D&D 5E Here's Tasha's Contents Page

IGN has posted the contents page from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, along with a slew of art. They also spoke to WotC, who commented on some of the DM tools -- "The DM Tools chapter also includes rules and suggestions for what are being called "Supernatural Regions." These otherworldly locations include (among others) haunted realms where restless spirits wander freely, the Lovecraftian...

IGN has posted the contents page from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, along with a slew of art.

Tashas-Cauldron-of-Everything_ToC_WM-720x949.jpg

They also spoke to WotC, who commented on some of the DM tools -- "The DM Tools chapter also includes rules and suggestions for what are being called "Supernatural Regions." These otherworldly locations include (among others) haunted realms where restless spirits wander freely, the Lovecraftian nightmare of a world beyond the known sphere of existence, or a delightfully horrifying colony of mimics." The Far Realm, which is outside the Great Wheel, is where beholders and illithids come from. They also note that there weren't many Unearthed Arcana subclasses which didn't make it into this book.

Tasha's Cauldron of Everything comes out on November 17th in America, and December 1st in Europe, Asia, and Pacific countries.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Sure thing bud. Problem with that hypothesis of yours is that there is no setting where the far realm mindflayers and so on deeply woven into anything but plot armor surrounding isolated adventures let alone lore except for the one where dolgaunts mindflayers beholders and so on were created by the daelkyr.

Meta settings like spelljammer and planescape with the hubris to claim their lore applies to other settings van suck it up and pay the price for that by accepting that they need to themselves fit other settings not the other way around.

Mindflayers seem to be heavily tied into Forgotten Realms Mind flayer

And got a lot in Greyhawk Illithid - Greyhawk Wiki

I'll even throw a major Mind Flayer city from Greyhawk in the mix Greyhawk Cities - Zulpar (Underdark) - Tribality

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
What would you prefer it to be listed as? I'm fine with it as it is, it allows DMs to know that this is an option.
A simple bit of advice to the DM. Not a rule where the players can switch subclasses like they change their underwear. More often, really. They're out adventuring for ages with no changes of underwear.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
A simple bit of advice to the DM. Not a rule where the players can switch subclasses like they change their underwear. More often, really. They're out adventuring for ages with no changes of underwear.
I think you're overexaggerating what this rule is going to do. From what I've heard about it from leaks and interviews with JC, they made this sound like a rare thing, an optional rule completely dependent on the campaign and DM, that could even have costs and quests in order to change it.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
This is how I'd like to see it. 5e not having any meaningful gates in place for muliclass new class+front loaded archetype in that new class makes for a huge mess with "I made this custom item that should have been fine but bob multiclassed into ethreal basket weaving & that combined with his original class makes my item a disaster" is a big mess. Adding "now bob can change one or both of those archetypes between sessions" would just make it worse . a sidebar or even a page with some gm advice where the gm can choose to make exemptions for alice while making it even more restrictive for bob seems like a solid addition

Remove ads

Remove ads