General Hilarious typos in D&D books

Russ Morrissey

Comments

Von Ether

Adventurer
First, what a mess when aiming that into the wind. Second, it would be squinting. I am sure some would say it's technically peering. But go ahead and try to "peer" into a hot, hard wind and keep your eyes open.

Use of a/an and consistent use (or omission, though I'll judge for that too) the Oxford comma are two of my peeves.

I think my favorite D&D typo is the (previously-mentioned) global replacement of mage with wizard leading to every instance of damage being "dawizard" in the 2e Encyclopedia Magica, Volume 1 book.

You guys, “peeing” isn’t the typo. The “an” is the typo. It should read “You see a two-wheeled infernal war machine ...”

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
As someone who spends immense amounts of time proofreading when my actual job is supposedly "engineer" I am always amazed how few typos get through in all of these books. Someone is really on the ball.

If people are looking for typos, Kobold Press' books are full of them (and that's one of the leading 3rd parties). It really shows how much more $$$ WotC has for editing and how much longer they must be spending with drafts than 3rd party press can afford. Tough job.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Use of a/an and consistent use (or omission, though I'll judge for that too) the Oxford comma are two of my peeves.
Not sure if you are for or against the Oxford comma. I'm for it, but use or non-use of the Oxford comma is more a matter of style. Many U.S. style guides used by news papers (e.g., the APA Style Guide) do not use it, unless it is necessary to avoid confusion. My understanding is that this was one of many ways newspapers tried to get more print in limited space.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
First, what a mess when aiming that into the wind. Second, it would be squinting. I am sure some would say it's technically peering. But go ahead and try to "peer" into a hot, hard wind and keep your eyes open.
Well...if a guy can pee into the wind and not have it blow back on him, he's got the confidence of one who has a very powerful stream, is very well endowed, or both.

Then again, I'd probably be even more intimidated by the guy that was peeing into the wind, getting it blown back on him, and not caring.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Well...if a guy can pee into the wind and not have it blow back on him, he's got the confidence of one who has a very powerful stream, is very well endowed, or both.

Then again, I'd probably be even more intimidated by the guy that was peeing into the wind, getting it blown back on him, and not caring.
As I recall, * shake * shake * zip * is the somatic component for prestidigitation, so it's really not a problem.

Paragon Lost

Explorer
Not an official D&D rulebook, but an official TSR book, so it counts ;) In all of the original Dragonlance novels, they keep calling a halberd a "hauberk" Every time. Although, it is mighty impressive for Flint to cut a draconian in two with a hauberk...

Beat down with suit of chainmail. lol. Works for me. Also, freaking Flint is a beast. heh.

Advertisement1

Latest threads

In Our Store!

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4