Critical Role Here's The Cover Of The Explorer's Guide to Wildemount; Plus It's #15 In Amazon Bestsellers!

While Amazon may have revealed the title and description of The Explorer's Guide to Wildemount earlier, it had no cover art. Barnes & Noble, on the other hand, has the cover but at the time of writing no title or description. Here it is!

9780786966912_p0_v2_s600x595.jpg

The official announcement should be coming later today. In the meantime, the book - which has not yet been announced! - is already #15 in the bestsellers chart for all books on Amazon, based only on pre-orders. That's pretty astonishing for a book which 'officially' doesn't even exist yet (although the announcement is expected later today).

Sales Rank.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well I’ll say it again. Get your Tal’dorei book before there all sold out.

Yeah, it actually shot up in sales recently: probably because of this books announcement. It was outselling most Pathfinder content, but was well down the list, now it's #13 in Fantasy Gaming sales, while the new book is #1.

MarkB

Legend
Fair enough. That having been said, how many of those pre-order colors are going to be opened once and then sit on a shelf never to be opened again. I've a ton of product spanning multiple different RPGs going back to the early 80s. 95% of it was bought on a whim and never used. more if it was returned (back when you actually had to go to a store with the receipt to return it).
So, you've gone from saying that the CR audience only watches because it's free and would never spend their money, to saying that they spend their money frivolously on products they'll never use?

Pick a position.

I'm betting not. We already know that not every player buys more than the core. We know that viewers are a percentage of players (and sooner of them don't play at all). Other than as a money grab, this book isn't serving the entire potential player base and potentially alienating grognards from all editions...
Grognards are alienated by definition. And a book doesn't have to serve the entire player base in order to be popular and useful.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Fair enough. That having been said, how many of those pre-order colors are going to be opened once and then sit on a shelf never to be opened again. I've a ton of product spanning multiple different RPGs going back to the early 80s. 95% of it was bought on a whim and never used. more if it was returned (back when you actually had to go to a store with the receipt to return it).
Irrelevant, now you're just grasping at straws in an effort to validate your argument.

It matters not to WotC whether the product is used, just that it's purchased.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases