• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Highlander 2: re-release

Chimera

First Post
Throwing good money after bad.

Am seeing commercials today for "digitally remastered" re-release of Highlander 2: The Quickening, including "more than 100 added special effects", commentary and interviews, etc.

Isn't this like trying to putting a high gloss shine on the contents of the lower half of an outhouse?

DralonXitz

First Post
Im suprised the TV Channel was desperate enough to play a Highlander 2 Commercial. That movie SUCKED, it's down at the bottom with Megaforce and some of those old Al Pacino flicks.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
That movie was out of the theaters so fast it left contrials. My guess is that they're hoping fans of the TV series don't know how bad it was, have forgotten how bad it was in a mist of nostalgia, or will just give up money/time to see anything Highlander.

No lie: A buddy of mine got a call from someone the night that movie opened ranting about how bad the movie was. The kicker? He didn't know the dude. The guy was calling people at random.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
DO NOT GO TO THIS MOVIE - IT IS BAD
NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO TO IT - IT IS BAD
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY - IT IS BAD
IT WILL ROT YOUR EYES FROM YOUR HEAD
IT IS BAD BAD BAD
THE ONLY WAY THIS MOVIE COULD EVER BE WORSE IS IF BEN AFFLACK WAS IN IT...NO IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE - IT IS BAD BAD BAD!

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I enjoyed Highlander 4.

But of course, I had already been burned by the pathetic Highlander 3 and the
abysmal one-we-do-not-mention, so my expectation were pretty low.

Berandor

lunatic
I don't understand. "Re-Release"? How? There never was more than one Highlander movie, after all...

(This is the requisite "Highlander 2 does not exist" post mandatory for every discussion of this film. You may proceed with the regular debate now.)

Dark Jezter

First Post
There are no Highlander movie sequels. The "sequels" you guys are referring to are nothing more than bad pieces of fan fiction that somehow got made into movies.

;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads