• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc. Day 3+, Voyage to Sarkon

DM_Matt

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
"Arundel?

"Murdoch, think you can get a closer look?"
[/COLOR]"

Aerial surveilance reveals:

In the hills towards the other side, a couple miles away, is a large village, or rather, the rubble thereof. An armed force wearing lots of red and lots of ornamental chains is seemingly forcing the survivors to line up and/or load things into carts. Also there are animated chains apaprently, and a few creatures seemingly covered with animated chans. There seem to be smaller scale versions of this on other places.

At the explosion site is a ring of tall stones, probably enchanted druids stones, whose fronts have been blown off by the explosions.

On the other side of the island is a ship, in a small harbor, with a camp on the beach. The ship is enormous and also covered in metal, including iron plating on its sides. It have numberous cannons, oars as well as three masts, and again, lots of metal riggings and chains around.

Kiran comments: "Sounds like Riana's Reavers. Riana is an Erinys pirate who stole a Stygian Ironclad on Acheron and brought it to the prime. Her crew are supposedly her children, but their releltively limited age range and the need to constantly replace them seem to prclude that. They could number as manay as 200. Still, they are all half-fiendish and call each other brother and sister. That ship is too strong and its weapons too numerous to fight directly with this craft."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
DM_Matt said:
The ship is enormous and also covered in metal, including iron plating on its sides. It have numberous cannons, oars as well as three masts, and again, lots of metal riggings and chains around.

OOC: Approximate dimensions - length, width, height of hull, height of mast? Doesn't need to be too exact, but ar we talking fifty feet, two hundred feet, five hundred feet? /OOC

kirinke said:
"Should we help?" Alethia asked quietly, the turmoil clear in her voice.

"We should help," Fin agrees. "But like the Commander says, we're not equipped for a naval duel. If we're going to help these people, we should leave the ship somewhere out of sight and go cross-country. And if we're thinking about taking on a couple of hundred fiendish pirates, I for one want a day to prepare!"

OOC: Waukeentide is Springish, right? /OOC

"I think I can arrange matters so that the Reavers are disinclined to set sail today. Commander - do you know the Rope Trick? If we had a secure hidey-hole on the island while you and the captain get the ship out of the immediate area, it would simplify matters immensely."

kirinke

First Post
Alethia grinned ferally. "Last night when I prayed, Selune granted me the spells of Dismissal and death ward. If I can get close to her, I might be able to force the demon back to the Abyss."

Don't count on it. But if it works, the expression on her face twill be priceless. the voice whispered in her head, almost gleefully.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
OOC: Approximate dimensions - length, width, height of hull, height of mast? Doesn't need to be too exact, but ar we talking fifty feet, two hundred feet, five hundred feet? /OOC

Well over 100, but less than 200. The ship itself is a good thirty feet tall, with masts another fourty. The ship is immense.

Hypersmurf said:
OOC: Waukeentide is Springish, right? /OOC

Yes.

Hypersmurf said:
"I think I can arrange matters so that the Reavers are disinclined to set sail today. Commander - do you know the Rope Trick? If we had a secure hidey-hole on the island while you and the captain get the ship out of the immediate area, it would simplify matters immensely."

"I do know the rope trick, but there is no way I'm letting you have all the fun. Riana and her ship are among the biggest things a naval officer could ever catch. Besides, I have to make sure you take that ship intact. I MUST take it apart! Its a ship from the lower planes that has traveled far and wide being augmented by its daring, mighty, obscure-treeasure-hunting crew! Who knows what we might be able to take from it! Or even duplicate! Nemor and my men can keep the ship at a distance while we take care of those pesky little obstacles toward taking that ship."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
DM_Matt said:
"I do know the rope trick, but there is no way I'm letting you have all the fun. Riana and her ship are among the biggest things a naval officer could ever catch. Besides, I have to make sure you take that ship intact. I MUST take it apart! Its a ship from the lower planes that has traveled far and wide being augmented by its daring, mighty, obscure-treeasure-hunting crew! Who knows what we might be able to take from it! Or even duplicate! Nemor and my men can keep the ship at a distance while we take care of those pesky little obstacles toward taking that ship."

"Intaaaa-act," Fin repeats slowly. "... right. Intact. Subject to the requirements of the tactical situation, of course."

"Give some thought to the tricks you've got available, people... remember, fiends and their ilk are notoriously resistant to energy attacks."

frostrune

First Post
"So are we going ashore then?", Timrin interupts, "If so, maybe I should put on my heavy armor? This will be an excellent opportunity to test out Zura's Bane"

Assuming the affirmative, he says the following before going below decks to change...

"When giving some thought to your spells, please consider your comrades as well. If these creatures are resistant to most energy there is a strong chance they will use it against us without fear of hurting each other. We are heavily out-numbered here. Any precautions we can take that will prevent or reduce damage should be considered."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
frostrune said:
"So are we going ashore then?", Timrin interupts.

"I can't speak for everyone," Fin replies. "But could you sail past the oppression of the helpless today, and face the Watcher with clear conscience in your prayers tomorrow?"

Falkus

Explorer
"I know that if they're slavers, which it looks like they are, then I couldn't go to sleep well if I didn't take the opportunity to gut them and hang them by their own small intestine," Dyria said cheerfully. "Could somebody give me a hand with my armor?"

kirinke

First Post
Alethia grinned at the semi-psychotic fighter. "Sure," she moves over and helps Dyria, having already shrugged into her own lightweight elvish chain earlier while dressing. "What do you need help with?" she asked. "Outside of me bashing those things heads in like an over-ripe mellon with my mace, I mean." she said, indicating the pirate ship.

I know one thing. I'm going to do my best to sink that ship. Kiran is well meaning enough, but she's inexperienced in the ways of demons and other creatures of darkness. There is no way anything good can come from a hell-forged ship. she thought grimly.

Aye. And no telling what booby traps Riana installed in that thing. Eyries have a nasty sense of humor. Especially when it comes to mortals. the voice whispered wryly in her head.

She agreed with it.

Remove ads