• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hero Forge] Still around?

TheLoneGoldfish

First Post
Lonepaladin seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

I mailed everyone at lorekeeper but nobody replied... and I havn't seein any word from LonePaladin since the Message Boards went down over there (he was talking about a new version before that though)

Feaelin

First Post
Me too, I've wondered what happened to Lone Paladin. I've spent some time searching for him on the web (looking for his real name and handle) but I've not turned up anything but now-defunct links to the lorekeeper site.

We've (my group(s)) continued our own improvements to Heroforge, so we're not in dire straits, but I was looking forward to his new version. :)

Kaji

First Post
I had the same experience, I e-mailed every name I could dig up at the web page and looked around and found nothing. A friend of mine did just recently send me an updated adaptation of HeroForge with quite a few..."adjustments" that we are all really pleased with. Hey Feaelin, you say your group has been making changes to the original. Would you be willing to send me a copy so I can compare with the one we've got? I'd be happy to trade with you for the learning potential...

gnomemaniac66@yahoo.com

Feaelin

First Post
You should have my message in your inbox now. :)

It's always fun looking at other adaptations. I see lots of things that I'd like to add to ours, in my ample spare time. ;)

Airwolf

First Post
Greetings,

Shannon Greene is now updating the Hero Forge spread sheet (or at least the updated versions can be found at Shannon's site).

The new guy didn't put any 'about' page in the new spreadsheet so it took me a while to find the page again.

Now that I have found the link I will pass it along.

Hero Forge Site

I have been using this updated version for a while and it is wonderful. There are a few little ( and I mean little) bugs. The updates come much faster then they used to so the bugs ususally get fixed quickly.

Enjoy!

Feaelin

First Post
I've looked at that one. :). It has some features the one we used doesn't, but we've added too many things we wanted for us to switch from ours. There are a couple of other versions floating around the web, if you search. :)

Feaelin

mikey6990

First Post
Has anyone developed stat block output for HeroForge? I think I should be able to take the fields off of the character sheet and format a stat block, but my excel skills are very lacking and I though I would ask.

Thanks,

Mike

Feaelin

First Post
The one that Airwolf mentioned I believe does generate a stat block for you.

Follow the link he gave in his message above. :)

Sir Whiskers

First Post
Mikey, if you have version 0.99 of Hero Forge, the stat block is generated in a hidden worksheet. To unhide it:

*Select "Format"
*Select "Sheet"
*Select "Unhide"
*Select the worksheet you wish to unhide

The last I read from Lone Paladin, he was considering a new version, but was hearing from WOTC that character creation programs violate their copyrights. I believe WOTC's position is that you can't create characters without coding the rules for character creation, which cannot be reprinted without their express permission - kind of a catch-22 for those of us who want to use something other than the PH character generator or E-Tools. Oh well...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads