log in or register to remove this ad

 

HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Supplemental Info on How the Giants are Equipped

GM:
The following is some supplemental info that the party needs to consider, when deciding who and how to attack:

Chief Nosnra is wearing Silenced Drow Chain (Full Suit) and fights with a Runic Greatsword (obviously magical.)

Priestess Vulka is also wearing Silenced Drow Chain (Full Suit) and fights with a Runic Morningstar (obviously magical.)

Sub-Chief Darris is wearing Silver Bracers and a Golden Ring (probably magical.) He has no visible weapons.

Prince Delliak is also wearing Silenced Drow Chain (Full Suit) and fights with a Runic Morningstar (obviously magical.) He and Vulka look like twins.

The Stone Giant Elders are wearing Silenced Drow Chain (Full Suit) and fight with what look to be Masterwork Greatclubs.

The Ogre Guards, and the Hill Giants who have armor, are all wearing Drow-crafted, black, Splint Mail. The Ogre Guards and the Hill Giants who have weapons all look to be wielding Masterwork Greatswords.

The Hill Giant Guards and Commanders are all wearing Drow-crafted, black, Banded Mail.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok's first desire is to take out Nosnra, he thinks to himself how poetic it would be if Nosnra's death came at his blade. The thought excites him so much that he begins to move toward Nosnra, but then reality faces him. He realizes that would not be the best move for him or the party. He figures he will just have to wait until the opportunity arises, or perhaps one of his companions would beat him to killing the foul leader.

In somewhat frustration he begins to examine his options. "Out of all these attacks only one death, how frustrating, I must be smart about this." Thallok says, mostly to himself, but loud enough for those around him to hear. He then eyes Ogre # 7 and exclaims, "You will do just fine."

He approaches the Ogre and using the mountain hammer strike in hopes it will provide the extra damage needed to take down the ugly creature before him.

OOC:
first strike=21
Extra attack=24
damage if either hits
first=13
second=11
mountain hammer damage=3
Mountain hammer damage for second attack=10
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Thallok's Charge!

Thallok charges the Ogre Guard, calling upon his inner power to bring the wrath of The Stone Dragon down upon the Ogre's head!

GM:
Attack #1: (21) = Hit
Attack #2: (24) = Hit
Attack # 1 Damage: 10+3 = 13 pts.
Attack # 2 Damage: 14+10 = 24 pts.

Ogre #7: -8, Dying.


Thallok's charge catches the guard unawares, his first strike with his Falchion hitting the cretin in the lower abdomen, slicing from left to right; as the Ogre doubles over in extreme pain, Thallok's riposte rips through his collarbone, dropping him instantly. The Ogre slumps to the ground, where he begins to bleed out.

Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001f.png


LATHIR: It's Your Turn! What do you want to do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

Surprise Round:


Dewydd: 20a
Respen: 20b
Kleborn: 20c
Nelvandra: 20d
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Lathir: 17
Vale: 10


Following Round (1st Normal Round):

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Tiny = Severely Wounded (72)
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (88)
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (88)
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (72)
Darris = Severely Wounded (72)
Elder Kanor= Severely Wounded (88)
H5 = Severely Wounded (88)
H6 = Severely Wounded (72)
H11 = Moderately Wounded (44)
H1 = Lightly Wounded (36)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Tam turns to Lathir:
"Lathir! You better come see this. Now!".
Unable to see Tam, but recognizing the voice, Lathir readily realizes that he must be hidden from view. He also recognizes the urgency in the voice. He takes off at a dead run toward the party, shifting to the form of a dire wolf even as he takes his first step.

Charging down the hallway at a speed only 4 legs could carry him, he rounds the corner to see the vastness of the enemy before him. A brief thought crosses his mind as he runs.
~I want these monsters to think I am one of their wolves. I sure hope my friends realize that I am not.~

Lathir / Wolf pauses for moment, just beside Tam as he gauges room, his tongue lolling out of his mouth, a vulpine grin upon the wolfish face.
OOC: Begining in the NW corner, stone spikes fill 11, 20' squares which immediately effects everyone from H3 - N and south through H21 - H19, except O5


[sblock=Hallway Map With Lathir's Current Position]
00-Big-Map-Giant-Hallway-001h.jpg
[/sblock]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lathir's Timely Arrival!

Lathir reaches the corner, appearing as the largest Dire Wolf anyone has ever seen; the party's first thought is of panic, because of the fear of being flanked by the Wolves from the yard. But when the Wolf begins to yip, causing swirls of energy to form around its snout, everyone realizes that normal Dire Wolves aren't spellcasters; this must be Lathir!

GM:
Shifted form: Dire Lion, but for cosmetic effect, appearing as a Dire Wolf.


Lathir casts Spike Stones over more than half the area of the room! The stones of the cobblestone floor suddenly form into jagged spikes, springing upwards to skewer the unsuspecting Giants and their kin! The Giants yelp in surprise, as some of them suffer agonizing wounds to their lower legs!

GM:
Spike Stones DC: 20

Failed Saves:
Elder Kanor: (9) = Failed (4 Damage) (Half Move 24 Hrs)
Ogre #8: (7) = Failed (7 Damage) (Half Move 24 Hrs)
Hill Giants #2,3,4,5: (7) = Failed (5 Damage) (Half Move 24 Hrs)
Hill Giants #8,9,10,11,12: (13) = Failed (5 Damage) (Half Move Hrs)
Hill Giants #19,20: (6) = Failed (1 Damage) (Half Move 24 Hrs)
Tiny: (19) = Failed (1 Damage) (Half Move 24 Hrs)

Successful Saves:
(Still Moving At Half Speed, But Not With Leg Injuries):

Hill Giants #13,14,15,21,22: (20) = Made It (3 Damage)
Nosnra: (23) = Made It (3 Damage)
Delliak: (25) = Made It (6 Damage)



[sblock=Lathir's Spell Effect + Current Positions of All Combatants]
00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001g2.png
[/sblock]


VALE: It's Your Turn! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

Surprise Round:


Dewydd: 20a
Respen: 20b
Kleborn: 20c
Nelvandra: 20d
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Lathir: 17
Vale: 10


Following Round (1st Normal Round):

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Ogre #8 = Moderately Wounded (7) Half Move 24 Hrs
Tiny = Severely Wounded (73) Half Move 24 Hrs
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (91)
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (88)
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (78)
Darris = Severely Wounded (70)
Elder Kanor= Severely Wounded (92) Half Move 24 Hrs
H1 = Lightly Wounded (36)
H2 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H3 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 = Severely Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs
H6 = Severely Wounded (72)
H8 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H9 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H10 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H11 = Moderately Wounded (49) Half Move 24 Hrs
H12 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H13 =Injured (3)
H14 =Injured (3)
H15 =Injured (3)
H19 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H20 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H21 =Injured (3)
H22 =Injured (3)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Attacks Giants & Giantkin In Surprise Round

~ Val, if ye 'ave more surprises with your abilities, now is the time! ~

Vale is supremely relieved with Lathir's in his animal form begins casting his spell. Vale's battle experience screams at him to delay the giants as long as possible, thinning their ranks, limiting their charging, and if they must fight them straight up, do so where they can apply all their force to one narrow point.

He holds Val the Axe in his right hand, and moves his left hand quickly left to right, in a magic semi-circle, praying in dwarven, and applying the spell to spaces in the great room. He eyes the Priestess, mentally communicating with the Axe, ~ "Aye, I'd like to bury you in the middle of her face." ~ The stones in the floor change shape almost immediately, their edges becoming natural razor-edged caltrops. The affected giants and ogres howl with a mixture of surprise and rage. The giants' prisoners, hanging above the stones, are unaffected. The dwarven females begin cursing at their captors, jeering them and catcalling Vale and the other party members. ~ That's right, ladies. Don't suffer these filthy bastards. ~

He speaks loudly, hoping that his comrades can hear him, "Make yer hits count, and back up. Draw them to you."

OOC: Vale casts Spike Stones


[sblock=Vale's Spike Stones Locations]
Inked00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001g2-Vale_2.jpg
[/sblock]
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen Attacks The Giants - Round 1

~ Now that I have your attention. ~

Respen sees Nel's and Kleborn's attacks against the giant in the northeastern-most corner, and he sense's Thallok's large presence coming behind him to attack the Ogre to his rear. He feels the divine magic from Lathir and Vale move past him like a bitter cold wind as the stones around him throughout the hall turn jagged and razor-like. The giants, in large part, reel from the magical attacks. A handful, though, at the head table, clearly intend to counterattack. He hears Vale speak instructions to move back, and before doing so, Respen eyes the priestess and her twin to her right, his left, the other side of Nosnra. His eyes narrow, he chooses his targets, and whispers an elven evocation nearly exactly like Nel's; so much so that Nel should recognize the spell, except there is something off about it. Something...dark, cold, and vicious. Respen releases the spell at several on the head table, including the Priestess Vulka, Chief Nosnra, Sub-Chief Daris, Elder Kurok, and Prince Delliak.

He looks straight into Vulka's eye so that she knows, even at that distance, that she will not consume this elf's ears. In fact, to her, it's almost as if...he is looking specifically at her...with hunger...? It's as if she is to be his meal. Her visage briefly becomes gaunt, pale, clammy. She looks and sees the others with a similar feeling and confused look. Respen smiles easily, as if he had just consumed a glass of wine. He turns and moves back into the corridor along the north wall by Sylvar, with purpose, but leaving the Priestess particularly with the feeling that she should consider carefully not following him. Not if she doesn't want to be a meal herself. Respen looks at Nel as he moves across from her location in the corridor. She sees the faintest hint of satisfaction on his face.

He communicates telepathically as she prepares to attack again, ~ "That should help."~

OOC: Magic Missile modified with Fell Drain metamagic feat; AustThale37 rolls repeat 5 1d4+1 = 4; 3; 3; 4; 3; DM please add any modifiers, if applicable
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vale and Respen Double Team The Giants!

Vale said:
"...The affected giants and ogres howl with a mixture of surprise and rage. The giants' prisoners, hanging above the stones, are unaffected."

The prisoners, who are dangling about 4 feet off the ground by their chains, cry out anxiously as the spiky points tickle the bottoms of their feet; but indeed, Vale judged correctly, they are hanging high enough not to be affected by the spikes. The Giants and their kin, however, along with Elmer (the summoned Celestial Bison) are not so fortunate.

GM:
Vale's Spike Stones: DC: 21
Vulka, Kurok, Kragg, and Hill Giant #18 make their Reflex saves; all others fail.
Damage is noted in upkeep box, below.


The hapless creatures howl in agony, as spikes spring from the cobblestone floor, chewing their ankles, heels, and lower calves to ribbons.

Respen said:
"...His eyes narrow, he chooses his targets, and whispers an elven evocation nearly exactly like Nel's; so much so that Nel should recognize the spell, except there is something off about it. Something...dark, cold, and vicious. [...] Respen releases the spell at several on the head table, including the Priestess Vulka, Chief Nosnra, Sub-Chief Darris, Elder Kurok, and Prince Delliak."

GM:
Due to the feat, Practiced Spellcaster, Respen's caster level is 10th.
Fell Drain Magic Missile Effects: Damage = 4; 3; 3; 4; 3; To Vulka, Nosnra, Darris, Kurok, and Delliak, respectively.
The victims of Respen's spell all gain 1 negative level:
–1 on all skill checks and ability checks.
–1 on attack rolls and saving throws.
–5 hit points.
–1 effective level
(whenever the creature’s level is used in a die roll or calculation, reduce it by one for each negative level). If the victim casts spells, she loses access to one spell as if she had cast her highest-level, currently available spell.

Priestess Vulka loses her Poison spell.
Sub-Chief Darris loses his Fireball spell.


Each of the leaders that Respen targeted cry out in alarm, as they feel the negative energy course through them!

Priestess Vulka says, "Могутній Лол, будь ласка, допоможіть своїм вірним слугам!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]
Priestess Vulka says, "Mighty Lolth, please help your loyal servant!"
[/sblock]

Both Priestess Vulka and Sub-Chief Darris wail in agony, as their most powerful spells leave their memory!

Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001g3.png

KLEBORN: It's your turn! What do you do?







[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

1st Round:

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre Chef (#1) = Injured (4) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#2) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#3) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #4 = Injured (3) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Ogre #8 = Moderately Wounded (7) Half Move 24 Hrs
Tiny = Severely Wounded (73) Half Move 24 Hrs
Bison = Injured (4) = Half Move 24 Hrs
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (99) 1 Negative Level
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (100) 1 Negative Level
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (86) 1 Negative Level
Darris = Severely Wounded (83) Half Move 24 Hrs, 1 Negative Level
Elder Kanor (S1)= Severely Wounded (92) Half Move 24 Hrs
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (16) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 = Lightly Wounded (37) Half Move 24 Hrs
H2 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H3 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 = Severely Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs
H6 = Severely Wounded (74) Half Move 24 Hrs
H7 =Injured (6) Half Move 24 Hrs
H8 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H9 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H10 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H11 = Moderately Wounded (49) Half Move 24 Hrs
H12 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H13 =Injured (3)
H14 =Injured (3)
H15 =Injured (3)
H17 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H18 =Injured (8)
H19 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H20 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H21 =Injured (3)
H22 =Injured (3)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Remaining Durations of The Party's Buff Spells:]
This total is as of the First Round of combat:

Dewydd's Buffs:
Abjurant Armor [+8] 10 hours [6,000 Rounds] = 5,982 Rounds Remaining
Alter Self 50 minutes. [500 Rounds] = 482 Rounds Remaining
Shield [+8] 12 minutes. [120 Rounds] = 102 Rounds Remaining
Protection from Evil 10 minutes. [100 Rounds] = 82 Rounds Remaining
Blur 5 minutes. [50 Rounds] = 32 Rounds Remaining
Mirror Image 5 minutes. [50 Rounds] = 32 Rounds Remaining
Sheltered Vitality 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 58 Rounds Remaining

Interfaith Blessing (Everyone) 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 42 Rounds Remaining

Bull's Strength (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 92 Rounds Remaining
Cat's Grace (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 106 Rounds Remaining

Greater Invisibility (Tam) 11 Rounds. = 9 Rounds Remaining.
Haste (Everyone Except Tam & Lathir) 11 Rounds. = 9 Rounds Remaining

Shield (Nel) 4 Minutes. [40 Rounds] = 38 Rounds Remaining.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn looks at the carnage before him and begins to laugh. He looks around the room and realizes with the spikes he must be careful. As he is examining his options he realizes that he can continue to dance with the giant just north of the door; the same one he struck earlier, and the one who he can tell is still a bit angry with him. Kleborn begins to move quickly, but with grace around the spikes. He easily makes it around the door, taking care not to get caught in the spikes. "That would hurt, I do believe. And I would very much like to keep the use of my legs" Kleborn says. He approaches the Giant and tells him "don't be angry my friend, this is only business. It will all be over soon." And with that he strikes the giant, and swiftly moves back to where he was standing in the hallway.

OOC:
Kleborn will use swift attack on Giant number 1
First attack=27
Haste attack=16 (doh)
Damage from first attack=16
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Kleborn and Nelvandra: A Well-Oiled Machine!

Kleborn dances in, being careful to avoid the spikes, and rips a chunk out of the Giant's right calf! The Giant howls in anger, as Kleborn slips back to his starting position at the head of the hallway!

GM:
The Hill Giant Commander (H#1) has now taken a total of 53 points of damage.


Nelvandra smiles wickedly at the giant, "Come closer, sweetheart. I promise it will be fun!"
Nelvandra repeats her previous incantation, and two more bolts of energy slam into the Giant!

GM:
Magic Missile damage: 2d4+2: 5 pts.
The Hill Giant Commander (H#1) has now taken a total of 58 points of damage.


The positions of all of the combatants has not changed.


DEWYDD: It's Your Turn! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

1st Round:

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre Chef (#1) = Injured (4) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#2) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#3) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #4 = Injured (3) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Ogre #8 = Moderately Wounded (7) Half Move 24 Hrs
Tiny = Severely Wounded (73) Half Move 24 Hrs
Bison = Injured (4) = Half Move 24 Hrs
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (99) 1 Negative Level
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (100) 1 Negative Level
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (86) 1 Negative Level
Darris = Severely Wounded (83) Half Move 24 Hrs, 1 Negative Level
Elder Kanor (S1)= Severely Wounded (92) Half Move 24 Hrs
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (16) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 = Moderately Wounded (58) Half Move 24 Hrs
H2 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H3 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 = Severely Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs
H6 = Severely Wounded (74) Half Move 24 Hrs
H7 =Injured (6) Half Move 24 Hrs
H8 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H9 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H10 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H11 = Moderately Wounded (49) Half Move 24 Hrs
H12 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H13 =Injured (3)
H14 =Injured (3)
H15 =Injured (3)
H17 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H18 =Injured (8)
H19 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H20 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H21 =Injured (3)
H22 =Injured (3)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Whipping myself into a frenzy, I cast a baleful glare at the giant to my north. "Çirkin suratından bıktım. Ölme zamanı!" I shout as the music of violence calls to me. I flex my leg muscles and do a standing leap to him. Working my blade furiously, I miss my first attack. The other attacks more than make up for it though. Turning to the enemies I stage whisper, "Ölüm geldi ve arkadaş getirmiştim!"


OOC: Jump check of 47.
Attack 1: 18 to hit. Whiff!
Attack 2: 29 to hit. 56 damage.
Attack 3: 35 to hit, crit threat. 31 to confirm. 93 damage.
Attack 4: 26 to hit. 50 damage.
I should be at 24 AC right now.


GM:
+1,000 xp. to Dewydd for making the DM laugh heartily!


[sblock=If You Speak Giant]
Dewydd's First Comment: "I'm tired of your ugly face. Time to die!"
Dewydd's Second Comment: "Death has arrived, and I brought some friends!"
[/sblock]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Dewydd Gives In To His Anger, Turning To The Dark Side!

The Hill Giant Commander is startled to hear his native language, having gotten used to the Cloud Giant dialect spoken by Vulka. ~Normally, I only hear the Hill Dialect on patrol with my brothers... Wait! What?!? No, it---~

The Giant's thought proves to be his last; Dewydd's precision is lethal, his technique flawless. Dewydd's first strike impales the Giant through the abdomen, punching cleanly through the finely-crafted Drow armor. The Giant coughs up a large amount of blood, and slides off the end of Dewydd's blade, dead before he hits the ground.

GM:
56 Damage; Giant has taken a total of 114 pts. of damage.
Hill Giant Commander: -12 (Dead)


In his anger, Dewydd does not stop; he continues to hack on the corpse, a furious rage gripping him, bringing him to the edge of insanity!! Dewydd dismembers the corpse, removing its head, and its left arm with his next two blows!

GM:
Combined damage, both attacks: 143 pts.
Hill Giant Commander: -155 (Dead)


Nelvandra eyes Dewydd with newfound respect, smiling wickedly, "Wow, Respy, you should ask Dewydd to teach YOU how to do that!"



Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001g4.png



TAM-TAM: It's Your Turn! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

1st Round:

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19b
Thallok: 19c
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19e
Lathir: 17a
Chief Nosnra (N): 17b
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre Chef (#1) = Injured (4) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#2) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#3) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #4 = Injured (3) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Ogre #8 = Moderately Wounded (7) Half Move 24 Hrs
Tiny = Severely Wounded (73) Half Move 24 Hrs
Bison = Injured (4) = Half Move 24 Hrs
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (99) 1 Negative Level
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (100) 1 Negative Level
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (86) 1 Negative Level
Darris = Severely Wounded (83) Half Move 24 Hrs, 1 Negative Level
Elder Kanor (S1)= Severely Wounded (92) Half Move 24 Hrs
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (16) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H3 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 = Severely Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs
H6 = Severely Wounded (74) Half Move 24 Hrs
H7 =Injured (6) Half Move 24 Hrs
H8 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H9 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H10 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H11 = Moderately Wounded (49) Half Move 24 Hrs
H12 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H13 =Injured (3)
H14 =Injured (3)
H15 =Injured (3)
H17 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H18 =Injured (8)
H19 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H20 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H21 =Injured (3)
H22 =Injured (3)
[/sblock]
 

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Tam, seeing Lathir's wolf form in front of him, strikes upon an idea.

"Excuse me Lathir,", he says as he starts grabbing handfuls of fur to climb onto his back, "You move much faster than I in this form, and we're needed."

Then Tam is suddenly hit with the adventure of it all, and grins: "Tamartamlin Quickfoot, Wolf Rider...yeah, I like the sounds of that."

Thus, caught up in the moment, Tam goads Lathir's wolf form with his heels in the flanks as if he were on a war pony, and cries: "Charge!"

GM: +1,000 xp to Tam-Tam for making the DM laugh out loud!
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Teamwork, Druid Style!

GM:
Because I like this idea so much, I am going to allow Lathir to move at Tam's initiative (19a); this will work out in the following manner:

1. Tam uses his move action to mount Lathir. (That's already been done.)

2. Lathir has stated that he is moving into the room, and casting Wall of Fire. (NOTE: You don't have the movement, even in Wolf Form, to make it all the way next to Dewydd; however, you CAN make it to one square past Kleborn's position, which is far enough to do what you need to do.)

3. When Lathir stops moving, and starts to cast his spell, Tam is going to dismount, and take another movement action, so as to be in place to make a sneak attack next round.


OOC: I am waiting on Lathir to confirm the exact coordinates of his Wall of Fire spell before I post. Stay tuned.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lathir Arrives, With Tam In Tow!

Lathir bounds into the room, stopping just in front of Kleborn. The other party members can't be sure, but it seems to them that Lathir's fur suddenly shifts by itself for a moment, when he stops to cast.

Still invisible, Tam hops off of Lathir, and moves to the column where Thallok is; his intent is to remain there, and surprise whichever giant tries to pass by him, on their way to get at the other party members.

GM:
Tam has finished his action for this round. He is not actually delaying his action; but he is in a position where he might get an attack of opportunity against any foe who passes by him.


Lathir yips and whines, evidently casting some sort of spell.

GM:
Lathir casts Wall of Fire.



Current Positions of All Combatants; Position of Wall is Marked by the Red Squares Along the Top of the Map.

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001g5.png

As the Wall of Fire springs into existence, the lead Giants are once again burned by fire, and they all howl in agony and rage!

GM:
Damage from being in the wall when it manifests: 2d6+11: 13 pts. [Affects: Kurok, Darris, Vulka, Nosnra, Delliak, Kanor, H2, H3.]
Damage from being in front of the wall when it manifests (10'): 2d4: 3 pts. [Affects: H7, Elmer, H6, Tiny, H5, H4]
Damage from being in front of the wall when it manifests (20'): 1d4: 4 pts. [Affects: Ogre #8]


The party members note that, in particular, Nosnra, Darris, Kanor, and Hill Giant #5 seem to be having a bad go of it; the attrition of multiple surprise attacks has taken its toll. All four Giants look to be in very fragile condition.


SYLVAR: It's Your Turn! Elmer also acts on your turn! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

1st Round:

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19c
Thallok: 19d
Priestess Vulka (W): 19e
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19f
Chief Nosnra (N): 17
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre Chef (#1) = Injured (4) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#2) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#3) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #4 = Injured (3) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Ogre #8 = Moderately Wounded (11) Half Move 24 Hrs
Tiny = Severely Wounded (76) Half Move 24 Hrs
Bison = Injured (7) = Half Move 24 Hrs
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (112) 1 Negative Level
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (113) 1 Negative Level
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (99) 1 Negative Level
Darris = Severely Wounded (96) Half Move 24 Hrs, 1 Negative Level
Elder Kanor (S1)= Severely Wounded (105) Half Move 24 Hrs
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (29) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 =Injured (18) Half Move 24 Hrs
H3 =Injured (18) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Injured (8) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 = Severely Wounded (96) Half Move 24 Hrs
H6 = Severely Wounded (77) Half Move 24 Hrs
H7 =Injured (9) Half Move 24 Hrs
H8 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H9 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H10 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H11 = Moderately Wounded (49) Half Move 24 Hrs
H12 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H13 =Injured (3)
H14 =Injured (3)
H15 =Injured (3)
H17 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H18 =Injured (8)
H19 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H20 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H21 =Injured (3)
H22 =Injured (3)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar knocks an arrow and draws. As he does so he says Ulr, look on your champion with favor Sylvar draws and fires three times.

Then he directs "Elmer" to attack Daris Elmer!!! impale him on your horns, make his entrails his out-trails.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sylvar Takes Aim...

Sylvar steps out slightly, to get a better view of Darris; he draws his bow, and takes aim against his ailing foe. Sylvar lets three arrows fly, two of which strike true! He follows up by commanding Elmer to finish the job!

GM:
Darris Current Damage: 96 Pts.
Arrow #1: Damage = 8 Pts. (Total Damage: 104)
Arrow #2: Damage = 9 Pts. (Total Damage: 113)
Darris has 6 hit points left.


Elmer snorts and bellows, goring Darris with his horns; Elmer manages to catch Darris off-balance, and impales him on his left horn, sinking it deeply into Darris' abdomen.

GM:
Gore: Damage = 11 Pts. (Total Damage: 124)
Darris: -5, Dying.


Darris wails in agony, writhes for a moment, and then slumps to the spiky ground to bleed out. But somehow, Sylvar doubts he will get the chance; the flames of Lathir's Fire Wall spell are still licking at Darris' flesh, speeding him swiftly to the afterlife.

The flames of the Fire Wall also continue to lick at Elmer, scorching his fur.

GM:
Proximity damage (10 ft.) = 2d4 = 3 pts.
Elmer has taken a total of 10 pts. of damage.




Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001g6.png



THALLOK: It's Your Turn! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

1st Round:

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19c
Thallok: 19d
Priestess Vulka (W): 19e
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19f
Chief Nosnra (N): 17
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre Chef (#1) = Injured (4) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#2) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#3) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #4 = Injured (3) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Ogre #8 = Moderately Wounded (11) Half Move 24 Hrs
Tiny = Severely Wounded (76) Half Move 24 Hrs
Bison = Injured (10) = Half Move 24 Hrs
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (112) 1 Negative Level
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (113) 1 Negative Level
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (99) 1 Negative Level
Darris = Dying (-5)
Elder Kanor (S1)= Severely Wounded (105) Half Move 24 Hrs
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (29) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 =Injured (18) Half Move 24 Hrs
H3 =Injured (18) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Injured (8) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 = Severely Wounded (96) Half Move 24 Hrs
H6 = Severely Wounded (77) Half Move 24 Hrs
H7 =Injured (9) Half Move 24 Hrs
H8 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H9 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H10 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H11 = Moderately Wounded (49) Half Move 24 Hrs
H12 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H13 =Injured (3)
H14 =Injured (3)
H15 =Injured (3)
H17 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H18 =Injured (8)
H19 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H20 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H21 =Injured (3)
H22 =Injured (3)
[/sblock]
 

redraider629

Explorer
Seeing how close to death Nosnra is, Thallok really wants to take him out. He does not, however. Instead he calls to the three giants to the south of him, and points his sword to them. He yells out "Siz üçünüz, yoldaşlarınızdan biraz daha kısasınız. Belki de bu yüzden hepinizin sırtında sizsiniz. Bu runt masası olmalı." He then waves his sword toward him and says, "Yakınlaşın, böylece liderlerinizi öldürmemizi görebilirsiniz" He then gives them an Orc gesture that the party members do not recognize, but are sure is not nice.

OOC:
Thallok will delay his action until one of the giants comes into his striking range. Once the giant is in range Thallok will take his attacks.


[sblock=If You Speak Giant]
Thallok Comment #1: "Hey you three, you are a little shorter than your comrades. Perhaps that is why you are all by yourselves in the back. This must be the runt table."
Thallok Comment #2: "Come closer, so that you may see us kill your leaders."
[/sblock]

GM:
+500 xp. to Thallok for this humorous post!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Tam, hearing Thallok's taunt (recognizing the similar themes and syntax of all Goblinoids, even if not understanding every word), prepares himself for some sneaky play time, in an effort to help Red kick some Giant ass.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vulka and Delliak Take Action!

As Thallok is taunting the Hill Giants near him, Priestess Vulka frowns, having heard the taunt. As she begins to weave a spell, she comments in Thallok's direction, using the Hill Giant dialect, rather than her own: "Sen kendi türünün utanç vericisin, Orc. Bu gün bitmeden kulaklarını kolye gibi giyeceğim!" She then waves her hand, and utters a single word, "Dimisiiiiit!" Vulka moans with pain, causing her to mispronounce the Draconic command word, which causes the spell (whatever it was) to fail.

GM:
Vulka is burned by Lathir's Wall of Fire. Damage = 2d6+11 = 22 pts.
Concentration Check: Cast Defensively (DC: 18): 1d20+12 = (26) = Success. Elmer does NOT get an AoO.
Concentration Check: Damage Taken While Casting (DC: 32) = (22) = Failed. Vulka loses her Dispel Magic spell.


[sblock=If You Speak Giant]
Vulka: "You are a disgrace to your own kind, Orc. I shall wear your ears as a necklace before this day is done!"
[/sblock]

[sblock=If You Speak Draconic]
Vulka: "Dismiiiiissed!"
[/sblock]

Prince Delliak is enraged, and gets a fierce look of determination on his face. He scowls, and says, in the Cloud Giant dialect of Giant, "Ти убивчих собак! Ви відчуєте мій гнів! Я наймогутніший воїн мого клану! Підготуйтеся до зустрічі з вашим виробником!"

Delliak RUNS through the spikes, wincing in pain, but disregarding his injuries, intent upon reaching Dewydd! As he jumps, he exclaims, "Я найбільший спортсмен мого племені! Свідчіть мою майстерність і боюся мене!"

[sblock=If You Speak Giant]
Delliak Comment #1: "You murderous dogs! You shall feel my wrath! I am the mightiest warrior of my clan! Prepare to meet your maker!"
Delliak Comment #2: "I am the greatest athlete of my tribe! Witness my prowess, and fear me!"
[/sblock]


GM:
Delliak is burned by Lathir's Wall of Fire. Damage = 2d6+11 = 19 pts.
Delliak Jump Skill (Including Neg. Level) = +29
DC For Running Long Jump: Base DC 30 + 15 for changing the direction of his leap = DC: 45. = 41 = Fail.
Delliak covers the distance, but botches the landing, ending up in a prone position.
20 ft. of movement through the Spike Stones = 4d8 Damage = 23 pts.
20 ft. of movement through heat area of Lathir's Fire Wall = 2d4+2d4+1d4 = 11 pts.
Jumping 30 ft. gives him a vertical height of 7.5 ft. Elmer's reach = 8 ft. Provokes AoO.
Elmer's attack = 10 (Miss)
Botched landing = Spike damage (1d8) x 3 = 3d8 = 13 pts.
Delliak is prone.
Delliak uses a movement action to stand up.
Delliak Reflex Save = 22 (Success); Spikes did not severely damage his legs.
Delliak's action is done. Total damage taken THIS ROUND: 66 pts.


[sblock=Delliak's Leap]
00-Delliaks-Leap-001.png
[/sblock]

Delliak leaps through the air, twisting his body as he launches, in order to change the direction of his flight. The maneuver is at once amazing, beautiful, and horrifying. Delliak is obviously a supreme athlete, of considerable skill; however, this time, over-confidence has taken its toll. Delliak, likely distracted by his frustration and rage, botches the landing, crashing into the spikes, which gouge him viciously! Yet, despite this, he regains his footing, and stands up, holding his morning star with both hands, fuming in the direction of Dewydd. You cannot believe that this Giant is still standing. But he is, and the scary part is, he looks as if there is still plenty of fight left within him.

Current Position of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001g7.png



The Next Post Will Detail The Actions Of Most Of The Remaining Giants. Stay Tuned!




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

1st Round:

Respen: 25
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21
Dewydd: 20
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b
Sylvar / Celestial Bison: 19c
Thallok: 19d
Priestess Vulka (W): 19e
Young Prince Delliak (CG): 19f
Chief Nosnra (N): 17
Elder Kanor (S1): 16a
Elder Kurok (S2): 16b
Elder Kragg (S3): 16c
Hill Giant Guests: 16d
Ogre Guards (All Except Chefs): 15
Tiny (DB): 13a
Hill Giant Commanders (1,2,3): 13b
Vale: 10
Ogre Chefs (1,2,3): 9
Sub-Chief Darris (SC): 2
Hill Giant Guards (4,5,6,7,22): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Ogre Chef (#1) = Injured (4) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#2) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre Sous (#3) = Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #4 = Injured (3) Half Move 24 Hrs
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dying (-8)
Ogre #8 = Moderately Wounded (11) Half Move 24 Hrs
Tiny = Severely Wounded (76) Half Move 24 Hrs
Bison = Injured (10) = Half Move 24 Hrs
Nosnra = Severely Wounded (112) 1 Negative Level
Vulka = Moderately Wounded (135) 1 Negative Level
Delliak = Moderately Wounded (165) 1 Negative Level
Darris = Dying (-5)
Elder Kanor (S1)= Severely Wounded (105) Half Move 24 Hrs
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (29) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 =Injured (18) Half Move 24 Hrs
H3 =Injured (18) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Injured (8) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 = Severely Wounded (96) Half Move 24 Hrs
H6 = Severely Wounded (77) Half Move 24 Hrs
H7 =Injured (9) Half Move 24 Hrs
H8 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H9 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H10 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H11 = Moderately Wounded (49) Half Move 24 Hrs
H12 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H13 =Injured (3)
H14 =Injured (3)
H15 =Injured (3)
H17 =Injured (5) Half Move 24 Hrs
H18 =Injured (8)
H19 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H20 =Injured (1) Half Move 24 Hrs
H21 =Injured (3)
H22 =Injured (3)
[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top