldn't matter because they can't AoO with their pikes as they're too close, (he seems to be forgetting/ignoring their natural attacks.......maybe they had manicures!). I've also got a special sundering ability that grants 2d6 extra damage vs evil items! :cool:

Specific damage to body parts he generally doesn't allow so no eye gouging, groinal gardening or amputation I'm afraid. :(

Ashen-Shugar

First Post
Darmanicus said:
Btw, welcome to the boards.

Lurking at this place since way back, finally got around to create an account. :lol:

Well, i still wonder where this DANG Antimagic Field is coming from. Is that known? If yes, someone could take care of the Queen and free the Archer in one go. Also, controlling the Archer, is there something else the Queen can do at the same time or is this requiring her full Attention?

Darmanicus

Ashen-Shugar said:
Lurking at this place since way back, finally got around to create an account. :lol:

Well, i still wonder where this DANG Antimagic Field is coming from. Is that known? If yes, someone could take care of the Queen and free the Archer in one go. Also, controlling the Archer, is there something else the Queen can do at the same time or is this requiring her full Attention?

I think the anti-magic is being generated by her throne, (actually that's a wild guess, it could be anything).

Queenie doesn't seem to have any problems with laying the smackdown on us whilst controlling ranger boy so it looks like we'll have to kill him, (he's got this lovely holy bow, much better than mine). ;)

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Darmanicus said:
We did sort of mention that but lacked any conviction when Morrus turned around and argued that they weren't, (we didn't check the book, DOH, either).

I'm sure we could put up another one though! :cool:

It is not necessarily a small thing because the King/Queen could easily be burning lots of power points on effects that will fail for lack of a target. Like Telekinesis. (Granted opponents of this power level could easily be able to See Invisible, but it is not a given that any particular opponent will.)

If the Sorceror is not in immediate danger, he should Ready to erect a protective Wall of Force when the King attempts to manifest a power. Almost any attack spell but a Disintegrate will be effectively disrupted. The King will follow up with a Disintegrate, but that is two effects killed for one spell. It may slow the Queen & archer down, too.

I think you badly need a Web or Sleet Storm to block line of sight and allow you to regroup. Even an Obscuring Mist can help.

Psionics and Magic being different is a two edged sword. Make it work for you! The Psionicists may have real trouble removing even minor magical effects.

Last edited:

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Ridley's Cohort said:
Psionics and Magic being different is a two edged sword. Make it work for you! The Psionicists may have real trouble removing even minor magical effects.

True. But the Slaad has disintegrate, and can probably nuke any spells we cast. Add to that Morrus pointed out that any epic immortal psionicist would probably have researched a power to dispel magical effects. We've not had the time to consider it.

And the bad news is that Morrus can't run part 2 of the fight tonight. So we're going to have to put our impending massacre on hold for the time being.

the Jester

Legend
Eccles said:
And the bad news is that Morrus can't run part 2 of the fight tonight. So we're going to have to put our impending massacre on hold for the time being.

Now that's frustrating- I was looking forward to reading all about it after work. :p :lol:

Good luck to you when the time comes, though!

RandomPrecision

First Post
Have you considered allowing the rest of the party to be dominated by the Lich Queen? If there is some conflict between the Slaad King and the Gith Queen, I bet that would really tick off the slaad. I mean, you all are fairly high level, so the queen might not dispose of you immediately. If she turns on the king, he might even free you, and then you'll be able to play on their conflict.

A bit pessimistic, but it would be interesting. I don't think normal surrendering (feigned or actual) will work - the lich should know that a paladin wouldn't surrender to her.

Otherwise, I like the idea of closing in beyond the pike range and sundering the vile-damage-dealing weapons. Maybe even see how the gith like it, if anyone can use polearms. It sounds like you'd be able to reach through those walls with weapons like that too, and if whoever was on the other side didn't like it, they might have to come through the walls.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
It's a real shame. The suspense is killing me!

Random precision. I like it. It's a pity she didn't manage to dominate Eccles - our fine cleric (and she tried) - he could have dominated the rest of us under guise of healing.

Remove ads