• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc. Day 3+, Voyage to Sarkon

kirinke

First Post
She had her own run-in's with slavers over the years and heard the horror stories, even treated a few survivors. The injuries told what the prisoners would not or could not tell. "I understand." she said quietly, all jocularity gone, her expression telling what she could not.

"I've had my own share of pain Dyria." she said. "My parents were murdered by Shar cultists and I was slotted to be their next sacrifice. When I was found, the cultists had already been slain. Only I survived. I don't remember the details and nothing so far has been able to bring that memory back."

Her voice was full of icy anger and grief at the memories those simple statements conjure. With a visible effort, she pushed the memories away. They had no bearing on the situation at hand and would only drag her down to the level of her enemies, if she let them. You get the feeling that even in the worst situations, the priestess rarely looses control of herself. If she did loose it completely, there wouldn't be much left standing of the poor sod who pissed her off.

She finished helping Dyria get into the armour and smiled sardonically. "I understand your pain and anger quite well. When this is done we'll drink to the demise of our enemies and celebrate the memories of our loved ones safe in the hands of their gods."

Be glad that you do not remember. the voice whispered.

This time, she didn't quite agree with it.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Not sure. Alethia is going to use Celestial Brilliance to good effect. By the way, how long will it last? I agree 1 day per level is perhaps too powerful. But perhaps one day period would be about right. She plans on asking Kiran or Murdock if they know non-detection or something similar. Under that cover (keeps others from scrying) she'll cast Celestial Brilliance on Timrin's new sword. That way, when he does draw it, our demonic friends will be quite surprised. :]

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
ooc:
Not sure. Alethia is going to use Celestial Brilliance to good effect. By the way, how long will it last? I agree 1 day per level is perhaps too powerful. But perhaps one day period would be about right. She plans on asking Kiran or Murdock if they know non-detection or something similar. Under that cover (keeps others from scrying) she'll cast Celestial Brilliance on Timrin's new sword. That way, when he does draw it, our demonic friends will be quite surprised. :]

I'm leaning towards 1hour/level. Whatever it is, it will be more than sufficient for this particular incident.

frostrune

First Post
DM_Matt said:
(So wahts the plan...)

OOC: Sounds like we pile into a life boat or dinghy and make for the beach on the opposite side of the island from the pirates, probably while it is still dark. We hide the boat and find a good place to hole up and rest (Rope trick). Everybody prepares their new spells. We make a plan and attack the camp.

A little vague but that at least gets us to the island. Anyone have some better ideas?

kirinke

First Post
ooc
Fine by me. Those pirate guys are probably well aware of the ship by now. Especially if they're as paranoid as demons are supposed to be. ;) What I would do is have Kiran (if she can) cast non-detection on the boat or us so we can get to the island without being seen. Better yet, have a couple of conflicting illusions set up, so they won't know exactly what's going on in addition to the non-detection. If Murdoch can cast those illusion spells that might be helpful too. I don't know exactly what sort of magical back-up we have outside of the clerics. Will Kiran be going with us or staying behind?

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
ooc
Fine by me. Those pirate guys are probably well aware of the ship by now. Especially if they're as paranoid as demons are supposed to be. ;) What I would do is have Kiran (if she can) cast non-detection on the boat or us so we can get to the island without being seen. Better yet, have a couple of conflicting illusions set up, so they won't know exactly what's going on in addition to the non-detection. If Murdoch can cast those illusion spells that might be helpful too. I don't know exactly what sort of magical back-up we have outside of the clerics. Will Kiran be going with us or staying behind?

You are not so sure that they are aware. Kiran DOES have some anti-scrying coutermeasures going and you havent detected anything or seen any fliers.

DM_Matt

First Post
You guys do as you have described without any trouble. It does not appear that the pirates are patrolling extensively. You are able to establish a rope trick hole hidden among some tree branches on the side of the hills away from the enemy camp. Over night, you see no one.

kirinke

First Post
Alethia prays quietly, hoping that Selune would grant her a spell that would protect her friends and harm those demons. As she prayed, knowledge filled her mind and silvery white radience wrapped around her in a gentle blanket. In her prayers, she thought she heard an amused, musical chuckle. When her prayers were concluded, she gave her heartfelt thanks and stretched out, smiling a little as she fell asleep, knowing that her prayers had been answered in a rather unique way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads