HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)- IC

Dragonwriter

First Post
"It was... strange. More like the tent of the poison-maker of my tribe than a burial place. Many strange fluids in glass, small things in the fluids, strange pictures on the walls. Lots of old, useless things. Things that would not last a day if they were out in the sun and sand. And as the large one said, there was no body. And for some reason yet unknown to me, Chelicera saw fit to have Her Children lead me to the place..."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I don't find the lack of a body surprising as it didn't strike me as a tomb once I got inside. It seemed more like a workshop that someone worked at during the day, not a tomb or even a home, which suggests that the pyramid at one time probably had a very large city around it. This in and of itself does not aid us, but it does suggest that the pyramid itself probably isn't just a mere tomb anymore than we thought this workshop would be when we first started. Searching the pyramid and its immediate environs for ruins of a similar age as the workshop may be a good next step, particularly looking for anything that looks like a temple or palace, which logically would have been located nearby such an important place as the pyramid to absorb day to day affairs and living spaces of those who worked in and around it."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tregin looks to Arsa and gives him a toothy smile. "I think I might have found an answer to the why. But first Ilestaem show everyone what you have found and tell them what you need done."

The man looks to the half-orc like he had just told some big secret but then shrugs and mumbles, "Very well."

He moves to the map and motions for everyone to gather round. He puts on a stark expression and starts to speak as if giving a lecture to a group of students.

"As you all must know, the land all around here was once at the bottom of a great sea. That sea was sailed and fished by our forefathers for more years than we have been on this world combined. And in one brief night the sea was gone. As if some great giant had come along and drank it all in one gulp. Or so the myths say."

He looks to the map and points at each of the pyramids. "These three pyramid's were the only man made structures found after the water was gone, and indeed they may not be man, or orc made at that. They may have been made, if what I have discovered is true, as focal points for an elaborate spell that somehow transported all the water to another plane."

He waits a moment and then his fingers trace small lines drawn on the map between each of the three pyramids. The lines are thin and faded as if added later. Then he moves to the key of the map.

"And here. Here is what I thought might have been a warning, but after translating it I am not so sure." Ilestaem says reading and mumbling. Looking up and into the eyes of each of you he continues. "It says - 'The key in three, shall not be revealed by thee.' - I think that if we can discover how the pyramids work the power they hold would be the greatest in all the world."

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Your ideas are foolish, human. The seas are gone, and obviously the gods have not deemed to return them," Arsa says gruffly. "And if you want us to do something for you, say it plain, rather than make hints and suggestions."

The halfling turns his gaze to Tregin. "And you, who claims to understand the actions and motivations of my goddess... Tell me what you believe was the reason for my guides."

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc ranger (trapper)

Gyrs chuckles. "All this time dryin' up in a desert, and we just needed to turn three giant knobs?" the half-orc says incredulously. "Sign me up for a swim."

jackslate45

First Post
Beast had to admit, that halfling was growing on him. He sure knew how to make a point. "If the water comes back, we drown. Let us ensure that does not happen."

Remove ads