• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#26)---10/08/07-'Kindred'

Taelorn76

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
I'm hoping that the producers are not stupid enough to kill off one of the only compelling non-powered characters this series has. I'm betting that what we are seeing is actually West's corpse covered with an illusion and that the person holding Claire is Sylar.

Ahhh interesting twist there; I like it.

Fast Learner

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Also, 4 MONTHS IN A COMA? Come on. Yes, I know it's possible. Even likely in the case of a head injury. But from a sword through the chest?
My brother was in a coma for 3 months when his pancreas went bad, so I have no problem believing it.

That Sylar had any muscle tone and the ability to even move his arms, much less fight, that I don't believe, after 4 months in a coma.

Fast Learner

First Post
Hijinks said:
"Hi there! I need to report a bad guy running around. He's evil and he works for a company that finds people with magical powers, and he tags them then turns them loose again. His daughter goes to my school. Please arrest him, kthx!"

?? How exactly would that work?
Yeah, you sure would have to be incredibly stupid to say that, I agree.

I wonder if "the guy who kidnapped and tortured me when I was a child, he's here in town, I've seen him" would have any weight. Since, y'know, that's all that West knows, and is exactly what the police would need to hear, assuming his missing day was reported to the police back then, which it almost undoubtedly was (unless he has the worst parents in the world). West knows nothing about the company, nothing about HRG doing this more than just to him, and of course he's not going to report his power.

Kidnapping a minor, the cops love that kind of thing.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Fast Learner said:
Yeah, you sure would have to be incredibly stupid to say that, I agree.

I wonder if "the guy who kidnapped and tortured me when I was a child, he's here in town, I've seen him" would have any weight. Since, y'know, that's all that West knows, and is exactly what the police would need to hear, assuming his missing day was reported to the police back then, which it almost undoubtedly was (unless he has the worst parents in the world). West knows nothing about the company, nothing about HRG doing this more than just to him, and of course he's not going to report his power.

Kidnapping a minor, the cops love that kind of thing.

Unfortunately, even if HRG is arrested he will not remain in jail since his testimony would bring unwanted light onto two fact: 1) Super powered individuals exist and 2) The company exists. So if anything, the moment West goes to the cops is the day that West, HRG and Claire all die.

That is assuming that the Haitian doesn't erase West's mind and the mind of every officer in the police force on behalf of HRG.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
No one seems to have brought this up, but, what is with Sylar's voice?

I always thought his weirdo inhuman sounding voice was the extension of some kind of power, but if he could not use any powers. . . what is it about?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
el-remmen said:

I always thought his weirdo inhuman sounding voice was the extension of some kind of power, but if he could not use any powers. . . what is it about?

I think its the "boogie man" since it almost sounds like its the voice that was heard during Molly's nighmare about the boogie man. If thats the case then maybe the boogie man is a psychic entity and might basically be using Sylar as means of stealing powers for itself.

LightPhoenix

First Post
el-remmen said:

Dramatic effect, according to one of the podcast/commentaries for season one. Ironically, I think it's in the episode Peter and Isaac face off, since they do the same thing for Peter.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
LightPhoenix said:
Dramatic effect, according to one of the podcast/commentaries for season one. Ironically, I think it's in the episode Peter and Isaac face off, since they do the same thing for Peter.

Wait a minute! Since peter and Sylar both did that then its possible that that could be a (rather lame but fun) power that Slyar stole from one of the people he killed. That is.. after a retconn or two.

Slyar: "Hello, my name is Chandra Suresh... I am doing research on the human evolutionary process and I would like to know if I could speak with [unknown hero]?"

Unknown hero: "I'm [unknown hero], I've been expecting you ever since we spoke on the phone.... [Demonic voice] Please come in!"

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
LightPhoenix said:

Really? That LAME! :\

Dire Bare

Legend
Relique du Madde said:
I think its the "boogie man" since it almost sounds like its the voice that was heard during Molly's nighmare about the boogie man. If thats the case then maybe the boogie man is a psychic entity and might basically be using Sylar as means of stealing powers for itself.

The "Boogie Man" is Sylar. Molly clearly referred to Sylar in this way during the last few episodes of last season.

The mysterious and quite freaky scary villian of Season 2 is the "Nightmare Man", according to Molly.

And has been cleared up numerous times (in this thread even), Sylar's "scary" voice is simply for effect. It is not related to a power in any way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads