• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:25 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

The undead form of the drake, hit with sacred fire and blade, falls to the floor once more, its head severed by Coriana’s blade. The bodies of the other three drakes and the kobold sorcerer are still there, but they remain unmoving so far.

OOC: Do you have rope to tie the sleeping kobolds up? The rope you climbed the tower with is no longer there, fyi. I don’t recall whose that was.


DUNGEON

The kobold’s skull met the iron bar with a crunch and the little creature sagged to the ground unmoving.

“A-Are they dead?” Beturea Falim’s faltering voice came softly from the dungeon.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/27 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep 8r PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Explorer
Liam went back to studying the spear, now that the danger was over. He’d heard of spells, rituals that wizards could cast that would allow him to identify magical items. He didn’t have any such spell, but he could bring back his Magical Sight, if he had a few minutes to cast the spell. His last Ritual had been rudely interrupted, though.

“Tie them up or kill them, I need some time to perform a few rituals, and we could all use a rest to get our bearings.”
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
"Probably. In either case, they won't be bothering us again soon. You may want to avert your eyes, depending on your sensibilities."

With a scowl, Owyn looked around at the mess on the table. He proceeded to collect his equipment and place each piece of it where it belonged. He even took the time to check the kobolds, collecting anything of value and placing their weapons on the table. He left his javelins and hand axes for last and turned to Beturea.

"Do you know how to use any of these by chance? I don't expect you to fight, mind. But in the unlikely circumstance that one slips by me, I'd rather you be able to defend yourself than not."

As he spoke, Owyn affixed his shield and inspected his longsword for damage.
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
"Rest would be good," Mindra says with a sigh. "Then, once we get our strength back, we can try to figure out what happened. I think heading back to town would be a good idea."

OOC: I think the rope was Mindra's.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Theremin nods at the proposal of resting. He takes his lute out starts playing a soft song.

OOC: Use of song of rest, everybody gets and extra 1d6 hp after the rest

Theremin also uses HD to heal. He is back to 27hp and still has 1 hd left


Once he feels reinvigorated, Theremin takes another 10 minutes to play a more inspiring song.

OOC: use of inspiring leader, everybody gets 8 temp HP
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/1:26 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

Coriana tied up the sleeping kobolds. They weren’t too happy when they came around, but Sayine gave one a bite and hissed at them, and they remained cowering on the stairs quietly as the party rested.

During the rest, occasionally one of the dead bodies in the room twitched.

[SBLOCK=Insight, Religion, or Intelligence 10]It might not be a good idea to leave dead bodies lying around.[/SBLOCK]

OOC: You get your hour for rest. Spend your hit dice and Theremin’s extra 1d6 and Inspiring Leader. Liam, what spells do you want to ritually cast? You have an hour (unless you want to take longer. Might need to do random encounter rolls if you take longer.



DUNGEON

The kobolds didn’t have much, a couple old daggers and slingshots. All of Owyn’s gear was here and in the condition he last remembered it. Besides his own purse, he found a total of 22 copper pieces on the kobolds.

“I know how to use a dagger,” Beturea said, picking one up. She tucked it into the belt of her worn travel dress. “I can carry the light.” She reached up to grab a torch from the sconce on the wall.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep 8r PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
"Good. If you do have to fight, I suggest staying close to me."

He pockets the coins and chuckles as he gives one of of the slingshots a test shot, aiming back into the jail room just for fun, then, pockets it and a pouch full of ammunition.

"Well, that was fun, might come in handy as well. Now, lets see if we can get out of here safely."

And he turns to the next door.
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Liam will cast Find Familiar. That’s an hour and ten minutes, I guess. But Theremin’s using the extra ten minutes to use Inspiring Leader, so it works. He’ll hold off on Detect Magic for now, but will hold on to the spear.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/1:37 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

The decapitation is grim work, but it seems to work. The corpses don’t twitch anymore. Liam gets his ritual off, and the party gets its rest as the cold wind blows through the open top chamber of the tower.

((Roll your hit dice if you like and let me know what you’d like to do next. Liam has his tressym.))


DUNGEON

Beturea picked up a sling and a bag of shot as well, giving it a few test swings to refamiliarize herself before following Owyn. The next door is locked, but from the inside, so Owyn doesn’t have a problem opening it. It leads to a set of dark stairs. Beturea’s torch illuminates it a bit.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep 8r PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
"I think we need to see what's below, if anything." Coriana says, approaching the stairs.
''I agree. We also still need to find that merchant.'' After giving Sayine an affectionate caress on her heck, Theremin loads his crossbow and follows the others, ready for action.

OOC: HP for the rest were already rolled in post 1007. Don't forget your 8 temporary HP from inspiring leader.

Theremin stealth roll = 17
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/1:40 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

The party went down the stairs quietly and opened the door to the next room. An hour ago they had seen the spirit of the kobold sorceress float through, with cowering kobolds in the corner. There was no sign of ghost or kobolds any longer. The room contained three old tables filled with old glassware stained with overcooked chemicals, candle stubs, shelves filled with jars and other reagents. One of the tables had collapsed, spilling glassware to shatter over the stones. Everything was covered in dust. The room appeared to fill a quarter of the tower space, with another door on the right wall. The stairs continued down from the landing.

DUNGEON

Owyn opened the door at the top of the stairs. Once-ornate rugs, time-worn and moth-eaten, covered the floor. Sconces on the walls held small glass orbs enchanted with continuous flame and provided normal illumination. Ragged paintings and tapestries adorned the walls. Across the room, stairs circled up to the next level of the tower. To the right, in the north wall, was a pair of double doors. A kobold in leather armor with a shield and spear stood in front of the doors, looking around nervously toward what appeared to be the tower entrance filled with solid oak doors, or at the stairs. Occasionally an unarmored kobold rushed here or there across the room, looking a little panicked.

“Oh, my!” Beturea whispered from behind Owyn.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Bound PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Bound PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Bound PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
Mindra will sneak into the room while keeping a look out and move up to the door to the right. She will listen at the door for a little bit, then check to see if it is locked or trapped.
OOC: I'll make all the rolls at once and we can just discard any extra rolls if something happens before she gets to them.
Stealth to move into the room: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28
Perception to keep watch in the room: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
Perception to listen at the door: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9
Investigation to look for locks or traps on the door: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
Well she was real good in the room, but not so good with the door apparently. Luckily as far as anyone else can tell she did just fine with the door. ;)
 

Advertisement

Top