3.5 HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Seeing Dewyyd stalk out of the room Sylvar mutters...What an oaf, rushing off to die. Nevertheless Sylvar rushes in behind Dewydd, sword drawn....as he walks down the hallway Sylvar activates his cloak of Major Displacement.
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Moves In Behind Dewydd, Lathir, and Sylvar

~ Val, the mercenary is foolhardy and in a hurry to die. Lest death catch up with him, we need to move up. ~

Vale moves quickly, or rather, as quickly as a dwarf shall let him. Having entered the courtyard behind the others, as Sylvar, Tam, and Respen investigate the outbuilding, Vale moves toward the double doors in the southeastern end of the courtyard and enters behind Dewydd, with Lathir and Sylvar. Whispering to the Axe as he moves across the courtyard, "Val, we are among giant-kin. Use ye powers to tell us what's here, and keep them looking about so we may know what lies ahead and behind. If I place my hand on another, can your information impart from you to me to another?" He puts his hand on Dewydd's arm, following him up the corridor, and taking in what the Axe can see with its dark-vision, blind-sense, and hearing. " Before the bloodlust gets the better of you, Dewydd, let the axe tell us where they are. Would be nice to know, eh? "

OOC: NOTE: Axe has these three (3) abilities to 120'; DM should consider the powers activated the entire time in the fort unless the Axe chooses to turn them off. 2nd NOTE: Vale is talking as Dewydd is moving across the courtyard to the double doors and puts his hand on Dewydd's arm at the door. Please consider simultaneous action as Dewydd nor Lathir's spells should not lose more than a round more pausing for just a moment for Val the Axe to respond.
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen Moves Out of Outbuildings Into The Fort

~ We can come back to this. ~

"Tam, they are moving into the main fort! Come quickly, we can come back to this."

Respen abandons his attempt with Tam to investigate the chests and moves quickly out into the courtyard and into the fort proper behind the others. His elven scout training takes over, taking in every part of the structure. He stands with Lathir at the ready.

OOC: Waiting for Dewydd's action
 

Waynan

Explorer
Tam quickly follows Respen, disappointed in the lack of challenge to his skills in checking out and opening the chests, and disappointed also in the pitiful contents within.

"But,", he thinks to himself,"what should one expect from Ogres and Giants when they put old, moldering suits of armor in chests and treasures in a sack>"

Even for an Elf, Respen's strides are hard to keep up with for Tam; but, he manages to stay on his heels.
 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Pausing for a moment, Dewydd looks to Vale with urgency in his eyes. "Speak quickly - others are suffering. If needs be I will keep the fiends busy while you all find the drow.
If the enemy are on the other side of the door, it will make a fine chokepoint. None will pass me while I live. If someone can enlarge me, it will aid in stopping the enemy."


I buff myself with one last spell. My appearance is suddenly more refreshed and revitalized. My blade looks like it has just been sharpened and my armor polished.
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar rushes over to Tam and puts a hand on him...Tam, I'm going to make you invisible...go about freely and cause mayhem...with this spell you may attack and you will not be seen...

OOC: Sylvar's accent changes so that seen and been rhyme (Think Irish)


Fear the unseen
Mischief and Mayhem are your domain
Eris looks proudly
Chaos left where you have been


Sylvar resumes his position slightly behind and to the right of Dewyyd sword in his dominant hand, wand of hold person in the other. He will hold position as Dewyyd advances.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn: Kleborn goes and stand with Dewydd with his sword drawn. "I am with you mate." He then turns his attention to the axe to see what it has to say.

Thallok: "I'm interested in hearing what that axe of yours has to say Vale. It has not led us astray yet."
 

Waynan

Explorer
Sylvar said:
...Sylvar rushes over to Tam and puts a hand on him...Tam, I'm going to make you invisible...go about freely and cause mayhem...with this spell you may attack and you will not be seen...
Tam, realizing the possibilities, thanks Sylvar and immediately moves on toward the door behind him (#4). Suspecting the possibilities of reinforcements, Tam checks the door to see if it opens in or out so he can determine how to jam it shut to stall reinforcements as much as possible.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Supplemental Info on the Inside of the Giant Fort (PART ONE)

While inside the fort, the characters all notice the following:

GM:
All outer walls are of logs, which are at least 3 ft. in diameter. Inner walls, dividing rooms, and the like are about 2 ft. thick, and doors are great, iron-bound, log affairs of 1 ft. thickness, single doors being approximately 6' wide and 10' high. All inside floors are of stone. Ceiling height varies from about 18 ft. at the edges, 24 ft. in most hallways, to 36 ft. at the center, and there are great, blackened rafters above which hold up the roof.


GM:
Being a "log cabin" fort, the "stone floors" are actually cobblestone, not paved stone; that is, flat stones of various sizes, ranging from small to medium, which are held together by a crude, mud-based mortar, like so:


Cobblestone Example 001.png

While the characters are moving into position, Nel retrieves a scroll from her backpack, and hands it to Respen, saying, "I have 5 scrolls tucked away for a rainy day. Two are offensive, and three are defensive. This is one of the offensive ones. It's a powerful Fireball spell, well beyond my skill to cast. I'm hoping it's not beyond yours."

GM:
Scroll: Delayed Blast Fireball, caster level: 13. Damage: 13d6. To cast: Caster Level Check, DC 14.


Vale's axe communicates the following to him, as people are moving into position: ~There are MANY foes nearby! They all seem to be in the room up ahead, where the screams and laughter are coming from. There are more than 30 of them; I'm sensing mostly Ogres and Giants, but there at least two Demihumans as well. They're probably the ones doing the screaming; Giant-kin are fond of Demihuman flesh. Ye'd best hurry lad, lives are at stake!~

GM:

END OF PART ONE. PART TWO COMING SOON.

 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar casts Haste on everyone within range.

GM:
Remember, folks, we're using the OTTER version of Haste, which can be found HERE.


GM:
At 11th level, Haste gives the following bonuses:

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding;

Jumping distance for affected creatures is calculated, then multiplied by 1.25 (round down.)

Affected creatures have a +30 ft. increase to their movement speed.

Affected creatures receive a Dodge Bonus of +2 to Reflex Saving Throws, and a Dodge Bonus of +2 to AC.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GUARDS! KNIGHTS! SQUIRES! ... PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

As Sylvar is casting Haste (which will affect the whole party, with the exception of Tam and Lathir, who are out of range) Nelvandra casts Shield upon herself.

GM:
Actions Taken During The Prep Round:

Everyone was allowed to move to whatever positions they wanted to start from.

Dewydd: Talk, Cast Sheltered Vitality.

Vale: Talk.

Respen: Talk.

Nel: Talk, Cast Shield.

Sylvar: Talk, Cast Haste.

Tam: Talk, Wedge Door Shut. [This action was successful. The door will have a Burst DC (Str Check) of 21.]

Lathir: Guarding at rear position.

Kleborn: Talk, Guarding at front position.

Thallok: Talk, Guarding at front position.


Final Positions At Start:

00-Big-Map-Giant-Hallway-001f.jpg

GM:

BEGINNING OF COMBAT COMING SOON!

 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
TURNING POINT: THE BATTLE OF THE HILL GIANT STEADING!

GM: TURNING POINT: THE BATTLE OF THE HILL GIANT STEADING!


Dewydd throws open the doors, catching the Giants by surprise! The two Ogres who were standing guard are whacked in the face, as the doors swing inward at a high rate of speed! Both Ogres #6 and #7 are displaced from their original positions, 5 ft. diagonally left (Southwest.)

GM:
Ogre #6 takes 2 points of non-lethal damage.
Ogre #7 takes 1 point of non-lethal damage.


Dewydd charges the closest Ogre Guard (#6), bringing his sword to bear with devastating effect! He slices the Ogre with an upswing, from crotch to eyeball, without losing a beat. A fine, red, bloody mist rains down in the area around the enraged warrior!

GM:
Dewydd Charges / Maximum Power Attack!
Dewydd hits AC 21 (hit.)
Damage: 64 pts.

Ogre #6: -35, Dead.


The hapless Ogre never sees his death coming; he slumps to the ground, his spirit already in flight to the afterlife before Dewydd's blade even finishes the arc of its movement.

GM:
PRESENTING: The Biggest, Most Grandiose, Battle Map I Have Ever Drawn!



00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001b.jpg

The scene before you is a LOT to take in; basically, what you've just entered is a large, feast hall, with a fire pit in the center of the room. Apparently, there is some sort of ceremonial breakfast in progress, to honor what appear to be visiting dignitaries. There is a long table for the VIPs along the North wall, and other tables of guests in various positions around the room, as explained below. There is all manner of food laid out on the tables, including bread, butter, bacon, eggs, cheese, and potatoes, none of which looks to be palatable by non-Giants. Apparently, Giants have no concern for mold, spoilage, or for under-cooked pork. All of the party members have seen better-looking food in the garbage heap behind the local tavern.

In the middle of the room, are the Ogre Chef and his two Sous Chefs, about to put three prisoners onto the rotisserie; two Dwarf females, and one Halfling female. You get the feeling that these prisoners are to be a special part of the breakfast, served only to the head table. The prisoners have their feet and wrists bound together, and are hanging by their wrists from chains which are attached to the ceiling. They are crying and screaming; one Dwarf is screaming insults at the three Ogre Chefs, while the other Dwarf and the Halfling are sobbing, wailing, and begging for mercy. There is also a dead prisoner lying in a pool of his own blood on the floor, a Dwarven male, probably the angry Dwarf's mate, who was (and still is) bound in a similar manner.

Apparently, one of the Sous Chefs (#2) has just recently stabbed the male Dwarf with a huge knife, because the blood looks very fresh. This is probably what caused the females to begin screaming and wailing. Judging by the fact that the now-empty chain is still dangling and swaying, the Sous Chef has just finished taking the male Dwarf off of his "hanger" and is in the process of placing him on a skewer, to be placed, in turn, on the rotisserie which adorns the fire pit.

On the Northern wall, the VIPs are seated at a grand table; Thallok recognizes most of them. There are Chief Nosnra (N), his wife, the Half-Hill Giant / Half-Cloud Giant Priestess Vulka (W), the Hill Giant Sub-Chief, Witch Doctor Darris (SC), three unknown Stone Giants dressed in tribal garb (a la Medicine Men, or perhaps Tribal Elders), an unknown Cloud Giant Youth, dressed in regal-looking armor, and three of Nosnra's Hill Giant Commanders (recognizable because of their armor and insignia.) Everyone at the head table is fully armored, and has their weaponry on the table in front of them, within easy reach.

In front of the table is the Honor Guard, which consists of four of Nosnra's Hill Giant Warriors, and Nosnra's pet Dire Bear, Tiny. The Honor Guard are fully armed and armored, and are actually holding their weapons, standing at attention.

On the other side of the fire pit, is a large table filled with more (8) of Nosnra's Hill Giants. The Giants at this table are wearing armor, but do not carry any noticeable weaponry, although dinner knives and serving forks abound on all the tables.

The two small tables on the Southeast and Southwest sides of the room hold three Hill Giants each, and none of these Giants is armored, nor armed. Again, there are plenty of sharp utensils to be had.

The Ogre Cooking Team in the middle is unarmored, and armed only with chef knives and skewers. However, the remaining Ogres in the room are all pulling guard duty, and are placed about the room in various positions, fully armed and armored.

Unlike the ones you have seen on patrol, the Ogres and Hill Giants inside this place are all armed with Greatswords, not clubs. Perhaps it is a badge of rank, to have the privilege of carrying these weapons? You can't be certain. But it makes sense.

Lastly, there are three glaring absences; you see no sign of the Drow Mage, no sign of the Wolf Master, and not a single Troll.

Important Detail: Vulka is wearing the emblems of the Priesthood of Lolth.

GM:
Initiative Order:

Surprise Round:

Dewydd: 20a
Respen: 20b
Kleborn: 20c
Nelvandra: 20d
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Lathir: 17
Vale: 10

Following Round (1st Normal Round):

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


[sblock=Remaining Durations of The Party's Buff Spells:]
This total is as of the Initial Surprise Round of combat:

Dewydd's Buffs:
Abjurant Armor [+8] 10 hours [6,000 Rounds] = 5,983 Rounds Remaining
Alter Self 50 minutes. [500 Rounds] = 483 Rounds Remaining
Shield [+8] 12 minutes. [120 Rounds] = 103 Rounds Remaining
Protection from Evil 10 minutes. [100 Rounds] = 83 Rounds Remaining
Blur 5 minutes. [50 Rounds] = 33 Rounds Remaining
Mirror Image 5 minutes. [50 Rounds] = 33 Rounds Remaining
Sheltered Vitality 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 59 Rounds Remaining

Interfaith Blessing (Everyone) 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 43 Rounds Remaining

Bull's Strength (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 93 Rounds Remaining
Cat's Grace (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 107 Rounds Remaining

Greater Invisibility (Tam) 11 Rounds. = 10 Rounds Remaining.
Haste (Everyone Except Tam & Lathir) 11 Rounds. = 10 Rounds Remaining

Shield (Nel) 4 Minutes. [40 Rounds] = 39 Rounds Remaining.
[/sblock]

IT IS NOW RESPEN'S TURN! Respen, what do you do?
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen Attacks The Giants In Their Hall (Surprise Round)

~ ...Something wicked this way comes... ~

With Sylvar's spell hasting their actions, Dewydd's attack seems in slow motion to Respen. The door is shoved open, and Dewydd's blade making barely a sound, and the mist of blood spraying from the ogre's femoral and carotid arteries. Dewydd's attack might be considered artful, if such at thing could be. The blood sprayed wildly against the column as the ogre's body collapsed, cleaved nearly in two. If any of the party was looking, they'd have seen the faintest curls of a smile on Respen's face.

Respen moves decisively, as only an elven scout can, rushing past Vale, staying low and quick, moving with purpose 20' into the room, 40' from his position near Nel in the corridor. His hands seems in slow motion, the scroll's command word lifting and burning off of the scroll as his whispers it, "Bel-o-naur!." The scroll folds immediately into a bead, glowing a flickering orange between his thumb and forefinger, turning from the bead into a burning marble. In the moment he moves into the great hall, taking notice of the numbers around him, he picks his targets, and as he comes to a stop, he simply points at the dire-bear laying at the foot of the head table. He can see the marble out of his hand, moving as slowly as Dewydd seems to be, until it is 3 feet from his fingers...and then it zips toward the bear, coming to a stop on the floor near its feet. In a second move, Respen repeats the spell, this time from memory, and slightly different, slightly longer, "Bel-in a cor naur." with hand gestures to focus the spell. Another bead forms, this one leaping from his hand the moment it is cast. The two arrive maybe a 1 count apart, and do...nothing...for another 1 count. Then they explode in white-hot brilliance with staccato whooshes as the air is displaced by the magic fireballs, the first blast much more powerful than the second, but coming so close together as to appear to be one in the same. The attack is withering, subjecting the head table to temperatures meant for their would-have-been meal.

Withdrawing immediately back to the column behind him, Respen crouches against the north side of it, surveying the entirety of the room, looking specifically at where enemies or doors may be. Surprise hopefully having taken its toll, he prepares to launch another attack.

OOC: Respen casts Delayed Blast Fireball from Nel's scroll, followed up immediately with a known regular Fireball spell. Combined damage = 56 and 32 = 88 hp.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Battle is Off to an Explosive Start!

THE BATTLE IS OFF TO AN EXPLOSIVE START!​


Respen said:
"...Respen moves decisively, as only an elven scout can, rushing past Vale, staying low and quick, moving with purpose 20' into the room, 40' from his position near Nel in the corridor."
Respen, aided by Sylvar's Haste spell, is moving very quickly; he darts into the room with the speed of a Quickling!

Respen said:
"...as he comes to a stop, he simply points at the dire-bear laying at the foot of the head table...Respen repeats the spell, this time from memory, and slightly different, slightly longer, "Bel-in a cor naur."
Respen's eyes narrow in anger, as he targets the miscreants at the head table, in whose honor these prisoners are being tortured and killed.

GM:
Respen is under two different Haste effects; Haste spells do not stack, but I am allowing Sylvar's Haste spell to grant a bonus to Respen's movement rate, and the BELT OF BATTLE to overlap the rest of Sylvar's spell, in favor of its own, superior bonuses. Thus, Respen is granted he following bonuses:

Sylvar's Haste Spell: +30 ft. to Movement Rate (70' total Movement Rate)
Belt of Battle: (Having used 3 charges): +1 full round of action. (An additional Move Action, for a total of 2 Movement Actions, and an additional Standard Action, for a total of 2 Standard Actions.)

So:

Swift Action: Spend 3 charges on the Belt of Battle.
Move Action #1: Move into the room.
Standard Action #1: Cast Delayed Blast Fireball from Clare's scroll.
Standard Action #2: Cast Fireball.
Move Action #2: Move behind the column.


[sblock=Area of Effect for Both Fireballs]
Fireball-Area-001.jpg
[/sblock]

Two Fireball spells rock the great dining hall with sequential, rumbling explosions, destroying the banquet table, and causing severe burns to most of its occupants. The Giants scream in agony as they are all severely burned; however, all of them are still alive, and bent upon revenge for this intrusion!

Respen said:
Withdrawing immediately back to the column behind him, Respen crouches against the north side of it, surveying the entirety of the room, looking specifically at where enemies or doors may be.
Vulka screams in anger, pointing to the column where Respen is hiding, "Вбий ельфа! Тисячу золота для гіганта, який приносить мені свою голову!"

[sblock=If You Speak Giant]
Vulka screams in anger, pointing to the column where Respen is hiding, "Kill that Elf! A thousand gold to the Giant who brings me his head!"
[/sblock]

Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001c.jpg

KLEBORN: It's Your Turn! What Do You Do?

[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

Surprise Round:


Dewydd: 20a
Respen: 20b
Kleborn: 20c
Nelvandra: 20d
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Lathir: 17
Vale: 10


Following Round (1st Normal Round):

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre #6 = Dead
Tiny = Severely Wounded (72)
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (88)
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (88)
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (72)
Darris = Severely Wounded (72)
Elder Kanor= Severely Wounded (88)
H5 = Severely Wounded (88)
H6 = Severely Wounded (72)
H11 = Moderately Wounded (44)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn watches in somewhat disbelief as the foes still stand after Respen's fireball. He thinks to himself ~This is going to be a tad more difficult than I thought.~ He then looks at the slain Ogre and a smile breaks out on his face, and he thinks ~I guess I will just have to do what I am good at.~ He quickly approaches Giant #1, dancing in with the practiced ease of a champion fencer, and using his longsword, he strikes the Giant with all the fury he can muster, and afterward, he jumps back to where he was standing behind the door.

OOC: Kleborn uses Spring Attack, and being Hasted, is able to attack twice.


OOC:
Sword attack=21
Sword Attack=33
Damage from first strike if it hits=16
Damage from second sword attack=14
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Kleborn's attacks are well-timed, and delivered with precision. Both sword strikes find the Giant's legs, and readily draw blood.

GM:
Both attacks hit. Giant #1 (one of the Commanders) takes a total of 30 points of damage.


The Giant looks at Kleborn with sheer rage, and obviously intends to follow him, once he is able to.

NELVANDRA'S ACTION is coming next. Stay tuned.

[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

Surprise Round:


Dewydd: 20a
Respen: 20b
Kleborn: 20c
Nelvandra: 20d
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Lathir: 17
Vale: 10


Following Round (1st Normal Round):

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre #6 = Dead
Tiny = Severely Wounded (72)
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (88)
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (88)
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (72)
Darris = Severely Wounded (72)
Elder Kanor= Severely Wounded (88)
H5 = Severely Wounded (88)
H6 = Severely Wounded (72)
H11 = Moderately Wounded (44)
H1 = Lightly Wounded (30)
[/sblock]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Nelvandra Stirs The Pot!

Nelvandra moves up directly behind Vale (a distance of 20') and casts Magic Missile at the Giant Commander that Kleborn attacked.

Nelvandra smiles, "That was two to the legs; here's two to the chest!"

[sblock=Nel's range to Giant #1]
Nels-Spell-Range-001.jpg
[/sblock]

GM:
2 Missiles, 1d4+1 Each.
Damage: 6 pts. total.
Giant #1 has taken a total of 36 points of damage.


The Giant winces in pain as the magical energy bolts slam into his chest.
He screams, "Маленькі помилки! Я обмотаю вас обома під п'ятою!"

[sblock=If You Speak Giant]
He screams, "Little bugs! I will grind you both beneath my heel!"
[/sblock]

Current Positions:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001d.jpg


TAM-TAM: It's Your Turn! What do you do?





[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

Surprise Round:


Dewydd: 20a
Respen: 20b
Kleborn: 20c
Nelvandra: 20d
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Lathir: 17
Vale: 10


Following Round (1st Normal Round):

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre #6 = Dead
Tiny = Severely Wounded (72)
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (88)
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (88)
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (72)
Darris = Severely Wounded (72)
Elder Kanor= Severely Wounded (88)
H5 = Severely Wounded (88)
H6 = Severely Wounded (72)
H11 = Moderately Wounded (44)
H1 = Lightly Wounded (36)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Explorer
Tam-Tam, upon seeing the milieu behind the doors, momentarily forgets he has been rendered invisible and moves to the corner of the wall opposite him, heading towards Lathir, to hide himself from all those eyes within. He peers around the corner and sees the beginnings of battle. The sundered Ogre by Dewydd's blade; and then the great flashes of fire from Respen and indigo energy darts from Nelvandra, all at a speed of movement that could be missed with a mere blink of an eye. Realizing the magnitude of this encounter, Tam turns to Lathir:

"Vsst. Vsst! Lathir." Tam starts with a hoarse whisper, for his mouth has dried up with fear, not for himself necessarily, but for all of them,"Lathir! You better come see this. Now!".

Upon gaining Lathir's attention, he waves to him to approach, again forgetting he is invisible in his excited state, and adds sheepishly: "Please hurry."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar takes a step forward so he can see the priestess and summons a Celestial Bison. The Bison appears nearly directly in front of Vulka and charges...the entire weight of its 1800lb frame behind its horns.

Sylvar directs it to use it's smite evil ability.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Charge of the Bison!

Sylvar summons a large, glowing bull, which charges immediately, bringing its horns to bear!

The 3.5 Player's Handbook said:
Summon Monster: This spell summons an extraplanar creature (typically an outsider, elemental, or magical beast native to another plane). It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn.
[sblock=Celestial Bison Stats]
CELESTIAL BISON
Extra-planar Large Animal
Hit Dice: 5d8+15 (37 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 13 (–1 size, +4 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+13
Attack: Gore +8 melee (1d8+9) [Treat as Magical Weapons for DR]
Full Attack: Gore +8 melee (1d8+9)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Stampede, Smite Good (+5 Damage vs. Evil Opponent, Once Per Day)
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, Darkvision 60', DR 5/Magic, Acid, Cold, and Electricity Resistance: 5
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 3, Wis 11, Cha 4
Skills: Listen +7, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness, Endurance
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Solitary or herd (6–30)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Challenge Rating: 3
Advancement: 6–7 HD (Large)
[/sblock]

GM:
Charging: +2 To Attack, -2 To AC (11)
Vulka is Flat-Footed (No Dex Mod to AC)
Result = 21 (Miss)


The Bison appears, directly south of Hill Giant #7, and charges (diagonally, NW) toward the Giantess, who simply lifts her leg slightly, and allows the beast to careen harmlessly off of her massive knee! Vulka laughs at the Bison's feeble attack!


Current Positions of All Combatants:

GM: Please note: Giants w/o arms and armor are un-marked; Giants with Armor Only are marked "A"; Giants with Armor & Weapons are marked "AW"; All Ogres except the Chef ("C") and the Sous Chefs ("SC") are armed and armored.


00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001e.png



GM:
Since there have been some discussions on the LINE chat as to how the hallways line up with the room, I am posting a map that shows the positioning of all of the areas that the party has explored thusfar.


[sblock=Map of What the Party Has Explored]
000 - Overall Detailed Map of Partys Exploration-001.png
[/sblock]



THALLOK: It's Your Turn! What do you do?


[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

Surprise Round:


Dewydd: 20a
Respen: 20b
Kleborn: 20c
Nelvandra: 20d
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Lathir: 17
Vale: 10


Following Round (1st Normal Round):

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre #6 = Dead
Tiny = Severely Wounded (72)
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (88)
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (88)
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (72)
Darris = Severely Wounded (72)
Elder Kanor= Severely Wounded (88)
H5 = Severely Wounded (88)
H6 = Severely Wounded (72)
H11 = Moderately Wounded (44)
H1 = Lightly Wounded (36)
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top