• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes...Season 1--9/25/06 Eps#1

Taelorn76

First Post
Umbran said:
My current guess is a super-villain. I severely doubt that all the supers are going to be good guys....

I thought I read here on this board or somewhere else the villain was a super powered terrorist

dravot

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
I had the opportunity, thanks to a friend that works at NBC (in production) that sent me an unedited version of the pilot... I believe this is the version that also aired at... Comic-Con was it? In the garbage disposal scene, part of her finger is on the floor, and the dog is nibbling on it, hence admonishing the dog. In the aired pilot, all there was was dripping blood.

It was a little important, since it established that she regrew stuff even if it was detached. Again, similar to the artist's hand, it's something they may have decided to forego when they went into series production. Or, it simply could have been edited out.

Interesting. Thanks for the tidbit (so to speak)

drothgery

First Post
You kind of expect X-men-esque genetics on a superhero show, so I wasn't too bothered by that. And Heroes is the only new show this season that I've bothered to watch to the end. But I wish that TV and movies would stop repeating the thoroughly-debunked "humans only use 10% of their brain" drivel.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Brown Jenkin said:
It was pretty good and I will watch at least a few more episodes. Unfortunately on watching it I very much felt like it was the type of show that won't make it beyond this season if even that far. From past experience this seems to be exactly the type of show that while high quality has a limited market. If it was on the CW it might survive but on NBC I doubt it. The one advantage it may have is leading into Studio 60, with the question then being does it share the same type of audience.

I think NBC has set themselves up a safety net by reairing it on Sci-Fi. If the shows does well, but not quite well enough for the network, they can always push it over to Sci-Fi and keep it going.

Flyspeck23

First Post
As it'll probably take forever for this show to be shown here (Germany, in case you need to know): spoil me silly :)

Anyone up to the task?

drothgery said:
But I wish that TV and movies would stop repeating the thoroughly-debunked "humans only use 10% of their brain" drivel.
Things like that annoy me too.

Anything else that's awful, unnecessary or stupid about the show?

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Reynard said:
I think NBC has set themselves up a safety net by reairing it on Sci-Fi. If the shows does well, but not quite well enough for the network, they can always push it over to Sci-Fi and keep it going.

They could have done that with Surface (which was also reshown on Sci-Fi) but they chose to cancel it instead. No, as much as I like it, I expect it to not survive. The most likely thing I think is that once it is canceled Sci-Fi will show any unaired episodes.

Sir Brennen

Legend
The story structure reminded me a bit of "Surface" (last season's NBC sci-fi attempt), but with more characters and a bit speedier (a little too much for my taste.) Also, even though I haven't seen it, maybe a little like "Six Degrees", with how everyone has some sort of connection or coincidental encounter with each other.

However, I thought that most of the characters were given enough scenes to explore multiple sides of their personalities. Teleporting Japanese Desk Jockey I think we got the least of, but he seems to be the character-that-geeks-will-identify-with persona.

And Richard Roundtree just laid in bed hooked up to an IV. Wonder what purpose his dieing character will serve? ('Cuz you don't just hire Richard Roundtree to be unconscious for one episode...)

Lockridge

First Post
Not sure about this show. I was looking forward to it but it jumped around so much that I found myself looking at the clock and not becoming interested in any one character.
My own opinion is that they should have focused on just a few characters - maybe four or five and developed them more.

Taelorn76

First Post
Lockridge said:
Not sure about this show. I was looking forward to it but it jumped around so much that I found myself looking at the clock and not becoming interested in any one character.
My own opinion is that they should have focused on just a few characters - maybe four or five and developed them more.

They focus on six characters.

Psycho mom
Chearleader
Flyer
Japanese Guy
Artist
Genetisist(sp)

Can you tell I am awfull with character names :p

Remove ads