• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hero Forge] Still around?

Fast Learner

First Post
Sir Whiskers said:
The last I read from Lone Paladin, he was considering a new version, but was hearing from WOTC that character creation programs violate their copyrights. I believe WOTC's position is that you can't create characters without coding the rules for character creation, which cannot be reprinted without their express permission - kind of a catch-22 for those of us who want to use something other than the PH character generator or E-Tools. Oh well...
See many recent threads here describing how you can write a character generation program that WOTC is ok with. Essentially it involves having the rules the application uses be human-readable as a fairly plain text and script file that the application actually interprets (such that a change to the file will change the way the application calculates the character). Suffice it to say, though, that this would be much more of a hassle in a spreadsheet than in a full-blown application (where it's already a huge hassle).

Troll-Hunter

First Post
Magic Item Sheet

Airwolf, thank you for the link to the latest version.

One thing I still find lacking is a sheet to enter your non-weapon/armor magic items. I started working on this myself, though I am a bit rusty in Excel. Anyway I have created a sheet with entries for slotted and non-slotted magic items. Each magic item entry has a column for different attibutes, i.e. AC (armor, natural, divine, haste, etc.), Save (Ref, Will, Fort, All, Special), Skill - ranks..., ability scores (str, dex, con, int, wis, char) and so on. I realize now that I should go back and expand this to include all the possible bonus types for each attribute. This would make it easier to check for non-stacking bonus types. After that I will have to create the formula links into the other pages so that the magic item bonuses show up in the final character sheet.

I was wondiering if someone has already done this.

After that I was looking at creating a equpment list sheet with the weights of all the normal adventuring items. So that when you type in "backpack" a lookup formula in the weight column automatically pulls up the right weight for the backpack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads