D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Which never existed, either, to be fair: color and flair was big in Medieval times, as was hygiene. And glasses.
Its always been bemusing to me that life after the industrial revolution got worse for the peasantry with increased water contaminatiin, open sewers and squalid urban living conditions. Of course the enclosure acts and deforestation didnt help

Zardnaar

Legend
Its always been bemusing to me that life after the industrial revolution got worse for the peasantry with increased water contaminatiin, open sewers and squalid urban living conditions. Of course the enclosure acts and deforestation didnt help

London. 1 million+ people. No sewage system until 1858 iirc.

Healthier in the countryside but I think rural poverty was really bad.

Who wrote that book arguing humanities biggest disaster was settling down?

In most of the world things didn't improve until post WW1 or 2.

Zardnaar

Legend
Beats me why people are nitpicking what the art depicts. Style doesn't do it for me bit to shiny and CGI.

Doesn't scream wizard could be something else buy but doesn't scream not a wizard either.

There's a lot worse in 5E and older editions.

ezo

I cast invisibility
We should use our imagination to determine what the art piece can mean, rather than bag on it just because the artist in question didn't make it to our personal preferences. There are lots of fans with varied tastes to cater to.
But bagging on it is so much more fun! :D

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Which never existed, either, to be fair: color and flair was big in Medieval times, as was hygiene. And glasses.
Hygiene is highly dependent on location in the Middle Ages. For example, there were records of Arabs saying that the Vikings were filthy and didn't wash themselves properly. There are also English records saying that it was easy for the Vikings to seduce the wives/daughters of the Anglo-Saxons because they washed themselves weekly.

Color is also dependent on location, social class, and which colors. The nobility would definitely have more colorful and intricate clothing than the peasantry. And purple, for example, was rare until the 1850s because the only source for it was a rare type of mollusk.

Glasses and other corrective lenses also were not common in the middle ages. They weren't even invented until the late middle ages, and definitely not widespread.

But none of these are a problem for a powerful wizard like the one this art piece is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads