D&D Movie/TV Here Come The D&D Movie Gaming Tie-Ins!

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie. From ICv2: Playmats...

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie.

From ICv2:

1500x1500_0695a7ea09f95c248a1fa33b298e4ceb41b6813439ee36f24bf86ddc.jpg

Dice Tower (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Dice rolling and storage
  • Holds 40+ standard RPG dice
  • Strong magnetic closure
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.11.37 AM.png

Foldable Dice Tray (MSRP: $24.99)
  • Magnetic corners that close in, out, and upside-down
  • Measures 8.5x11 when flat
  • High quality materials ensure your gaming table is protected
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.16 AM.png

Printed Leatherette Printed Book Folio (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Inside of book folio features spot UV detailing
  • Embroidered red ampersand logo and book name on binding
  • Back cover is secured in a pocket while the front cover is secured with an elastic strap
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.54 AM.png

Character Folio (MSRP: $10.49)
  • 10 single-pocket pages for character sheets & notes
  • Two 9-pocket pages for spell cards
  • Inner pockets in front and back
  • Sticker sheet for enhanced organization
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.14.02 AM.png

Playmats (MSRP: $21.99)
  • Soft fabric top helps protect cards during gameplay
  • Non-slip rubber backing keeps the playmats shifting during use
  • Approximately 12"x13.5" and lies flat
  • Makes an excellent oversize mousepad for your home or office

I was lifting weights this morning with the news on and I stopped mid-rep when the host mentioned "Up later Chris Pine will join us in the studio to talk about his latest movie, Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Rumor has it he brought a lute." It's wild to see it being treated like any other blockbuster being promoted.

Ran across this ad today. Diving a little deeper, there is a set for each of the film's characters.

View attachment 280270

Pretty cool. With a name like Nyx, that seems an appropriate makeup company to pair with.

Dire Bare

Legend
AMC promo, from DnDBeyond mailer.
I’ll be getting that tomorrow!
🍿
View attachment 280389
Wow! I'd go for that! Sadly, AMC isn't in my area. Hopefully Regal Cinemas will be doing something similar.

EDIT: And AMC's offering a tankard! And a poster! And a map!!! Why are there no AMC theatres in my area!?!?! I just checked out prices on Ebay, and . . . yeesh! I guess for about $150 I can the bucket, tankard, and map . . . .

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Wow! I'd go for that! Sadly, AMC isn't in my area. Hopefully Regal Cinemas will be doing something similar.

EDIT: And AMC's offering a tankard! And a poster! And a map!!! Why are there no AMC theatres in my area!?!?! I just checked out prices on Ebay, and . . . yeesh! I guess for about $150 I can the bucket, tankard, and map . . . .
You don't want AMC, unless you like paying more for the better seats in the theater.

Dire Bare

Legend
You don't want AMC, unless you like paying more for the better seats in the theater.
There is an AMC in my old home town, where my folks still live . . . . and its been a while since I've been there, but they didn't differentiate seat prices. I suspect that's a theatre-by-theatre decision, and one not limited to the AMC chain. Movie theatres are struggling to stay afloat and make money, and they are all trying all sorts of things . . . . sometimes bad ideas like different seat prices. Sometimes good ideas like top-level movie swag!

I found out that AMC has an online merchandise store . . . the popcorn bucket, tankard, map, and poster are not available there yet, but they have a bunch of OTHER D&D movie merch for us to buy! They have a bunch of t-shirts and some mugs and water bottles (meh) but also are selling a prop replica of Simon's "spell dispenser" and a nifty pin set. I ordered the pin set for the Harper pin alone!

I poked around their site a bit, and they ARE offering nifty popcorn buckets for the new Ant-Man movie, Creed, Avatar, Black Panther, Black Adam, and Thor . . . . . so I'm hoping after the weekend they offer the D&D swag also. We'll see. All of their available popcorn buckets are pretty cool, I really dig the Black Adam "light up" bucket, the Black Panther and Thor buckets are pretty cool also.

Remove ads

Remove ads