• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Romance

Sandain

Explorer
Thanks everyone, I kind-of got let off the hook because we spent the day shopping and then went to a friends for dinner. She has not mentioned anything - but im gonna surprise her with a combination of all your suggestions.

She LOVES pesto - she puts it in everything. Would that pasta be ok with Scallops in it? And what is bowtie past? does it have a different name?

Thankyou

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Sandain said:
Thanks everyone, I kind-of got let off the hook because we spent the day shopping and then went to a friends for dinner. She has not mentioned anything - but im gonna surprise her with a combination of all your suggestions.

She LOVES pesto - she puts it in everything. Would that pasta be ok with Scallops in it? And what is bowtie past? does it have a different name?

Thankyou

Bowtie Pasta is also called Farfalle (which I am told is italian for butterfly). It is generally considered a "go with anything" pasta.

Link

Balgus

First Post
Sandain said:

Thankyou
Off the hook? MAn! and here we are busting our chops to comeup with these great ideas.... JK

I had a vegetarian roommate a few years back and he introduced me to Pesto and Brie Pizza. Probably one of the best non-meat pizza combos ever. And its also funt o prepare- if you want to go out and buy Boboli pizza crust and bake for about 5 min.

Scallops go well with anything- almost. It is best to pan sear them - turn the fire up real high, and let the oil get hot. Then gently place the scallops in and let it sear (the sizzling noise) for about 25 seconds. Turn themover and let cook for 30 seconds. Take them out and the flavor should be subtle, but dangit are they good.

Hope everythingturns out- but it looks like they already have.

Sandain

Explorer
I ended up cooking her a candle-lit dinner which she liked. I used random thigns i found in the pantry and fridge and somehow made something edible.

Tonight she is dropping some more hints about doing something romantic - she wants to see a movie starring Antonio banderes as a ballroom dance teacher :/

morrolan

First Post
Sandain said:
... jealous cow-orkers)

What ever you do, do not inadvertantly call her a "cow-ork". ;)

I won't add much to the given advice, but my formula boils down to suprise/unexpectedness + you and her time + Something that you thought of independently (or at least can pass off as such).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads