• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

3.5 HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

Diarmadhim

Explorer
I charge south, seeking to cutoff Kraven's flanking maneuver. Slamming the door out of my way, I continue my charge straight to Kraven (N10) when I see my quarry. Whirling Frenzy having dropped, I throw caution to the wind and put all of my animosity behind my hastened attacks. As I leap at my prey, a wordless roar bellows forth from my lungs, "RRRRRAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!" After expending my fury, I notice the dragon in the room for the first time. "Dragon at the gate!" I exclaim, before I quickly surmise that the enemy of my enemy is hopefully my friend. Either that, or I'm wyrm food.

OOC: Attack 1: 33 to hit. 63 damage.
Attack 2: 25 to hit. 44 damage.
Attack 3: 34 to hit. 47 damage.
So if all three attacks hit I'll be doing 154 damage.

Inspire Courage (lasts for 5 rounds after last hearing the bard), Charge, Power Attack, Powerful Charge, Shock Trooper (Heedless Charge), Leap Attack, Pounce, Punishing Stance, Battle Leader's Charge, & Interfaith Blessing. My AC is 24 for this round... Ooh boy...


[sblock=Meta Junk]
To Hit:
+10/+5 BAB.
+2 ST (+12/+7).
+1 Magic Weapon (+13/+8).
+2 Haste (+15/+15/+10).
+2 Interfaith Blessing (+17/+17/+12).
+2 Inspire Courage (+19/+19/+14).
+2 Charge (+21/+21/+16).
Attack 1: 12 + 21 = 33
Attack 2: 4 + 21 = 25
Attack 3: 18 + 16 = 34

Damage:
Attack 1:
2d6+4 Normally.
+10 Battle Leader's Charge.
+30 Power Attack W/ Leap Attack & Two-Handed Weapon.
+1d8 Powerful Charge as a Medium Creature.
+1d6 Punishing Stance.
+2 Inspire Courage.
Total = 3d6+1d8+46.

Attack 2 & 3:
2d6+4 Normally.
+30 Power Attack W/ Leap Attack & Two-Handed Weapon.
+1d6 Punishing Stance.
+2 Inspire Courage.
Total = 3d6+36 each.

AC:
10 Base.
+1 Dex Mod.
+8 Abjurant Armor Spell (4+Abjurant Champion Level of 4, Abjurant Armor [Su]).
+8 Shield Spell (4+Abjurant Champion Level of 4, Abjurant Armor [Su]).
+8 Natural Armor (Alter Self - Tren).
+2 Protection From Evil Spell (Deflect).
+2 Haste.
-1 Vulnerable Flaw.
-2 Charge.
-2 Punishing Stance.
-10 Shock Trooper.
Total = 24 AC.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Mr DM: How many swings does it take to get to the bloody center of a Kraven-pop?

Dewydd charges into the room, unleashing Hell upon Prince Kraven, calling upon just the right mix of arcane enhancements and combat techniques, to create the perfect storm of blades and fury!

Dewydd's first attack catches Kraven across the face, wiping the smirk off of his face, as the blade rips through the flesh of his cheeks, and knocks 8 of his teeth out! Blood spurts from the grievous wound!

The riposte penetrates the Drow-made chainmail that Kraven is wearing, allowing Dewydd to stab Kraven DEEPLY on his right side, the blade piercing Kraven's kidney, and ramming past that, into his lower intestines! Kraven goes down!

GM: These first two blows deal 107 pts. of damage to Kraven. He was already wounded (67 pts.) At this point, Kraven has taken a total of 174 pts. of damage, which puts him at -6 hit points.


Even as Kraven is in the process of collapsing, Dewydd moves with impossible speed, riposting once more, and slicing Kraven's throat as he falls; Dewydd catches the carotid artery just right, causing Kraven's life blood to cover the retired mercenary in warm, wet, gore!

GM: The last hit puts him at -53. Prince Kraven is dead!


00-The-Grand-Hallway-Base-Map-01d.png

GM: +1,000 XP to Dewydd, for a spectacular display of raw power, which resulted in the death of one of the party's most dangerous adversaries!


In the Eastern Hallway, Koralynn gets a determined look on her face.

She looks at the bleeding Snoggrella and says, in the Dwarven tongue, "Dies ist, um meinen Bruder letzte Nacht in einen Kuchen zu stecken!"

[sblock=If you speak Dwarvish]"This is for putting my brother into a pie last night!"[/sblock]

Koralynn performs a Coup De Grace on the bleeding Giantess!

GM:
Automatic hit, automatic crit: 3d6+9: 16 pts. Damage.
No need for the saving throw, damage alone kills Snoggrella.
Snoggy is now at -24 [Dead]


Koralynn chops the side of Snoggrella's neck, allowing more blood to flow, and causing the Giantess to finish the process of dying much sooner than she would have! Like Dewydd, Koralynn gets sprayed with warm blood, although she doesn't seem to mind in the slightest.

GM: DM NOTE: As per our discussion yesterday, I am retroactively changing Kleborn's ending position to Square T6, because he had indicated that doing so was his intent when I was advising him on the kind of tactics he had available to him. Therefore, there would have been no need for Thallok to displace him during the charge. On the next map that I post, this change will be reflected.


Tam-Tam: It's Your Turn! You just saw Prince Kraven bite the dust! There's a Dragon in the room ahead! This is the last round for your Greater Invisibility! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

9th Round:

Respen: 25 [14 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Dying / Bleeding Out) (12,15): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

"Collin" The Gold Dragon: 16h

Kleborn: 15b [23 Damage]

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Valoran The Axe: 10a
Vale: 10b [45 Damage; Severely Wounded!]

Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6) [#6 is Bleeding Out]: 0 (DEAD LAST)





"Collin" The Gold Dragon = Grievously Wounded / Bloodied (159)

Prince Kraven = Dead
Snoggrella (M1)= Dead
Greenmuggella (M2)= Dead
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Dead
Vulka = GRAVELY Wounded (245) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-8)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-9)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-7)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: "Collin" The Gold Dragon, H3, H4, Dewydd

Dewydd's AC until his next turn: 24. (Heedless Charge)

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver
It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 8 (8 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Explorer
Tam-Tam almost stops in his tracks when he sees Dewydd's furious assault on Kraven, butchering him like a hog. But, then he sees what looks to be just a peek of a Hill Giant in decent armor. Maybe one of the commanders. This could be bad because he was close to Dewydd and wasn't sure if Dewydd saw this other giant. He had to act fast.

Tam takes a 20' running leap to gain more distance whilst only having time to grab one of his arrows; but giving the tip a kiss, breathing Yolanda's name, hoping for a blessing of skill and accuracy, as he comes to one knee as he strikes.

Roll: 28
Damage: 21
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tam rushes forward, taking a running jump, in an attempt to cover as much ground as possible, to get himself into position to take a shot at the Hill Giant Commander.

GM:
Move Action: 20’ move + Jump.
Jump check: 13 (jump distance: 10’);
Total distance covered: 30 feet.
Covering this distance drops the Giant’s cover bonus to AC, from +3, down to +2.
Standard Action: One bow shot (28): Hit
Damage inflicted (including Sneak Attack): 21 pts.


Tam’s jump goes exactly as planned, and he is able to take an immediate shot at the Giant, who (thanks to the fact that Tam is invisible) has no idea that the attack is coming.

Tam’s arrow penetrates the Giant’s banded mail, sticking him in his left flank, just above the kidney, scraping the bottom rib with the arrow’s barbed tip.

The Giant winces in agony, as he desperately looks around, trying to discern the source of the attack!

GM:
The Commander has now taken a total of 80 points of damage! He looks to be feeling the culmination of his numerous wounds!


Lathir: It’s your turn! You can see that this battle is at a point where it might be winnable! What do you do?
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Pleasantly surprised at the progression of events, Lathir turns from the fallen giantess to rush back toward where Vale had fallen. Hearing the voices of his friends and understanding there is a real chance for a true victory in this battle, he moves a quickly and as far as he can in order to summon another ally of nature into the room with Vulka.

OOC: Lathir will sacrifice repel vermin for Summon Nature's Ally IV.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Another Creature Joins The Fray!

Lathir rushes down the hallway, leaping into the air, in order to cover as much distance as possible, knowing that he must get within 50 feet of the room in order to place his spell in an optimal position!

GM:
Move Action: 40’ move + Jump.
Jump check: (1d20+7) = (18) (jump distance: 15’);
Total distance covered: 55 feet.


Lathir's extreme speed and skill serve him well; he covers an even greater distance than needed, placing him well within range of the spell that he intends to cast!

Lathir said:
OOC: Lathir will sacrifice repel vermin for Summon Nature's Ally IV.
Lathir points to the area directly behind Vulka; where there was nothing before, a Dire Ape suddenly appears! The creature obeys the command of its master, attacking immediately, with a raw, vengeful fury borne of a protector of nature! As it begins to attack, everyone notices that the Ape takes immediate notice of Sylvar's song, which serves not to calm the savage beast, but rather, to intensify his fervor!

GM:
Dire Ape Base Attack: +8/+8/+3
Inspire Courage [+2]: +10/+10/+5
Flanking with Thallok [+2]: +12/+12/+7
Attack Rolls: (19,17,14) = Miss, Miss, Miss; Sorry guys, just bad rolls. He had a decent chance to hit.




The Ape's fury is unmatched, his dedication admirable, but the big animal seems unable to penetrate the thick armor of the Giantess, who simply smiles wickedly at the Ape's ineffectiveness!



00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A7j.png



Sylvar: It's your turn! You have a bad feeling that Vulka is about to bring her full might to bear against one or more of your comrades! This may be the last chance you have to save them! Distance to Vulka: 90 ft. She has partial cover (+2 AC) from the door frame. What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

9th Round:

Respen: 25 [14 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b1 [5 Damage]
Dire Ape: 19b2
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Dying / Bleeding Out) (12,15): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

"Collin" The Gold Dragon: 16h

Kleborn: 15b [23 Damage]

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Valoran The Axe: 10a
Vale: 10b [45 Damage; Severely Wounded!]

Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6) [#6 is Bleeding Out]: 0 (DEAD LAST)





"Collin" The Gold Dragon = Grievously Wounded(159)

Prince Kraven = Dead
Snoggrella (M1)= Dead
Greenmuggella (M2)= Dead
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Dead
Vulka = GRAVELY Wounded (245) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Severely Wounded (80) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-8)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-9)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-7)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: "Collin" The Gold Dragon, H3, H4, Dewydd

Dewydd's AC until his next turn: 24. (Heedless Charge)

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver
It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 9 (7 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 6 (14 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar watches the event of the last few tenths of a second go by as if in slow motion and he senses that Thallok is in mortal danger. Vulka must die, the priestess must be killed. The intense danger of the moment captivates him. Sylvar retrieves three Elven arrows and holds them in his right hand, his bow he hold in his left. Raising his implements of war he cries out. ULLER!!! JEG HAR BARE TRE SJANSER. SETT OYNENE PA MEG FOR AT MITT MAL SKAL VAERE SANT, FOR AT JEG KAN OVERVINNE ONDSKAP FRA DENNE VERDEN HOR DIN KAMPANJKE I SIN TID FOR BEHOV

OOC: Translation: ULLER!!! I have only three chances. Rest your eyes upon me that my aim will be true, that I may vanquish evil from this world. Hear your champion in his time of need


With the blessing of Uller requested His vision narrows as he locks eyes on his target. She is partially covered by the door, Thallok is in the way and the distance is great. There's no way to call out to him in time. He must fire now.

Sylvar levels his bow and knocks his first arrow...he aims carefully, draws the bow string and fires.

OOC: First attack roll = 16, miss


His desire to miss Thallok causes him to aim high, Sylvar mutters under his breath Uller, vær så snill

OOC: Translation: Uller, Please


OOC: Second attack roll = 28, Damage = 15


His second arrow flies true, striking Vulka Takk, Uller, en annen

OOC: Translation: Thank you Uller, one more


OOC: Third attack roll = 18... miss

Sylvar's wounds take their toll and his legs wobble momentarily just as he looses his arrow causing it to fly high. As he watches the arrow crash into the wall his face drops, Uller jeg har sviktet deg
OOC: Uller, I have failed you


GM:
Normally, your second attack would have missed, because she had two points of cover from the door. However, you did something I've been waiting on you to do since the first time you shot Thallok in the Battle of Skorane; you called upon Uller.

When you call upon the Lord of Archery, your bow begins to glow with a bright, blue light. You have Uller's favor, and your arrows fly more true than before.

1] Uller's blessing negates the -4 penalty for firing into melee.
2] Uller's blessing gives you a +2 divine bonus to hit.
3] Uller's blessing gives you a +2 divine bonus to damage.

Thus, your total attacks are: 22, 34, 24. The first and third shots are still misses. (The first shot was a natural 1, which would have missed in any event.)

However, the second attack DID INDEED hit her! And your damage is 17, not 13, because you didn't add your Inspire Courage bonus to damage. All I see in the dice room is the arrow's base magical bonus of +1. And then there's the +2 from Uller. So it's +5, not +1. :)

I will resolve your post right now, but I won't update maps and meta-data until tomorrow morning. I want you to have the thrill of victory!

Vulka has taken a total of 262 pts. of damage. Vulka goes down!
Vulka [-11, Dead]

Sylvar gains +1,000 xp for killing Vulka!


When the second arrow hits, it looks as if it were not sufficient to kill the Giantess; she remains standing, wincing in pain, but standing nonetheless. Then a look of desperation crosses her face, as the holy power of the Elven Arrow, combined with the holy power of Uller's blessing, washes over her, bathing her in a cold, dim, blue light! Vulka screams in terror as her skin ruptures in many places, blue light pouring out of her wounds instead of blood! She collapses to the floor, instantly withering away to a pile of dust, her equipment clanking noisily to the ground!

Sylvar, who had almost accepted defeat, sees that he has not failed after all! A smile crosses his face, as he sees the Giantess collapse into a heap of ash! But as this happens, something else occurs as well; something dark and sinister!

A grey, misty form, that looks like Vulka, rises from the ash heap, its eyes glowing an intense red! The ghostly image screams in torment, reaching a wispy hand toward the two Stone Giants!

The Giants scream in anguish, as they, too, turn to heaps of ash, as their spiritual energy is drained into the spectre! Elsewhere, one of the dying Hill Giants also turns to ash, as Vulka’s spectre draws the necessary energy for her spell...

Vulka turns her gaze to Sylvar, and pronounces her dying curse!


GM: To Be Concluded!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vulka's Dying Curse [MAJOR STORY ELEMENT]

Vulka's Spectre seethes with anger, as she pronounces her curse. She speaks the curse in her native Giant dialect, but everyone who hears it hears its words as if they were spoken in the hearer's native tongue!

GM:
Dying Curse
In order to summon the power of Lolth after dying, the subject must be willing to sacrifice the souls of three allied creatures.

Vulka chooses Kurok, Kragg, and Norbit (Hill Giant #6); the creatures who are allies get NO SAVING THROW if they have sworn loyalty to the subject, even unto death.

If the target creatures have Spell Resistance, it applies. (None of the chosen creatures have Spell Resistance.)

Elder Kurok dies forever, his soul sworn to Vulka's use.
Elder Kragg dies forever, his soul sworn to Vulka's use.
Norbit (Hill Giant #6) dies forever, his soul sworn to Vulka's use.



The Spectre says, "A curse upon you, who robbed me of the chance to perform Lolth's will!

9 days suffer, 9 days change,
Ever more horrid, ever more strange;

Magical remedies shall help thee not,
With each invocation shalt thy wither and rot!

Suffer long, this misery great, there's only one way to reverse this fate;

Find the Lady of the Hool, and strike her down,
From her oldest scales make a bloody crown,

Crown my smooth head with this great prize, so that from this cruel fate, I again shall rise,

In a form greater than I had before, to serve Lolth in darkness, forever more!"



As the spectre finishes speaking, it waves its ghostly hand, and the ashes of Vulka's body reform! Her naked, seemingly sleeping body is as it was before, except that it is completely hairless, unblemished, and inert, lying flat on the ground where the Giantess had fallen just moments before. The spectre dives into the body, which shudders and convulses as it does so! The body's eyes remain closed, but the body can be seen to draw in a single breath, and exhale. Then, for a brief moment, the body smiles, wickedly, as if she knows some dark, terrible secret about what is soon to transpire!


Sylvar, you feel your body beginning to change! Your entire musculature, from head to toe, expands greatly, causing your height to increase by 6 inches, your waist to expand by 4 inches, and causing your non-magical clothes to rip apart, and your Elven chainmail to burst its links, all of it falling away from your body, leaving you naked and embarrassed! All of your equipment, save for the bow in your hand, is now in a pile at your feet! You also feel about 70 pounds heavier! Instead of an Elf, your body has the build of some freakishly large Dwarf!


GM: Sylvar gains a +2 Deformity bonus to his Constitution score.




00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A7k.png



[sblock=Day One Effects Suffered] Become freakishly stout; +2 Deformity bonus to Con. [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Two Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Three Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Four Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Five Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Six Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Seven Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Eight Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]

[sblock=Day Nine Effects Suffered] ...To be determined (this post will be edited at a later time) [/sblock]



Duncan and Co.: It's your turn! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

9th Round:

Respen: 25 [14 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b1 [5 Damage]
Dire Ape: 19b2
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Dying / Bleeding Out) (12,15): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

"Collin" The Gold Dragon: 16h

Kleborn: 15b [23 Damage]

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13

Valoran The Axe: 10a
Vale: 10b [45 Damage; Severely Wounded!]

Remaining Hill Giant Guards (#4): 0 (DEAD LAST)





"Collin" The Gold Dragon = Grievously Wounded(159)

Prince Kraven = Dead
Snoggrella (M1)= Dead
Greenmuggella (M2)= Dead
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Dead
Vulka = STASIS
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)=Dead Forever
Elder Kragg (S3)=Dead Forever
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Severely Wounded (80) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H5 =Dead
H6 =Dead Forever
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-9)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-7)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: "Collin" The Gold Dragon, H3, H4, Dewydd

Dewydd's AC until his next turn: 24. (Heedless Charge)

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver
It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 9 (7 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 9 (11 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Damionte

Explorer
Duncan, Ebony, Travis & Leonard
:: Mop Up ::

Battle Mop 1.jpg

"This place is full of suprises." Ebony grins as the second giantess falls.

Duncan yells "arrg" in frustration as the red orc he was speaking to runs off. Silently giving him the answer he asked for. "We shall clear out the surprises then to make sure our way out is clear." He points his sword down the hallway and orders the others to stack up. Slinging his shield back over onto his back as he makes his way around the grease and into the hallway while drawing his bow.

Ebony does the same as she steps up beside him. She pats Lenny twice on the shoulder as he passes her. The silent command to turtle up.

The twins heft their shields out before them. Ducking in low and putting their shoulders behind the boards.

Duncan and Ebony stand behind them bows drawn and ready to advance.

[sblock=Order of actions in game terms]
The foursome move into the hallway. Duncan and Ebony stowed their swords and shields as part of their move, then drew their bows with their second move action.

All four drop max points into combat expertise for +5AC. The twins then used their standard actions to turtle up for an additional +4AC. Neither can take attacks of opportunity this round.


:: Just In Case Rolls ::
In case they are attacked by an archer. Both Ebony and Duncan can swat an arrow that would hit them down with their weapons for free without a roll. ( Their bows are also equiped with "Bow Blades" Bayonet like daggers on the ribs they can slash with like melee weapons. Complete Adventurer has them I beleive. )

Active Effects:
Ducan:
Bless Morale Bonus ( 5 Rounds +1 Attack +1 vs Fear ) ( Currently Over Written By Sylvar's +2 Bard Song )
Aura Of Courage (10 Feet): +4 Morale Save vs Fear
Marshal Auras ( Circumstance Bonuses Ongoing )
Within 60 Feet of Duncan: +1 Attack, +4 Will Saves
Ebony:
Within 60 Feet of Ebony: +1 Armor Class, +3 To Reflex Saves

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Blocks - Current Bonuses Applied]
Duncan: ( Shield Wall In-Active )
Hit Points: 51 / 51
Fort: 13, Ref: 10, Will: 15
AC: 18(23), Touch: 12(17), Flat: 16(21)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11, Sense Motive: 17
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 14

Ebony: ( Shield Wall In-Active )
Hit Points: 34 / 34
Fort: 6, Ref: 6, Will: 11
AC: 18(23), Touch: 12(17), Flat: 16(21)
Passive Spot: 10, Listen: 10, Sense Motive: 13
Battle Rap/Perform Urban: 20
Perform Break Dance: 15


Travis: ( Shield Wall In-Active Max Combat Expertise + Total Def )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 6, Will: 7
AC: 18(30), Touch: 13(22), Flat: 19(28)
Masterwork Broad Sword + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Broad Sword +11(+6); Damage: 2d4+4 (20: x3: 6d4+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 12

Leonard: ( Shield Wall In-Active Max Combat Expertise + Total Def )
Hit Points: 38 / 38
Fort: 7, Ref: 6, Will: 7
AC: 21(30), Touch: 13(22), Flat: 19(28)
Masterwork Battle Axe + Shield Bash = +9 / +9; Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12) / 1d4+4 (20: x2: 2d4+6)
Masterwork Battle Axe +11(+6); Damage: 1d8+4 (20: x3: 3d8+12)
Passive Spot: 11, Listen: 11,
Perform Break Dance: 11
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok sees the priestess fall, yet sees and hears the curse. Luckily Thallok is not one to be scared of such a curse. He says, "I guess that is a victory, although Sylvar, you do not look too good. Let's get that taken care of, what do you say." He then looks back north where he was standing and says, "those giant maids came out of a hallway leading south, and in the great hall I heard a big commotion coming from the south. I am going to go down that hallway and see if there are any more enemies who needs to be taken out." He then quickly heads north and rushes toward the hallway then turns south going through the doors. As he is moving he has his falchion out ready for whatever or whoever he may encounter.
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
OOC: Although not embarrassed by his sudden nudity Sylvar is does not wish to stay in his current condition for long. He notices a stuffed human barbarian whose size closely mirrors his own. He will walk over and strip him of his clothing and put them on. After covering himself he will gather his equipment and search the rest of the castle with his friends.


GM:
As per our FB Messenger conversation, the taxidermied trophies in this hallway are all either stuffed humans, demihumans, humanoids, or monstrous creatures. They probably all represent worthy opponents that Nosnra and/or Vulka have defeated over the years.

The Human Barbarian is about 6'7", and looks as if he once weighed in the neighborhood of 270 pounds. He is barrel-chested and muscular. He is wearing old fashioned clothes, of a style that was popular about 50 years ago. He is also wearing leather armor, which looks to be in excellent condition, despite how old it probably must be. The clothes and armor would fit the dimensions of your new physique quite nicely.

The time to remove leather armor if you are wearing it is normally 1 minute (10 rounds.) Since you would be taking it off of a taxidermied trophy, the time increases to 1.5 minutes (15 rounds.) The time to remove the clothes from the barbarian will be an additional 3 rounds.

Putting on the clothes will take Sylvar 2 rounds. Putting on the leather armor will take Sylvar 1 minute (10 rounds) or 5 rounds, if he wishes to "hastily don" the armor. (NOTE: Doing so would decrease the armor's granted AC by 1 point, and increase its Armor Check Penalty by 1 point.)

Therefore, it will take between 25 and 30 rounds (2.5 to 3 minutes) for Sylvar to "gear up" using the clothes and armor from the taxidermied barbarian.

25 Rounds: "Hastily Don" the leather armor.
30 Rounds: Don the leather armor properly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Collin Is Down, But He Is Not Out! (GOLD DRAGONS ARE TOUGH!!)

As the battle continues, the number of combatants continues to dwindle at a rapid pace!

Hill Giant #12 bleeds out and dies.

Hill Giant #15 continues to bleed out.

Hill Giants #9, 10, 13, & 18 continue to lie flat, hoping to survive this ordeal.


Collin steps forward, and uses his long neck to take a bite out of the Hill Giant Commander, who is engaged with Dewydd!

GM:
Large Size, 60' Speed = 10 foot (2-square) adjustment.
Reach for bite attack = 10 feet.
Collin calls 5 points of Power Attack.
Attack Roll: (26) = Hits.
Damage: 26 pts.
The Hill Giant Commander has taken 106 pts. of damage so far. The Commander goes down!
Hill Giant #3 [-4, Dying]


The Commander is so focused on Dewydd, he fails to notice the subtle shift in the Dragon's posture; Collin cranes his neck over the two combatants, neither of whom were expecting his reach to be as far as it was. The Commander looks up, and tries to dodge out of the way, but he is too late!

Collin bites the Commander savagely on the neck, tearing a large chunk of leathery flesh off, causing the Commander's blood to spray Dewydd, covering the retired mercenary in EVEN MORE gore!

The Commander collapses to the ground, clutching his neck, unable to scream, managing only a slight gurgle!

Collin says, in the Common tongue, "Fear not, Human, I am on your side, and I have prevented them from sounding the alarm!"


00-The-Grand-Hallway-Base-Map-01e.png


GM: At this point, to make the battle go faster, I am changing the Commander's initiative to 15a, just before Kleborn. That way, I don't have to make a separate post just to say that he continues to bleed out.




Hill Giant #3 continues to bleed out.

GM: Hill Giant #3 [-5, Dying]




KLEBORN: It's Your Turn! What do you do?


[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

9th Round:

Respen: 25 [14 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a

The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e

Dewydd: 20a [30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b1 [5 Damage]
Dire Ape: 19b2
Sylvar: 19c [8 Damage]

Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e

Dire Wolves: 17f

Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]

Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Dying / Bleeding Out) (12,15): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f

"Collin" The Gold Dragon: 16h

Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3) [Bleeding Out]: 15a
Kleborn: 15b [23 Damage]

Valoran The Axe: 10a
Vale: 10b [45 Damage; Severely Wounded!]

Remaining Hill Giant Guard (#4): 0 (DEAD LAST)





"Collin" The Gold Dragon = Grievously Wounded(159)

Prince Kraven = Dead
Snoggrella (M1)= Dead
Greenmuggella (M2)= Dead
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dead
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Dead
Vulka = STASIS
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)=Dead Forever
Elder Kragg (S3)=Dead Forever
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 = Dying (-5)
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs; Current Move Rate: 45 ft. (Potion)
H5 =Dead
H6 =Dead Forever
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Dead
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-8)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dead
H20 =Dead
H21 =Dead
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: "Collin" The Gold Dragon, H3, H4, Dewydd

Dewydd's AC until his next turn: 24. (Heedless Charge)

The Dungeon Master said:
(on 12-16-2017, Chapter 4 Thread, pp. 27, reply #270)

For the sake of continuity, I am going to say that the following party members had the following amounts of arrows:

Tam = 2 Quivers
Thallok = 1 Quiver
Kleborn = 1 Quiver
It seems that I messed up; Sylvar shouldn't have the Elven Arrows on him. So I will say that the arrows had been split differently; instead of two quivers, Tam-Tam is only carrying one; that makes sense anyway, since he's a little guy.

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): [16] Fired so far: 9 (7 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.
Elven Arrows Remaining (Thallok): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Kleborn): [20] Fired so far: 0
Elven Arrows Remaining (Sylvar): [20] Fired so far: 9 (11 remaining); have not checked for retrieval.

LINK TO LOOT LIST: CLICK HERE
[/sblock]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Thallok's Pursuit Movement [SUPPLEMENTAL POST]

GM: SUPPLEMENTAL POST: THALLOK'S PURSUIT MOVEMENT


GM:
Thallok's base move: 30 ft. w/ Haste: 60 ft.
Pursuit movement (x4): 240 ft.


Thallok races North, then back down the hallway where the maids came from. Passing down the hallway, he spies two more maids, both of whom are cowering, having heard the sounds of battle. They do not appear aggressive, so Thallok passes them by.

Thallok makes it to the point indicated on the map. As he does so, he hears a booming (yet muffled) voice coming from the door at the South end of the hallway. He cannot make out what the voice is saying.



00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A7m1.png
 

redraider629

Explorer
All that has happened is a lot for Kleborn to take in. he thinks to himself ~what have I gotten myself into? I remember when fighting a ghost was difficult, now that seems preferable.~ The thought doesn't last long, he knows this is where he needs to be, plus it looks like another adventure is upon him. He looks back at Sylvar and shudders a little ~we need to fix him ASAP.~

He listens to Thallok say something about the giants coming from a hall to the south, then watches him take off. He shrugs his shoulders and says "That orc, always on the move." He tells the others, "I think I will follow Red." He quickly follows him in pursuit of whatever it is he is following.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM: Kleborn makes it to Square #G6. I will update the map at a later time. Kleborn makes it to that position without incident, seeing exactly what Thallok saw, except that he also noticed two additional things:

Vertical Doorway (N11-N10): The sounds of snoring.

Horizontal Doorway (N-O 6): The sounds of.... battle?!? Or maybe some loud raucous? A wild party? You can't be sure.



Valoran The Axe pipes up, in the Common tongue: "Lads, the Priestess is dead, ye hath won a great victory, I'd suggest retreating and regrouping. I can still hear the noise of the heavy rain outside. Those Orcs outside probably don't have a clue that anything's wrong... yet. Take a few minutes to gather what ye may, then beat a hasty retreat. My guess is that the Orc Commander will likely come knocking once the rain stops, wanting further orders, or perhaps wanting to make his regular report."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
SUPPLEMENTAL POST: NOTES FOR LOOTING

GM: GM Notes on Various Things That the Party Needs to Know:


GM:
Figuring out the dimensions of objects and how they would stack inside the portable hole is an exercise in tedium that I am not willing to undertake. I will therefore handle it as follows:

A portable hole is 6 feet in diameter, and 10 feet deep, and cylinder-shaped.
A cylinder of that size is 283 cubic feet in size.
1 cubic foot of water weighs 63 pounds.

Therefore, a portable hole, which can hold 283 cubic feet worth of water, will hold (63 x 283) = 17,829 pounds.
I am rounding this up to an even 18,000 pounds.

So, keep a running total of the weight of the items that have been placed inside the hole. As long as it does not exceed 18,000 pounds worth of stuff, it will all "somehow" fit. (Hey, it's magic!)

REMEMBER: You need to go back to the previous loot list, and figure out the weight of all that stuff, and add it to the combined total also.

Gear for Large-sized creatures weighs twice as much as gear for Medium-sized creatures.
A giant-sized suit of Banded Mail weighs 70 lbs.
A giant-sized suit of Chain Mail weighs 80 lbs.
A giant-sized suit of Splint Mail weighs 90 lbs.
A giant-sized Greatsword weighs 16 lbs.

Hill Giant Adults are about 10½ feet tall and weigh about 1,100 pounds.

Cloud Giant Adult Males are about 18 feet tall and weigh about 5,000 pounds (Delliak and Vulka were not quite that big; Delliak was only 13'6" tall because of his youth. Vulka, being female, was 16'6" tall. Delliak weighed 3,800 lbs. Vulka weighed 4,600 lbs.)

Taking a suit of armor off of a Giant corpse will require 1.5 minutes (15 rounds) and people doing so need to have the following STR scores:

1,100 / 5 = 220 Max Load (i.e., 1,100 lbs. lift & drag) 16 STR to be able to strip the Hill Giants
(including Nosnra, Kraven, and Darius)

3,800 / 5 = 760 Max Load (i.e., 3,800 lbs. lift & drag) 25 STR to be able to strip Delliak
4,600 / 5 = 920 Max Load (i.e., 4,600 lbs. lift & drag) 26 STR to be able to strip Vulka

Thus, unless someone in the party has a 25 Str, it will be impossible to strip the armor off of Delliak.

Vulka turned to ash and reformed; therefore, her gear is simply lying on the floor, and can be gathered up and stored rather quickly.

Several corpses may be stripped simultaneously, if the party has enough members with a 16 STR. So you need to figure out who is strong enough, and have each of those party members stripping armor simultaneously. Then do the math, and post the results on LINE chat.

For example, if there are three party members who have the required strength, figure out the total time required, and divide that total by 3, to find how long it takes 3 people working simultaneously to complete the task.

There are 15 suits of Giant-sized (Large) Drow Banded Mail. (Hill Giants)

There are 2 suits of Giant-sized (Large) Drow Chain Mail that don't need to be stripped
(the two Stone Giant Elders turned to ash.)

There is 1 suit of Giant-sized (Large) Drow Chain Mail (third Elder Stone Giant) (I'll say a 17 STR to remove that one)
There are 4 suits of Giant-sized (Large) *Silenced* Drow Chain Mail (2 on Hill Giants, 1 on Vulka, 1 on Delliak)
There are 5 suits of Giant-sized (Large) Drow Splint Mail (Ogres; I'll say only a 14 STR to remove those)
There are 26 Masterwork Giant-sized (Large) Greatswords
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Back On His Feet

~ Now I didn’t quite expect that ~

Vale, seeing the reactions of everyone to Vulka’s end, as well as hearing and seeing the Dying Curse (and the Axe’s alarm at getting out of here), remains measured.

OOC: Vale uses his last hasted action to cast Cure Serious Wounds (13 hp per rolz...sucks ass) and moves full possible movement back to where Thallok & Kleborn are headed (the hallway). He winks at the former dwarven captive and Duncan & Ebony.


To Duncan & Co. “Top of the morning to ye! Busy morning. Lots to do!
To Axe, “Thank you for the healing. Let’s be about an orderly and thorough retreat. But first, let’s pick apart what we can.
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
CURRENT LOOT & RELATED

Current Portable Hole Can Hold 18,000 lbs.
(Pursuant to DM discretion)

Current contents, including all Armor/weapons from Great Hall Giant Clash,
(w/Delliak & Vulka Armor), but NOT items still to be found or retrieved weigh
approximately 9,220 lbs.

In addition, Vale has Magic Haversack.
The party has 5 Tenser’s Floating Disk spells
(Each capable of moving 300 lbs) for 3 hours ea.
(Assuming 3rd Level creation).

[sblock=Screenshots of Loot Data]

DB23615A-7E0B-446C-A4A9-3E300EB8A2EB.png
CF5C84B9-550B-4422-8F8B-5003682726A4.png
793952A2-4F00-4B81-B869-FE45CDC86AC1.jpg
86E619E1-BA3D-4B18-90B3-5E3242EC5EB4.png
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
As Sylvar works to strip the clothes off the stuffed barbarian he becomes increasingly frustrated...He thinks to himself, --If Uller helped me kill Vulka, surely he is greater than Lolth-- Sylvar speaks out loud... "Uller turn your eyes upon your champion, look at my current condition. Another, lesser god has dared to curse your chosen. I implore you, come to my aide once again." With great expectation, Sylvar waits for the curse to be lifted.
 

Advertisement

Top