• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with my rogue...

buchw001

First Post
O.K.

My DM put our party up against some nasty NPCs last night. After an almost deadly battle, my rogue ended up with a magical scimitar.

What I would like is for my rogue to wield the scimitar, but I really hate the -4 penalty for not being proficient with the weapon.

Any suggestions on how I can use this weapon without expending a feat?

Thanks in advance for any advice…

Kerrwyn

First Post
Pick up a level of fighter, barbarian, paladin, or ranger. That's the only way besides getting a feat. I'd go with fighter. You'll get a bonus feat just for it.

buchw001

First Post
Yeah I was thinking of that, but I am a 6th level ELVEN rogue so I would have to take -20% experience and I was kinda of hoping to avoid that as well...

Also, my character is VERY roguish, so other classes would not really soot his past.

However, his religion is less that stable, so how about choosing a diety that might grant him the proficiency?

(Is this possible?)

Just a thought any others...

Chun-tzu

First Post
You could try to get into a prestige class that gives proficiency in martial weapons. The Dread Pirate, Dungeon Delver, Outlaw of the Crimson Road, Spymaster, and Vigilante are all rogue PrCs from Song & Silence that gain martial weapon proficiencies.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Take the scimitar and a lot of money to a wizard with the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat, and get him to add the "Proficient" special ability to it.

Arms and Equipment Guide, +2 Market Price Modifier.

-Hyp.

Malicene

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Take the scimitar and a lot of money to a wizard with the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat, and get him to add the "Proficient" special ability to it.

Arms and Equipment Guide, +2 Market Price Modifier.

-Hyp.

Or just do the same , but exchange your +X scimtar for +X short sword !! (with a little Jink you should achieve to do it)

Malicene

First Post
Another is taking an Aristocrat level ! (as a rule we never count xp penalty when a PC takes an NPC class level : we count it as a prestige class !)

But perhaps your Elven Rogue don't have any Aristocrat blood :) :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads