D&D Movie/TV Here Come The D&D Movie Gaming Tie-Ins!

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie. From ICv2: Playmats...

While there has been no mention of any official sourcebook or adve nture which ties in to Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves, with less than two months to go some news of licensed products have started to emerge. Of course, there will always be Funkopops and dolls and other merchandise, but Ultra PRO has announced some gaming accessories based on the movie.

From ICv2:

1500x1500_0695a7ea09f95c248a1fa33b298e4ceb41b6813439ee36f24bf86ddc.jpg

Dice Tower (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Dice rolling and storage
  • Holds 40+ standard RPG dice
  • Strong magnetic closure
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.11.37 AM.png

Foldable Dice Tray (MSRP: $24.99)
  • Magnetic corners that close in, out, and upside-down
  • Measures 8.5x11 when flat
  • High quality materials ensure your gaming table is protected
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.16 AM.png

Printed Leatherette Printed Book Folio (MSRP: $49.49)
  • Inside of book folio features spot UV detailing
  • Embroidered red ampersand logo and book name on binding
  • Back cover is secured in a pocket while the front cover is secured with an elastic strap
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.12.54 AM.png

Character Folio (MSRP: $10.49)
  • 10 single-pocket pages for character sheets & notes
  • Two 9-pocket pages for spell cards
  • Inner pockets in front and back
  • Sticker sheet for enhanced organization
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 11.14.02 AM.png

Playmats (MSRP: $21.99)
  • Soft fabric top helps protect cards during gameplay
  • Non-slip rubber backing keeps the playmats shifting during use
  • Approximately 12"x13.5" and lies flat
  • Makes an excellent oversize mousepad for your home or office

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
It is merchandising, but not totally linked with the movie. Nice pictures. I don't rebember that artist. Is it fan-art?

I am surprised Hasbro didn't want to sell more toys. It is as if they wanted to await until to sell toys without links with the movie to not pay royalties to the actors.
They have action figures based on the movie. Gave one to each of the actors even. There's a Gelatinous Cube, owlbears, mimics, etc. They have Honor Among Thieves Monopoly, Funko Pops, Dicelings, the original cartoon characters re-released as action figures, Nerf guns branded after the dragons from the film, and so much more.

Hasbro's merch support for this movie has been similar to what many franchises are at movie 3. And it's all selling, well.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Walmart marketing is strange too. On my side of town no D&D movie merch. On the other side, various merch.
I did not expect D&D swag at Costplus World Market this weekend. It was just a D20 tin of candies, but still, I'm used to Costplus being the latter-day Pier 1, and not my go-to for D&D swag. The Barnes & Noble two doors down was neck-deep in D&D stuff as well, including a ton of third party battle maps and dice.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
$38 for a Champion t-shirt that isn't even movie branded. Ooof.
Champion stuff tends to last for decades, in my experience. So if one likes the designs (they're not my thing, personally), this is the opposite of fast fashion.

To quote the late great Sir Terry:
Men at Arms said:
The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money. Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles. But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. This was the Captain Samuel Vimes "Boots" theory of socioeconomic unfairness.
EDIT: And in my own life, the most expensive pair of shoes I ever bought -- $120 for a pair made by people who left Dr. Martens because they opposed them no longer doing everything by hand -- I bought in 1998 and, other than needing to take them in to get some of the color touched up, they're still in fantastic shape today, including the soles.

Vimes and Pratchett had this one 100% right.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Doing some necro on this thread to ask: What happened with this? Did it ever come out? I can't find anything about it online after a cursory Googling, not a list of contents or an unboxing video or anything. Even the item page on the company website comes up as a 404 Error.
I'm guessing they killed it when the movie didn't blow up the way they wanted it to.

Remove ads

Remove ads