• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hivemind] My blood runs cold...

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Mr Fidgit said:
...on the front page. has anyone played M&M? is it any good? how does it stack up to a game like V&V? (my favorite superhero game - from back in the day :D )

I don't have M&M, but a fellow V&V fanatic (like you and I, Fidge), by the nick of Tefflon Billy, is TOTALLY hooked on it.

It is all he runs these days.

You can read his story hour (with graphics) on the forums here.

HellHound

Mr Fidgit said:
you're a writing madman!! :D

Yeah, but the problem is all the craziness of the past two weeks and coming 5 weeks ISN'T writing, it's all business related stuff...

The Paradigm Concepts book is one I am TOTALLY looking forward to writing... I mean I feel INSPIRED. I pumped out 10,000 words for the outline and writing samples for it in 12 hours the other day.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Carnifex said:
I think my favourite superhero game is Champions...
i never had many good experiences when i played Champions (1st edition)...V&V was alot easier to learn, understand and play, IMO

HellHound said:

I don't have M&M, but a fellow V&V fanatic (like you and I, Fidge), by the nick of Tefflon Billy, is TOTALLY hooked on it....
that's a sound endorsement! :D i'll have to check out that SH too.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
there are two other M&M SH's in the forum as well...I know cos I've just been reading them! :D

Sniktch, I've realised that the same thing was happening to me. I could click on the link and get what seemed to be an update, but the actual figure remained the same when I logged in and tried to attack.

never mind, I've still got around 144 thugs on my side now :D

Lucy, looking forward to this SH, I must say! I just tend to "write-and-forget"...earn those XP and get the heck out of there!

Sniktch

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
i just noticed the announcement for this:

Nocturnals: A Midnight Companion
A Mutants & Masterminds Sourcebook

...on the front page. has anyone played M&M? is it any good? how does it stack up to a game like V&V? (my favorite superhero game - from back in the day :D )

Haven't played yet but it looks great. Its basically the d20 system but almost classless and levelless.

Clay, you want to try to hook your readers. Starting with a history/campaign overview might not work for that, but then again it might. What I've done with mine is start with a brief intro to the cast of characters and then dove right into the action, working bits and pieces of my setting in as I go along.

HellHound

alsih2o said:
any hints from y'all on story hours? i wanna start with a hoistory of my world, but that seems stuffy.

all props to hh, my 30k words are draining my buttocks of their usual lift :)

Thanks for the props, alsih20, but really, I am in awe of story-hour writers.

I cannot get the time together to pull one off. I tried, but it is just too time-consuming.

As it stands, I barely do any prep-time for my games anymore, we run modules from Dungeon half the time. I'm too busy working to dedicate four hours to game prep and another four to post-game fun like story hours.

Carnifex

First Post
*sets about writing a new game post for his online game*

This one's going to be a slog to write. Why? Because, for the first time, it has insight into the thoughts of the mind of Wolf, and even some more information about his past... Considering how Wolf is not the most outspoken of individuals ever, this'll be difficult to put into an appropriate manner...

Maldur

First Post
HellHound said:

As it stands, I barely do any prep-time for my games anymore, we run modules from Dungeon half the time. I'm too busy working to dedicate four hours to game prep and another four to post-game fun like story hours.

Isn't it the pits if Rl keeps interfeering with good old game time :(

Carnifex

First Post
HellHound said:

Thanks for the props, alsih20, but really, I am in awe of story-hour writers.

I cannot get the time together to pull one off. I tried, but it is just too time-consuming.

To ask for your advice from a completely different angle, HH, any advice on writing rpg products? Now I've got my first one organised with Horade, I'll start writing it properly byt he end of this week (I already have a basic skeleton layout plan).

Maldur

First Post
Carnifex said:
*sets about writing a new game post for his online game*

This one's going to be a slog to write. Why? Because, for the first time, it has insight into the thoughts of the mind of Wolf, and even some more information about his past... Considering how Wolf is not the most outspoken of individuals ever, this'll be difficult to put into an appropriate manner...

Opening the games messageboard, to be one of the first to read it:D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads