log in or register to remove this ad

 

HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok is more than a little annoyed with that old giant throwing a javelin at him. "If I ever see that giant again he will meet the end of my falchion."

Thallok then follows Lathir/orc down the hallway to find the rest of their friends.

GM:
As per our chat discussion, you will end up in Square #21-U
 
Last edited by a moderator:

log in or register to remove this ad

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hill Giants In Chaos!

Thallok rushes out of the Feast Hall, into the Eastern Hallway, and rounds the corner to see that he will soon get the chance to fulfill his vow, as it seems that the Stone Giant Elders have not fled as far away as he had initially thought!

Hill Giant #19 continues to bleed out.

GM: Hill Giant #19 [-9, Dying]


Hill Giant #9, who is in extreme pain, shouts out, to the party: "Lütfen! Kurtar beni! Eğer ağabeyimi ve ben yedeklerseniz, size tüm Nosnra'nın sırlarını anlatacağız! Lüüüüüüüütfen! Ölmemize izin verme!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant] "Please! Save me! If you spare my brother and I, we will tell you all of Nosnra's secrets! Pleeeeaaasse! Don't let us die!"[/sblock]

Hill Giants #9, and #18 continue to lay flat on their stomachs.

Hill Giant #15, seeing his friend die by Dewydd's hand, and eyeing his whining comrades with disgust, rallies, and reaches over to pick up the sword that #14 dropped!

GM:
Giant's Base AC: 23
Kneeling: AC 21
Dewydd's Attack Roll: (23) = Hit
Damage: 16 pts.
Hill Giant #15 has taken a total of 107 pts. of damage. Hill Giant #15 goes down!


As the Giant tries to stand, Dewydd crowds him, stabbing him in the neck as he tries to rise; the Giant is too weak from his numerous wounds to evade the blow, and it strikes true, ripping the flesh of his carotid artery! He drops the sword that he just picked up, as he clutches his throat, and collapses back onto the table, where he begins to bleed out!

GM: Hill Giant #15 [-5, Dying]


Hill Giant #12 runs along the length of his table, passing over his surrendered comrade (#13) moving toward #15, and after moving a distance of 20 feet, he leaps into the air, launching himself southeastward, hoping to land on the bottom lip of the fire pit.

GM:
Giant has 20 ft. running start.
Giant needs to clear a 20 ft. distance.
Base speed 40'; Banded mail brings it down to 30' (so, no speed modifier)
Jump Check DC: 20
Jump Check: (22) Success!


The Giant succeeds in his attempt, although his purpose remains unclear.

Hill Giants #10 and #13 remain on their respective tables, kneeling, hands behind their heads. The grim reminder of #15's defiance is fresh upon their minds!

Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9h.png


Hill Giants #20 and #21, despite being empty-handed, desperately attack the mysterious someone, in an effort to save their own lives!

GM:
Full-round action: 4 slams (2 per Giant)
Attack #1: 22 (Miss)
Attack #2: 24 (Miss)
Attack #3: 28 (Hit); Damage: 9 pts.
Attack #4: 31 (Hit); Damage: 10 pts.
Someone has taken a total of 65 pts. of damage. Someone is ticked off.


Giant #20 swings wildly, neither of his blows being able to land solidly; however, his attacks cause the mysterious someone to dodge into the oncoming path of his comrade's blows, both of which land with solid THUDS.

Undeterred, the mysterious someone continues his assault!

GM:
Someone is still calling 10 pts. power attack.

Attack #1: (28) Hit; Damage: 24
Attack #2: (45/34) Hit; Damage: 38
Attack #3: (38) Hit; Damage: 20
Attack #4: (41) Hit; Damage: 15 (Giant #20 drops (-10, DEAD), moving on to #21)
Attack #5: (30) Hit; Damage: 20
Attack #6: (30) Hit; Damage: 29 (Giant #21 is SEVERELY WOUNDED, having taken a total of 76 pts. damage.)


Tam and Dewydd, the only two party members close enough to hear the southern battle, hear a gurgling scream of Giantish agony, which ends suddenly, followed by terrified, pitiful screams which do not cease. The sounds of the heavy rain outside drown the cries of anguish before they can reach the ears of the other party members.

Ogre #5, knowing his life depends on it, fights valiantly, bringing his greatsword down on the mysterious someone, and scoring a nasty hit!

GM:
Attack Roll: (26) Hit; Damage: 16 pts. (Someone has taken a total of 81 pts. of damage.)



GM: ELSEWHERE:


Tim roars in anger, when he spots the object of his hatred! He charges Kleborn, but only because he is standing between him and his tasty, Dwarven dinner!

GM:
Tim must make 4 balance checks to charge through the grease. DC 10.
First check: (19): Success!
Second check: (5): Fail
Tim falls prone in squares Q,R 5


The animal, following both its training, and its rage, falls prey to the Grease spell, not being wise enough to realize what it is until it is too late! The bear falls flat on its face, prone, directly in front of Kleborn!

GM: Prone opponent in Melee: -4 AC penalty.


Hill Giant #3 chucks a rock at Dewydd! But he mis-judges the elevation, and the rock sails 2 feet above Dewydd's head!

GM: Attack Roll: (20): Miss.


[sblock=The Great Hallway]
00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b3.png
[/sblock]


VALE: It's your turn! The Dire Bear is prone in front of Kleborn! More Giants have just appeared inside the room! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Someone Else Who's Coming Next Round: 21c
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Attacks Tiny Tim! Bah Humbug!

~ Grrr! ~

Muttering to himself in dwarvish, "Zeit, den Bären zu stechen"

[sblock=For those who read and speak dwarvish] "Time to poke the bear." [/sblock]

Vale moves with purpose, using the haste spell as efficiently as possible. He moves around Kleborn adjacent the fallen bear without entering the greased area, and with two hands, he slams Val into the bear twice, and then moves back around Kleborn toward the east as far as his movement allows. Perhaps that will goad the bear into charging again, opening up an opportunity for Kleborn to put his back into dealing with the bear, or creating another slip and fall.

OOC: Power Attack (-4 for +8 dmg) with the Axe with both hands, w/ Haste: Base attack is 12 with +2 from Haste, +2 from the Axe -4 for Pwr Attk = +12; Attacks are 15 & 14.
Damage = 1d10+9 = 19, 10 = 29 points
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Judgment of the Axe!

GM: DM NOTE: I forgot that Kleborn had a readied attack action available, so I will resolve it as the same time as Vale's attack. I also forgot the bear's barb damage.


The Dungeon Master said:
Once someone is damaged by a barb, the barb remains in them until removed; removing it is a full round action which will cause 1d6+3 pts. of damage to the victim. Whenever someone with a barb moves (even if they move out of the initial area) they will take 1d4+2 pts. of damage per square of movement taken, as the barb continues to gouge them.

GM:
Tim charged 15 ft. He takes 3d4+6 damage from the barb. He was already down by 9 hit pts. Roll = 12 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 21 pts. damage so far.


As the bear slips in the grease, Kleborn smiles, his sword coming down onto the hapless bear with two quick, succinct strokes!

GM:
Bear's Base AC: 17
Prone: AC 13
Charging: AC 11
Attack #1 (Normal, readied action): (31) Hit; Damage: 16 pts.
Attack #2 (Haste action): (23) Hit; Damage: 13 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 50 pts. damage.


The bear roars in agony as Kleborn's mithral blade tears his flesh!

Almost as soon as this has happened, Vale steps around his friend, to deliver two more blows against the downed bear!

Vale said:
"...Vale moves with purpose...He moves around Kleborn adjacent the fallen bear without entering the greased area..."

GM: Since the bear is prone, it does not threaten any squares. Vale can move without provoking attacks of opportunity.



GM:
Attack #1 (See Vale's post above): Hit, 19 pts. Damage.
Attack #2 (See Vale's post above): Hit, 10 pts. Damage.
Tim has taken a total of 79 pts. of damage.


Vale's chops are every bit as impressive as Kleborn's, and the bear is dire trouble, being wounded 4 times in the space of a few seconds! The bear's fur is soaked in blood, as the stone barbs, and the blows from Kleborn and Vale have all taken a serious toll!

Valoran says, in Common: "There, there, Fido! Go to sleep. Good boy!" in a mocking tone!

[sblock=Valoran speaking to Vale, Mentally]~I hate to kill a dumb animal, but I can sense that his mind is warped and twisted, from years of conditioning and cruel treatment. Best to put him out of his misery.~[/sblock]


GM: ELSEWHERE:


The Ogre Sous Chef fights for his life! He snarls in defiance, swinging his meat cleaver wildly, like a rabid animal!

GM:
Attack #1: (18) Miss
Attack #2: (18) Miss


As sharp as the cleaver is, it cannot pierce the tough hide of the unknown foe!

In the kitchen, the remaining 3 Orc Servants fight a desperate battle against the remaining 10 Dire Wolves, fighting furiously with crude, homemade shanks. One Wolf yelps with pain, as one of the Orcs guts him!



GM: In the Great Hallway:


Suddenly, the door that Tam spiked shut slams open, having been kicked from the other side! Two female Giantesses emerge, both wearing servants clothes, carrying enormous rolling pins!

The first Maid through the door points her rolling pin at Travis, and screams in anger!

Maid #1: "Bütün bunlar ne? Evimize girmeye ve erkek milletimize saldırmaya cesaretin var mı? ÖLMEK!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"What's all this? You dare to enter our home, and attack our men-folk? DIE!"[/sblock]

As she says this, her companion, who bears a family resemblance, enters the hallway behind her, and attacks Sylvar!

GM:
Maid #1: Move action to bust the door, move action to enter the hallway.
Maid #2: Move action to reach current position, attack action vs. Sylvar.

Sylvar AC: 19
Haste: +2 (AC 21)
Attack Roll: (29) Hit; Damage: 9 pts.


The Giantess clocks Sylvar across the face with her rolling pin, causing him to spit teeth!
GM: Sylvar has taken a total of 36 pts. of damage so far.


[sblock=Positions of Combatants in The Great Hallway]
00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b4.png
[/sblock]



GM: In the main Feast Hall:


Hill Giant #6 continues to bleed out!

Hill Giant #4 throws a rock at Dewydd!

GM:
Attack #1: 19 + 8 = (27) Miss, just barely... (Dewydd's AC is 34, but a natural 20, which is almost what happened, would have hit.)


Hill Giant #4, like his comrade before him, a few moments ago, mis-judges the elevation, and another rock goes sailing above Dewydd's head!



We are now in ROUND 7! RESPEN: It's Your Turn! There are new threats in the Great Hallway! What do you do?


[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Someone Else: 21c
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [36 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = GRAVELY WOUNDED (79)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Remaining Durations of The Party's Buff Spells:]
This total is as of the Seventh Round of combat:

Dewydd's Buffs:
Abjurant Armor [+8] 10 hours [6,000 Rounds] = 5,976 Rounds Remaining
Alter Self 50 minutes. [500 Rounds] = 476 Rounds Remaining
Shield [+8] 12 minutes. [120 Rounds] = 96 Rounds Remaining
Protection from Evil 10 minutes. [100 Rounds] = 76 Rounds Remaining
Blur 5 minutes. [50 Rounds] = 26 Rounds Remaining
Sheltered Vitality 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 52 Rounds Remaining

Interfaith Blessing (Everyone) 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 36 Rounds Remaining

Bull's Strength (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 86 Rounds Remaining
Cat's Grace (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 100 Rounds Remaining

Greater Invisibility (Tam) 11 Rounds. = 3 Rounds Remaining.
Haste (Everyone Except Tam & Lathir) 11 Rounds. = 3 Rounds Remaining

Shield (Nel) 4 Minutes. [40 Rounds] = 32 Rounds Remaining.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Respen's Action

GM: Posting for Respen, as per our discussion today at lunch.


Respen said:
"...Respen will cast a Grease spell, with the top left corner being in square N24, and the bottom right corner being in square O23; he will then move to square V13."

GM:
Reflex Save DC 14
Maid #1 Save: (6) Fail
Maid #2 Save: (8) Fail


Respen turns his attention to the new arrivals, and decides to give Sylvar and Sir Duncan's band a nice present: he invokes an arcane phrase, and creates a field of Grease between the two Giantesses!

Both of them are caught by surprise, and curse Respen strongly in their language, as they both fall to the floor, prone!

GM: Maid #1 and Maid #2: -4 AC vs Melee (Prone)


Snickering with glee, Respen backs up, giving Sylvar, Duncan, and the others room to operate.

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5.png

Nelvandra sneers with delight. "Well done, my lovely. Now, let's put the bear's lights out."

GM:
Magic Missile: 2 bolts: Total damage = 4 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 83 pts. damage so far.


Nelvandra points at Tim, and utters a single, arcane word, and two, little bolts of light race toward him! The bear wails in agony as the bolts slam into him, but in testimony to his great stamina, the animal does not yet die!

Kraven takes aim at Dewydd! He lets four arrows fly in rapid succession, in a dazzling display of bowmanship!

GM:
Distance to Dewydd: 70 ft.
Dewydd's current AC with all buffs: 34
Attack #1: (27) Miss
Attack #2: (26) Miss
Attack #3: (14) Miss
Attack #4: (8) Miss


Any normal man would now be a pin cushion, but Dewydd's many spells mislead, deflect, and absorb the arrows, preventing them from doing Dewydd any harm whatsoever!


GM: Meanwhile, in the other room...


THE NARRATOR: "Stop me if you've heard this one: A giant-sized Drow, a beautiful Giantess, and a Troll walk into a feast hall..."

The Drow (you remember that Nelvandra said his name was Glimval... but he looks a lot bigger now... taller even than the Giantess he is with) is taken aback, when he sees a gray mist pouring into the room from the feast hall; acting quickly, he activates two of his magic items, and moves into position, casting a spell at the mist...

GM:
Move action for Drow: Open door, move into room (current position)
Swift Action for Drow: Clicks heels together to activate boots (magical item)
Standard Action for Drow: Cast Dispel Magic
Haste Action for Drow: Turns ring 45 degrees clockwise to activate (magical item)
Dispel DC for Respen's Grave Mist: (10+11) = 21.
Caster Check: (13) Failed.


Glimval frowns as his spell fails to drive away the dull, gray mist! "Çift kapıya git!" he barks. "Kimsenin izin vermeyin!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Get to the double doors! Don't let anyone through!"[/sblock]

The beautiful, scantily-clad Giantess, and the Troll move across the room, and lower the bar across the doors! Then they both brace themselves against the doors, leaning into it with their strong backs!


Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9i.png



DEWYDD: It's Your Turn! Someone to the North is barking orders! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [36 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = GRAVELY WOUNDED (83)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Meanwhile, Tam wants to continue attacking this Giant Prince; however, upon seeing this Hill Giant step onto the opposite rim of the fire pit, Tam has a sudden and sickening suspicion that the Giant wants to kill the dangling prisoners --- especially the cute halfling girl.
At point blank range, Tam fires two more Elven arrows at the Giant.

The first arrow: 17 (base roll)
The second arrow: 1!!! Critical Fail?

OOC: WHAT? Oh, rats.

OOC: Did the arrow have a flaw in it? Double rats.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir / Orc frowns at the prospect of fighting a war on two fronts. He can hear the commotion behind and in front. He does not yet know that the room ahead has only the one egress. He quickly moves forward toward Vale, keeping to the right side of the room so that he can see into the room beyond the bear.

When he feels that he is close enough, he stops takes a deep breath and lets it out in a low pitched hum. The hum is fairly audible when he brings his hands together in front of him and claps his fists, the spear in his right fist pointing toward the room. When he does, he summons forth an ally of Nature to aid in the fight, calling a large earth elemental into the room as far behind the bear as possible so that it will engage the others there.

OOC: Lathir sacrifices Baleful Polymorph for Summon Nature's Ally V.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Introducing Koralynn Copperstrike, Newly-Minted Dwarven Widow

Dewydd said:

Upon hearing the new threats on all sides, I let out a small sigh. "Yaşamak istiyorsanız dur ve dövüş. Burada kalmayı tercih ederseniz güvenliğini garanti edemem."


[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Stand and fight if you wish to live. I cannot guarantee your safety if you choose to remain here."[/sblock]


I want to fly toward the prisoners and cut one of their bonds. I'll fly her around the grave mist and sit her on the other side of the doors leading into this banquet hall. On the flight there, I'd like to draw my Masterwork Alchemical Silver Handaxe as part of the move action and give it to her. "Help those four - I'm going to try and rescue the other two prisoners," I whisper and hand her the axe.


I'll try to rescue them in the order of D1 > D2 > H1.

GM:
All three prisoners are female. All of the prisoners are "clothed" in cheesecloth garments, which have been soaked in wine and butter. Of the two Dwarven females, one looks significantly more muscular than the other. (D1)

The prisoners have their wrists tied together with cooking string; think of the way you would use cooking string to tie up the legs of a turkey that you're putting into an oven, and then imagine that on a Hill Giant's scale. Their ankles are bound in the same manner; there are metal chains which are attached firmly to the ceiling, which have dull, metal, cargo hooks on the low-hanging end.

The prisoners are hanging from their wrist bonds, which have simply been slung on the hooks, in the same manner that one would hang a bunch of bananas on a fruit hanger.



GM:
Dewydd's unencumbered movement with Haste: 60 ft.
Dewydd's movement with Haste, carrying a medium load: 50 ft.
Normal move action: Draw axe, and move to D1's position. (20 ft.)
Double move action: Hoist the Dwarf off of the cargo hook (as part of the move action), fly her to the East corridor, and land safely with her. (50 ft.) Drop-off point: Square E24 of the Great Hallway.
Haste move action: Cut the bonds of the Dwarf (as part of the move action), drop the handaxe (free action to drop) and fly back to D2's position. (50 ft.)


GM:
Prisoner #1 (D1) [Dwarf]: 48" (4'0") tall, "heavy" build (muscular) 131 pounds.
Prisoner #2 (D2) [Dwarf]: 52" (4'4") tall, "medium" build (average) 122 pounds.
Prisoner #3 (H1) [Halfling]: 38" (3'2") tall, "athletic" build (in-shape, small frame) 80 pounds.

Dewydd's max load: 200 lbs. Dewydd's armor is Abjurant (i.e., a spell, completely weightless.)
Therefore, even with his other miscellaneous gear, carrying the three prisoners is well-within his ability.


As Dewydd drops off the first Dwarf, and hands her the axe, she says: "Thank you for rescuing me, good sir. My name is Koralynn Copperstrike, and I will NOT let you down!"

Current Position of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9j.png




Koralynn charges the Giantess Maid (#1), screaming: "Make way, for the Angry Dwarf with an axe to grind!!"

GM:
Koralynn charges through Duncan and Travis' squares, since they are un-engaged, and friendly; this does not disrupt their formation, or hinder them in any way.


GM:
Koralynn's AC: 13
Charging: AC 11
Base Attack: +6 (Masterwork: +7)
Charging: +2 (+9 total)
Maid Base AC: 17
Prone: AC 13
Attack Roll: (26) Hit
Damage: 1d6+3 = 8 pts.
Tumble check to avoid running into Duncan and Travis: DC 10. Roll = (11) Success.


Koralynn rushes forward, incredibly light on her feet for such a large, bulky Dwarf! She nimbly side-steps Duncan and Travis, giving them a wink and a nod as she does so.

Koralynn says, "Pardon me, boys!"

Koralynn brings the axe down on the prone maid with the fury of a newly-minted widow! The wound is superficial, because of the Giantess' thick skin, nevertheless, it draws blood, and fuels anger!

Koralynn screams, "DIE, IN THE NAME OF MY DEAD HUSBAND, MALLOK COPPERSTRIKE!!"



Current Positions in the Great Hallway:

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5a.png


GM: UP NEXT: Resolution of Tam, Lathir, and Sylvar's actions! Stay tuned!




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)= Injured (8)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = GRAVELY WOUNDED (83)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Rise of the Elemental!

GM:
Tam's base roll of 17 is a total of 29, which hits.
Damage: 2d4+1: (7) + Sneak Attack (3d6): (9) = 16 pts.
Hill Giant #12 has taken a total of 109 pts. of damage. Hill Giant #12 goes down! (-7)


Tam takes aim at the Giant whom he believes seeks to do the prisoners harm; being invisible, Tam has the drop on the big brute, and is able to sink his first arrow in the Giant's throat apple; the Giant gasps with horror as he slumps to the ground, bleeding horribly!

Tam's second arrow, which had been aimed in the same spot, misses, because the target is no longer where it was; the Giant is no longer standing. Thanks to Tam's first arrow, the malevolent Giant is now piled into a bleeding heap of misery on the lip of the fire pit!

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9k.png

Lathir advances forward until he's about even with Respen, then casts a spell; a large, Earth Elemental suddenly appears in the room, just behind the bear, and attacks!

GM:
Attack #1: (24) Hits; Damage: 16 pts.
Attack #2: (28) Hits; Damage: 15 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 114 pts. of damage. Tim goes down! (-9)


Out of the cobblestone floor, an Earthy Behemoth rises like an avenging angel, slamming the bear with its massive fists! The first blow knocks 8 of the bear's teeth out, and the second blow spins the bear's neck around like a toy top, with a sickening crunch! Tim, who had been attempting to stand, collapses back onto the floor, and ceases to move!

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b1.png


SYLVAR: It's Your Turn! What do you do?





[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)= Injured (8)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dying (-9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar shakes off the fog left by the giantess' rolling pin and clears his mouth of blood, spitting it on the ground. As he draws arrows to feed his bow, Sylvar thinks to himself...~~So far in the last month I've been stabbed at by Orcs, discovered a massive conspiracy,been called a fool by an Orc turned do-gooder, threatened by miscreants, hiked in the rain, used up all my good spells, slept in the cold, subsisted on field rations and fallen in with a Pomarj Orc, a diminutive footpad, and a Drow Princess, and slapped in the face with a rolling pin by this overgrown galley wench...I am beginning to feel quite IRRITATED.~~

Sylvar takes one step backwards so that he is out of range of the giantesses, takes aim and fires three arrows in quick succession.

OOC: Sylvar takes a one step adjustment to R-23...fires on maid #1... Rolls to hit, 25/27/38... Crit confirmed with a 26. Damage rolls 9/8/23 for a total of 40 hp of damage
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The True Power of Vulka!

Sylvar lets 3 arrows fly, all of which thud promptly into the Giantess Maid's back! Two of the arrows barely stick, but the third lodges deeply into the muscles of her lower back, causing her to bellow in pain!

GM: Snoggrella has taken a total of 48 pts. of damage.


In her private chamber, Vulka snarls in disgust; she had been about to cast another healing spell, but to her frustration, a summoned Earth Elemental appeared in the room, and mauled her beloved pet bear, Tim!

Vulka says, "Pislik pisliği!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Die, stupid clump of dirt!"[/sblock]

GM:
Vulka takes a 1 square adjustment; Vulka calls 10 pts. of power attack. (2H Wpn: +20 Damage)
Attack #1:[29]; Hit. Damage: 50 pts. (-5 DR) 45 pts.
Attack #2:[22]; Hit. Damage: 56 pts. (-5 DR) 51 pts.
Attack #3:[15]; Miss.
The Earth Elemental has taken a total of 96 pts. of damage. The elemental is destroyed!


Vulka shows just how impressive Cloud Giants can be, when they decide to put their full power behind a blow; although the elemental is 16 feet tall, and weighs 6,000 pounds, Vulka is yet 2 feet taller than it is, albeit only 4,500 lbs.; but it matters not.

The first hit from her unbelievably massive morning star caves in the elemental's chest, causing it to wobble and shake; the riposte shatters the elemental into a thousand, tiny shards of clay, utterly destroying it. Lastly, she slams the ground where the elemental was, just to drive home her point.

Nosnra makes his way across the room, and takes aim at Vale with his wife's massive, 2-stringed longbow.

Nosnra says, "Ölme zamanı, piç kurusu!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Time to die, pipsqueak!"[/sblock]


GM:
Vale AC: 15
+2 Haste
+4 Giants
Total AC: 21
Nosnra's attack roll: (22) Hit; Damage: 16 pts.
Vale has now taken a total of 25 pts. damage.


Nosnra's arrow narrowly misses Vale's left eye, going high instead, denting his helmet, before skipping off the top of it. The effect is like being inside a church bell as it is rung; the massive vibration gives Vale an instant headache!



00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b2.png



Duncan and Company! It is now your turn! Two Giantesses are in front of you, prone, in a huge puddle of Grease! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [25 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (48)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dying (-9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)

Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): 34 (Out of a max of 40; have not checked retrieval yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Damionte

Explorer
The Dice Have Failed Me !!

Duncan, Ebony, Travis & Leonard
:: Disrupting The Flow ::

The groups organised movement is disrupted by the arrival of the double footed dwarf. But they move forward to engage the slipping giants anyway. Ebony moves up first, taking a shielded over-watch position to cover the movements of the others. Despite being flat on their backs the giants great reach was still a danger. So she kept a careful watch for the giants lashing out as the others approached.

For their part the men all engaged the giants, taking a cautious defensive approach. Despite the disruptive presence of the dwarf in their formation they did their best to maintain their shield wall, despite the bulge in it.

New Fight 1.png

[sblock=Meta Actions]

Ebony moved up to L24, Dropped two points into Combat Expertise, and has a readied attack action in case somethign gets in melee range of her. Attack Roll (15)+12=27 Damage 1d8+6 (8)+6= 14.
She changed her aura from giving a +3 bonus to reflex saves, to giving a +3 bonus to AC vs Attacks Of Opportunity

The others used her positioning to cover their movements in events to avoid potential attacks of opportunity.

Duncan moved to M25, Dropping 2 points into Combat Expertise and attacks the prone giantess.
Attack Roll (7)+15=22 Damage 1d8+7 (3)+7= 10

Travis moved to M23 Dropping 1 points into Combat Expertise and attacks the prone giantess.
Attack Roll (1)+10=11 Nat 1. Damage 1d8+4 (2)+6= 8

Lenny moved to M22 Dropping 1 points into Combat Expertise and attacks the prone giantess.
Attack Roll (7)+10=17. Damage 2d4+4 (5)+6= 11

In case they are attacked by the archer. Both Ebony and Duncan can swat an arrow that would hit them down with their swords for free without a roll.
If a second arrow hits them they can roll Reflex vs DC 20+ the enchantment modifier on the attacking weapon, to deflect it with their shields.
Ebony Rolls: 14+10= 24
Duncan Rolls: 16+14= 30


Active Effects:
Ducan:
Bless Morale Bonus ( 7 Rounds +1 Attack +1 vs Fear ) ( Currently Over Written By Sylvar's +2 Bard Song )
Aura Of Courage (10 Feet): +4 Morale Save vs Fear
Marshal Auras ( Circumstance Bonuses Ongoing )
Within 60 Feet of Duncan: +1 Attack, +4 Will Saves
Ebony:
Within 60 Feet of Ebony: +1 Armor Class, +3 AC vs Attacks Of Opportunity

Shield Users adjacent to either Duncan or Ebony receive an additional +2 Shield Bonus to AC and +1 Shield Bonus to Reflex Saves due to the shield wall effect.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Blocks - Current Bonuses Applied]
Duncan: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 51 / 51
Fort: 13, Ref: 11, Will: 15
AC: 23(25), Touch: 12(14), Flat: 19(21)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11, Sense Motive: 17
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 14

Ebony: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 34 / 34
Fort: 6, Ref: 7, Will: 11
AC: 23(25), Touch: 12(14), Flat: 19(21)
Passive Spot: 10, Listen: 10, Sense Motive: 13
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 15


Travis: ( Shield Wall Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 4, Will: 7
AC: 21(23), Touch: 13(15), Flat: 19(21)
Masterwork Broad Sword + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Broad Sword +11; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 12

Leonard: ( Shield Wall NOT Active )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 3, Will: 6
AC: 20(22), Touch: 12(14), Flat: 18(20)
Masterwork Battle Axe + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Battle Axe +11; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 11
[/sblock]

GM: You might want to retroactively make adjustments to your characters' actions, based on the following ruling that I have made. (Click Here To View)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Duncan and Travis both take stabs at Snoggrella, but only Duncan's blow proves effective; Travis' broadsword glances off of the Giantess' thick skull, having failed to inflict any true harm.

Lenny chops at the second Giantess with his battle axe, and manages to give her a nasty scrape on her left arm, which she had raised to shield the intended target of the blow (her face!)

GM:
Both Giantess Maids have a base AC of 17.
Both are prone (AC 13.)
Duncan's Attack: (22) Hits; Damage = 10 pts.
Snoggrella (M#1) has taken a total of 58 pts. of damage.
Travis' attack: (Nat 1) Miss
Lenny's Attack: (17); Hits; Damage = 11 pts.
Greenmuggellen (M#2) has taken a total of 11 pts. of damage.


In the kitchen, more snarls and yips and barks are heard, as the Dire Wolves continue to maul the remaining Orc servants!

Elder Kurok steps in front of his brother, releasing the Javelin of Lightning with a left-handed throw, aimed directly at Vale!

GM: Lightning Bolt begins at R3, and goes all the way to the far wall, striking Sylvar as well. It also finishes off the bear.


00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b4.png

GM: VALE & SYLVAR: Make a Reflex save, DC 14. Full Damage = 12 pts. Half damage = 6 pts. Post the results of your saving throws in LINE chat.


Elder Kragg fishes a large rock out of his bag, and throws it at Kleborn!

GM:
Kleborn AC: 25
Haste +2
Partial Cover From Open Door +2
Expertise +5
TOTAL AC: 34
Attack Roll: (29) Miss


Kragg's rock flies straight at Kleborn, but the seasoned warrior deflects it harmlessly with his shield!


THALLOK: It's Your Turn! What do you do?


[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [25 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Injured (11)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)

Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): 34 (Out of a max of 40; have not checked retrieval yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok can see the elder Giant in the room at the end of the hallway. Before these other giants burst onto the scene he was going to go seek his revenge, but now he must tend to other matters. He shouts down the hallway "Don't go anywhere my giant friend, I will deal with you momentarily" Thallok moves up ahead of Sylvar and prepares to attack the second maid.

OOC: He moves to P23


He then makes his attack

OOC:
First attack =32
Haste attack= 24
damage from first attack=12
damage from second attack=9
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
DM HOUSEKEEPING SUPPLEMENTAL POST

OOC: RESOLUTION OF SPELL CRITICAL / MISCELLANEOUS DM HOUSEKEEPING POST


[sblock=For people who keep asking me what their bonuses are from Inter-Faith Blessing]
Deity WorshipedBlessing Received
[1] Bahamut, St. Cuthbert, Odin, Marek, or Yondalla+1 on Attack Rolls and Saves
[2] Boccob, Corellon Larethian, Vecna, or Wee Jas+1 on Attack Rolls and Skill Checks
[3] Ehlonna, Obad-Hai, Meilikki, Uller, or worship of nature+1 on Attack Rolls and to Armor Class
[4] Erythnul, Gruumsh, or Lolth+2 on Damage Rolls
[5] Fharlaghn, Moradin, or Pelor+2 to AC
[6] Garl Glittergold, Rudd, Olidammara, or no deityRoll 1d8 to determine blessing;
A result of 6 = player's choice
[7] Heironeous, Hextor, Nerull, or Trithereon+2 on Attack Rolls
[8] Kord, Thor, Kurtulmak, or Tiamat+1 on Attack Rolls and Damage Rolls
[/sblock]


GM:
Sylvar's Save: (18) Success; 6 pts. of damage.
Vale's Save: (Nat 1) Spell Critical; 30 pts. of damage, plus possible item damage.

Items Affected:
1. Magic Axe (no damage)
2. Magic Mace (no damage)
3. Magic Pouch (6 pts. damage of 15 total hp.) Still functional, but will need repair eventually.
4. Magic Belt (6 pts. damage of 15 total hp.) Still functional, but will need repair eventually.








[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [33 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g

Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Vale: 10 [55 Damage; Gravely Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Injured (11)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)

Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): 34 (Out of a max of 40; have not checked retrieval yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Thallok's Inspiring Actions!

OOC: DM NOTE: Thallok, I am about to change the way your available Crusader maneuvers work, to make it easier on me. Stay tuned. In the meantime, as we discussed over lunch, this round Thallok will use Martial Spirit, and Revitalizing Strike.


GM:
Swift Action: Activate Martial Spirit stance.
Move Action: Move to square P23; your opponents are Off-Balance, and do not get AoOs against you.
Standard Action: Revitalizing Strike against Maid #2 (Hit; Damage = 12 pts. Sylvar is healed for 3d6+7+2: 23 pts.)
Haste Action: Attack Maid #2 (Hit; Damage = 9 pts. Sylvar is healed for 2 pts.)
Maid #2 has taken a total of 32 points of damage so far.
Sylvar is healed for a total of 25 pts. this round.


As Thallok arrives on the scene, and begins to savagely attack the enemy, a warm wave of inspiration washes over Sylvar, and he instantly feels refreshed, and his gums begin to tingle, as his lost teeth begin to grow back into place!

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b5.png

Hill Giant #18 stands as part of a move action, and moves into the Eastern hallway, near Duncan and his group. He does not get too close; when he feels safe, he lies down again, flat on his stomach, his fingers knitted together behind his head, his eyes closed tight, trying to present as small a target as possible to his cruel Prince.

GM:
Range to H#18 from Kraven: 145 ft. (-2 to hit)
Hill Giant is prone (+4 AC)
Hill Giant Base AC: 17
Total AC vs. Kraven, including range penalty: AC 23


Hill Giant #9 gets a 20 ft. running start, and leaps from his table, hoping to land on the lip of the fire pit.

GM:
Distance to be covered: 20 ft.
Running start of 20 ft. = DC 20
Jump Skill: +7
Run Feat: +4 to roll. 19+11 = (30) = Success!


The scared Giant is grateful that he spent his formative years as the clan's courier; his running skills serve him well, and allow him to catch considerable hang time!

When he lands, he immediately lies as flat as he can, on his stomach, using the wall of the fire pit, and the dying Giant in front of him as cover from Kraven's arrows.

GM:
Hill Giant #9 now has complete cover, and cannot be targeted by Kraven.


Hill Giant #12 continues to bleed out.

Hill Giants #10 and #13, seeing that they have the room to do so now, lay flat on top of their respective tables, keeping their heads down, saying nothing. They have seen the fate of those who rallied, and they want no part of it.

GM:
Both Giants are in short bow range (no penalty);
Base AC (armored): 23
Prone: +4
Total AC: 27



00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9k1.png


Hill Giant #19 bleeds out and dies.
Hill Giant #21 attacks someone, attempting to smash their skull with his bare fists!

GM:
Attack #1: 20 (Miss)
Attack #2: 28 (Hit); Damage = 9 pts.


One of the Giant's wild swings connects, but it is not as effective as he would have liked; he will never get the chance to try again.

His opponent retaliates savagely, drawing a blood-gurgling scream from him as he savagely rips him apart!

GM:
Attack #1: (18) Hit; Damage: 24 pts.
Attack #2: (19) Hit; Damage: 21 pts. Hill Giant #21 dies. (-19)
Attack #3: (25) Hit; Damage: 15 pts.
Attack #4: (29) Hit; Damage: 17 pts. Ogre #5 goes down! (-3)
Attack #5: (19) Hit; Damage: 20 pts. Ogre #5 dies! (-23)
Attack #6: (23) Hit; Damage: 26 pts. Ogre #2 has taken a total of 34 pts. of damage, plus 9 pts. non-lethal damage.


Before Ogre #5 can react, the mysterious someone rips him apart also, literally tearing his limbs from his body! The Ogre's scream echoes throughout the entry hall, as the last gasp of air leaves his lungs!

Lastly, the mysterious someone turns his remaining fury on the Sous Chef! The unlucky cook gets slammed in the face, losing several teeth, unknowingly coming into a semi-kinship with Sylvar!

KLEBORN! It's your turn! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25 [9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

Someone Mysterious: 16h

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Vale: 10 [55 Damage; Gravely Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Severely Wounded / Bloodied (90) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Significantly Injured (32)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Moderately Wounded (34) + (9 Non-Lethal = 43 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-8)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn quickly moves to the other side of vale all the way to the wall, he pushes the door open, and proceeds in the room and dances his way to Nosnra. As he is in the room he notices Vulka standing on the other side, smiles and gives a slight bow. He then attacks Nosnra, and as quickly as he enters the room, he makes his exit going back to the hallway to where he was standing next to Vale.

OOC: I am calling 4 points of expertise.
first attack=33 (one shy of critical)
second attack=33
damage from first=15
damage from second=15
I am seriously at a loss at how I got the exact same rolls with both attack and damage. LOL
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Kleborn's Surgical Strike!

Kleborn darts into the room, hoping to catch Nosnra off-guard!

[sblock=Kleborn's route for Spring Attack]
00-A-Short-Path-For-Kleborn-001.png
[/sblock]

GM:
Kleborn's Base Move: 30 ft.
With Haste Bonus: 60 ft.
Kleborn's base Jump Skill: +14
Jumping Skill Bonus: +12
Total Jumping Skill: +26 (minimum result: 27)
(This is being noted for future reference)
Distance to attack range vs. Nosnra: 20 ft. (Orange Square)
Door is in the way, costs 5 ft. movement to close. Can be closed as part of the move action.
Total Distance Covered: 25 ft.
Total Distance Both Ways For Spring Attack: 50 ft.
Kleborn does not provoke an Attack of Opportunity from Nosnra, because Nosnra is using a bow.

Kleborn uses Spring Attack to take two swipes at Nosnra.
Kleborn scores two hits; total damage = 30 pts.
Nosnra has taken a total of 105 pts. of damage.


Kleborn cuts Nosnra twice, before sliding back out of range! Both cuts are surgical, and leave nasty, bleeding wounds!

Hill Giant #3 (The Last Commander) fishes a potion out of his bag, and drinks it!
He then speeds off toward the South, moving unnaturally fast!

GM:
Move Action: Retrieve potion from bag.
Standard Action: Drink potion.
Normal Move Rate: 30'; Move cut in half (15') by spikes; Move enhanced to 45' by potion bonus.
Haste Action: Move 45 feet South.



00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L10a.png



VALE: It's Your Turn! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25 [9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

Someone Mysterious: 16h

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Vale: 10 [55 Damage; Gravely Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Severely Wounded / Bloodied (90) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Significantly Injured (32)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Moderately Wounded (34) + (9 Non-Lethal = 43 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (105) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-8)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale - Lighting Up His Life...aka Rolling One (1) the Hard Way

~ Axe...Copperbeard…if…you…plan…to…help…now…is…the…time. ~

Vale stands tall, at least insomuch as he can, given he has been effectively electrocuted. Steam rises from his chainmail shirt, the moisture from the deluge outside drying up from the lightning bolt.
The axe is lightly scorched, but no permanent damage. His belt and pouch are significantly burned. Nearly perfectly dried out, the remainder of his visage is chapped and ruddy. His explorer garments under his armor, flash dried by the lightning bolt as well, chafe his crotch. His left foot is completely numb. He didn’t know if it was from the gout or the lightning, but it feels as if a horse stepped on it.

He grimaces, mouth dry and lips cracking. He sneezes loudly as his heart resets from lightning-induced arrhythmia, throwing his face forward, blood streaming from his eyes. As he raises his head, he realizes two things: that every joint in his body is screaming dissent to his even being upright and mobile, and that he smells burnt hair. Stroking his normally perfectly groomed beard, he realizes with horror that his beard is a patchwork of burned stubble, and his sideburns really are. "ACK!" He coughs a deep, productive snot-rocket. Spitting toward the dead bear's head, he reaches up to wipe his face and for a moment and freezes. He twitches his face, grimaces, and sniffs the air.

His left eyebrow is missing...burned to nothing. ~ The bastards took me eyebrow. My eyebrow! What kind of ass-hat attacks an...eyebrow? ~

He speaks out loud to nobody in particular, but in awkward, emotional, purely dwarven disgust. "My eye...hair...is...burned? Hurrumph!!! "

"You bastards. NOW, I kill you."

Vale trades axe for his elven composite longbow and attacks Nosnra, firing two (2) shots and moving back behind Kleborn eastward 40-50' along the southern wall of the trophy room.

OOC: Two arrows #1d20+15 = 24; #1d20+15 = 24; If they are hits, then 10 and 12 damage.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vale Makes Nosnra PAY!

Just before Vale takes action, the axe, who can sense the thoughts of its bonded master, sees what Vale intends to do. Just before Vale can put the axe down in order to switch to the longbow, the axe activates one of its powers, healing him slightly.

GM: Vale is healed for 6 pts.


Valoran screeches, in Common, "Make yer shot, then pick me up again, you uppity child! Ye needs more healing than that!"

Vale shoots Nosnra twice, the first arrow thunking into his left shoulder, the second plunging deeply into his abdomen! The Giant Chief bellows in pain!

GM:
DM NOTE: You figured the damage wrong; you shorted yourself by 2 pts.
First Arrow: 11 pts.
Second Arrow: 13 pts.
Nosnra has taken a total of 129 pts. of damage. Nosnra is in really bad shape!


GM:
Movement changed as per our phone conversation this morning.
Free Action: Drop the axe.
Move Action: Draw your bow.
Standard Action: Fire one arrow.
Haste Action: Fire second arrow.
Free Action: Take a 1-square adjustment NNE above Kleborn.
(Your axe is still within reach. It is in Square #R6.)
(Next round, you can retain the bow in one hand, and pick up the axe with the other, as long as you don't intend to attack with either one.)


After firing the two shots, Vale steps back behind Kleborn, intent on picking the axe up again.

Somewhere nearby, the Sous Chef continues to rage! He swipes twice at someone, and one of the swings connects! Someone mysterious takes a nasty wound!

GM: Someone Mysterious takes 18 pts. of damage from a cleaver slash; they have taken a total of 108 pts. damage so far.


In the kitchen, the remaining Orc Servants fight for their lives! Wolves howl and yip! Orcs scream battlecries! The ring of steel is heard!

Snoggrella attempts to stand and succeeds! She possibly provokes an Attack of Opportunity from Thallok, Duncan, Koralynn, and Travis!

Greenmuggella attempts to stand and succeeds! She possibly provokes an Attack of Opportunity from Thallok, Koralynn, Travis, and Lenny!



00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A7b.png



GM:
The remaining Hill Giant Guards will be resolved once everyone has rolled their Attack of Opportunity against each of the maids.




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25 [9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

Someone Mysterious: 16h

Kleborn: 15b

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Valoran The Axe: 10a
Vale: 10b [49 Damage; Seriously Injured!]

Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Severely Wounded / Bloodied (108) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)=Moderately Wounded (58)
Greenmuggella (M2)=Significantly Injured (32)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Moderately Wounded (34) + (9 Non-Lethal = 43 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Gravely Wounded (129) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-8)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver

It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top