• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 1.1


TOWER


Under the power of Theremin’s spell, the three rear kobolds fall to the ground, snoring, leaving only the wounded armored kobold still standing. He growled in anger until Mindra’s arrow caught him in the throat, sending him staggering against the wall.


OOC: Liam to go, and then Coriana, Sayine, and the kobold, if he’s still up.




DUNGEON


Beturea nodded to Owyn and pressed herself against the wall.


The door wasn’t locked, and they kobolds looked up with surprise as the door opened and the large human stood there.


OOC: That’s initiative. The kobolds are Surprised, so they can’t act the first round.


Initiative: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17


[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]


[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:


[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/27 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*


Engir (+2) AC 15 8/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity


Dungeon
Kobold A AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold B AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold C AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]


[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]


[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Owyn smiles cheekily at the kobolds as he moves into the room hefting his prison bar. He maneuvers to block off their escape and takes a clumsy swing at the nearest.

OOC: Initiative: 1d20+3 21

Greatclub: 1d20+6 10 1d8+4 5
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source

DUNGEON


The kobold eeked and managed to flail out of the way of Owyn’s strike, the others too startled to respond yet.


OOC: Owyn’s initiative was higher than the kobolds’, so he can go again before them.




[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]


[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:


[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/27 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*


Engir (+2) AC 15 8/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity


Dungeon
Kobold A AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold B AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold C AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]


[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
The bar felt rather unwieldy in his hands. It pulled awkwardly against his swing and he frowned as he readjusted his grip to try again. Only to miss again as the bar caught against some piece of furniture.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 1.1


TOWER


Under the power of Theremin’s spell, the three rear kobolds fall to the ground, snoring, leaving only the wounded armored kobold still standing. He growled in anger until Mindra’s arrow caught him in the throat, sending him staggering against the wall.


OOC: Liam to go, and then Coriana, Sayine, and the kobold, if he’s still up.




DUNGEON


Round 2.1


The kobolds recovered from their surprised scramble and yanked rusty and crude daggers from their belts, rushing at Owyn and slashing at him, trying to find a weakness in his armor, but though a couple scraped over his armor, nothing got through.


Dagger, pack tactics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [8, 4]+4 = 12
1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Dagger, pack tactics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [14, 1]+4 = 18
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Dagger, pack tactics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [13, 4]+4 = 17
1D4+2 = [3]+2 = 5




[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]


[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:


[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/27 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*


Engir (+2) AC 15 8/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity


Dungeon
Kobold A AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold B AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold C AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]


[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
The blade had found a chink in his armor, though he did hos best to convince them that their weapons were usseless Galahad definitely felt a sting in his side. Now though, he finally felt like he'd found his balance with the unwieldy bar and when he swung it at the kobold who'd wounded him he felt it impact with 'something' at the very least.

"Hah! Take that you little thief!"

OOC: Greatclub: 1d20+6 15 1d8+4 9

Btw, Owyn's AC is calculated assuming he has his shield. I doubt they let him keep that. And even if they did, he could't use it while 2-hand wielding a 'greatclub'. That 18 actually hit. HP 30/36.
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: I can’t see any maps, so assuming I can get into melee distance...


Liam, frustrated he couldn’t get his ritual done, strolled over to the armored Kobald and swung his staff like a baseball bat.

OOC: Had cast Shillelagh before.
[roll0]
[roll1]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 1.1


TOWER


OOC: There wasn’t a map for this fight. Just theater of the mind. Yes, Liam could get within melee.



Liam’s staff swung out and connected with the armored kobold’s face, smashing it and sending the creature slumping to the stairs, dead. The spear clattered from his hands and the cold blue fire on the head went out.


OOC: Combat over in the tower, though you do have three sleeping kobolds who will awaken in a minute.





DUNGEON


Round 3 - Owyn is up


OOC: Ah, I didn’t catch the shield in the AC. Yeah, they would have taken that. Thanks for catching it.



The kobold Owyn struck went flying and hit the wall with a solid thud. His dagger clattered to the stones as his body slid down, leaving wet blood and brain on the wall.


The other kobolds shrieked with rage and redoubled their efforts to find a place to stab him with their stubby daggers. One of them managed to find that opening again while the other distracted Owyn, and the dagger found purchase in his flesh once more. (3 damage)


Dagger, pack tactics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [11, 8]+4 = 15
1D4+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Dagger, pack tactics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [14, 12]+4 = 18
1D4+2 = [1]+2 = 3








[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]


[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:


[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/27 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*


Engir
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity


Dungeon
Kobold A AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold B AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold C AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]


[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Owyn winced as another dagger dug into the same wound. It wasn't a particularly deadly wound, but it hurt. As he brought the bar around again, Owyn watched the kobolds movements and did his best to adjust for them.

OOC: Greatclub: 1d20+6 9 1d8+4 11
Precision Attack: [roll0] bonus to hit after roll but before determining if hit.
 

tglassy

Explorer
“Tie them up again,” Liam said. “They May know something of this tower.”

Liam leaned down and picked up the fallen spear, examining it to see if the magic was in the spear or the Kobald he felled.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Theremin sighs, and scans the combat area and its surroundings for additional threats. He pays special attention to the fallen foes (all of them, even the ones from the last fight), and spends even more time inspecting the sleeping alchemist. He then adresses his companions: ''Do we want to keep one of them alive for questionning? Perhaps the alchemist? I'm not sure that they can be trusted, so we might as well end their lives peacefully, as they sleep.''

OOC: perception [roll0]
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC: fyi, it was a crappy roll, even if this new platform can't seem to retrieve the number!

Here's a test for the dice roller to see if it works [roll]1d20[/roll]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:25 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

OOC: Theremin’s Perception rolls didn’t come through, either.


As Liam looked at the spear, he could see the arcane markings on it that could indicate it was magical, but without a spell or ritual, he couldn’t be sure, or identify it.

Sayine gasped and tugged Theremin’s arm, pointing to one of the dead drakes. It was definitely struggling to get up, and it was definitely still dead.


DUNGEON

OOC: Owyn’s Precision Attack roll didn’t show, but it’s a kobold. I’m going to assume you rolled at least a 3 on a d8. Odds are in your favor.


Owyn’s makeshift club brained another kobold, leaving only one left to harass him. Seeing he was alone, the kobold dashed for the outer door of the guard room.

OOC: Opportunity attack, if you like.


@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/27 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity

Dungeon
Kobold A AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold B AC 12 6/6 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold C AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
"Oh no you don't!"

Owyn smiled as the kobold made to run. He'd been expecting it, and the backswing was already ramping up before the lizard had even taken a step. The impact was solid and stopped the creature cold.

Sentinal is a beautiful thing. But I think it's dead anyways.

Greatclub: 1d20+6 19 1d8+4 11[/spoiler
 
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Heeding Sayine's warning, Theremin points to the drake ''Companions, we have a problem!'' He then incants arcane words.

OOC: cast vicious mockery, wisdom save dc 14 or [roll]1d4[/roll] psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Oh, bloody hell..." says Coriana. She mutters a foul arcane curse and a green aura appears momentarily on her sword and the rising drake.
She then races to the drake swinging her sword with all her might.
OOC: Bonus: Switch Hex.
Move: to Drake.
Action: GS on Drake. Attack on the rising Drake: 1d20+8 23 2d6+4 9 1d6 4
 

tglassy

Explorer
Liam rolled his eyes he seems to do that a lot these days. He held out his staff and a bolt of holy fire rang out towards the rising Drake.


Action: Sacred Flame. Must make a DC 15 Dex save or take [roll]1d8[/roll] radiant damage.
 

Advertisement

Top