D&D 5E Help with Divine Intervention ideas!

Fanaelialae

Legend
Perhaps the cleric receives a vision that shows them the safest path (albeit not perfectly safe) to where they are going, as well as the dangers they might encounter along the way. Assuming they follow the safe path, you could reduce the odds of a random encounter occurring.

jgsugden

Legend
This a dwarf god. "Bah! Bothering me over a bad boat ride and some lizards? Me Boy needs to get gack to his roots! Let's open up the ground and swallow those folks up to a nice, safe Underdark city."

Satyrn

First Post
This a dwarf god. "Bah! Bothering me over a bad boat ride and some lizards? Me Boy needs to get gack to his roots! Let's open up the ground and swallow those folks up to a nice, safe Underdark city."

While funny, this would inspire me.

I wouldn't have the ground actually swallow them up, but rather have a light shine upon (or from) a cave entrance that leads to a "village" of friendly dwarven natives who will readily provision the party for the journey, or provide a sort of homebase for some quests in this area. On top of this, they can be used as the DM's mouth to provide setting info to the players.

SunGold

First Post
Was food scarcity going to be an element of this adventure? (Especially considering how many NPC pals they have to feed.) Or tropical diseases? If so, perhaps use the DI to wipe those concerns. When they wake up in the morning, the air is sweet with the smell of now-abundant fruits on the trees, and fish practically ask to be caught. There's no danger of disease, the weather is always balmy and pleasant, etc. They'll still have to fight dinosaurs, but they'll get to do it in paradise. :p

Satyrn

First Post
Was food scarcity going to be an element of this adventure? (Especially considering how many NPC pals they have to feed.) Or tropical diseases? If so, perhaps use the DI to wipe those concerns. When they wake up in the morning, the air is sweet with the smell of now-abundant fruits on the trees, and fish practically ask to be caught. There's no danger of disease, the weather is always balmy and pleasant, etc. They'll still have to fight dinosaurs, but they'll get to do it in paradise. :p

That was a thought I'd had, too, but I couldn't think of how to word it.

randrak

First Post
I like the idea of making the environment more friendly...but the cleric can create food and water with ease and can mostly cure illnesses.

Oofta

Legend
Since this is a dwarven cleric, you could go a few ways

The Forge
A magical forge and supplies appear. The cleric, possessed by the spirit of his deity fotges weapon(s) and/or armor throughout the night. Next morning the forge disappears but the item(s) remains and the cleric feels refreshed. Some magical item has been created, or armor and weapons have been created for the crew.

Mead of the Gods
The cleric is gifted with a magical tankard that grants him some minor ability. So as a standard action he gets advantage on his next attack, or his next spell is maximized and so on.

Feast of the Gods
As in a free Heroes feast, or an enhanced version.

Sight of the Gods
The cleric is whisked high above the earth and given visions of what dangers there are and what to avoid.

Those are some of the types of things I would do, not knowing what direction you want to take your game or characters. This is an unusual circumstance and a 1 in a 100 roll, so have fun with it!

randrak

First Post
Thank you everyone! I have decided to go with the Heroes Feast idea. They killed a T-Rex and were about to cook it anyway, so I'll turn that into the feast and have it last until they leave the jungle.

A potentially friendly inhabitant(s) of the island heard the fighting and comes to investigate. They would be willing to accompany (or be hired) as a guide.

Remove ads