D&D General Hilarious typos in D&D books

Posted without comment. Or with little comment, at least. This from Descent into Avernus.

Aaron L

Hero
Surprised this classic hadn't shown up yet:
3010_original.png

That "dawizard" typo is all throughout those books. Someone must have done a lazy find/replace of "Mage" with "Wizard."

Orius

Legend
Typos are a D&D tradition.

However as funny as this one is, it doesn't hold a candle to the two previously mentioned classics, %Liar and the infamous dawizard.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not published, but a DM I tamed under once passed a note about the “chili wind”. The player looked up and asked aloud, “Is that with or without beans?”

After the mistake was revealed to many chuckles someone else brought up the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles.

Weeeee...didn’t get much gaming done that evening.

Not sure if you are for or against the Oxford comma. I'm for it, but use or non-use of the Oxford comma is more a matter of style. Many U.S. style guides used by news papers (e.g., the APA Style Guide) do not use it, unless it is necessary to avoid confusion. My understanding is that this was one of many ways newspapers tried to get more print in limited space.
Despite it's name, the Oxford comma is an Americanism, and is considered incorrect in the UK. The purpose of punctuation is to clarify meaning. If the presence or absence of the punctuation mark does not change the meaning then it serves no purpose and should be omitted.

Remove ads

Remove ads