HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)- IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group spend only a few minutes alone in the front room before the mistress of the shop, Kella comes through a beaded doorway leading to the back.

She moves to lock the front door and draw down the curtains. After she is done she returns to the doorway pulling back the beads. "This way," she says with slight annoyance in her voice.

The group walks through the curtained hallway that turns to the left and finds a set of double doors a jar at the end of the hall. With Kella behind them ushering them forward they enter a room much like the one they found in The Sand Sage's sanctum.

Shelves are about everywhere and full of strange and unique items. In the center of the room they find Tregin standing at a table next to Ilestaem himself. The young human looks small and almost a child compared to the large armed and armored half-orc.

"Ah my friends it has been to long. To long indeed."
Tregin says moving around the table to greet everyone. "I trust the desert, she has been kind to you all."

*Ahrmm* Ilestaem coughs from behind the man. Tregin smiles and turns. "Everyone please come. I wish you to meet our benefactor," he says going to the side of the table.

"This is Ilestaem Dehi'r. And he wishes to speak to you about the sanctum where we found this." Tregin says indicating a map that sits unrolled on the table. It is weighted down by three carved pyramids place on it with a small golden scorpion statue in the center.

"This is an incredible find gentlemen," the lanky, stubble faced human says looking to the map. "And I wish to know..."

"Ilestaem! Manners please. Introductions are in order,"
his wife says bring a cistern of cool water and goblets for everyone.

"Wha-? Oh if you must," the man says waving a hand as if to get on with introductions.

[sblock=OOC] Introductions and Perception checks if you wish to have a better look at the incredible find. Don't forget things like guidance and what not.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 5]The map looks to be of the Tal'Duporian Empire showing where its boundaries end and where the sea once was. [sblock=DC 10] The pyramids holding the map down are actually positioned where they are in the real world. Each of the three pyramids are near the three major cities of the desert.[sblock=DC 15] There is a key on the right corner of the map surrounded by runes but the language is unknown to you.[sblock=DC 20]The scorpion statue sits on a blue spot near the center of the map. There seems to be writing under it as well.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Know Geography DC 10]The blue spot may very will be Bileth's Bizarre. A known oasis that is a midway stop for many caravans. [sblock=DC 15] Nobody can make this check but I will let it nag at you. :p[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tregin nods to Ilestaem, "These are all fine companions and warriors. Gyrs led us through the tunnels and around the traps so well that they posed no threat to us. And Beast's strength was key to beating the iron cobra that still guarded the inner chamber even decades after it's master was dead and gone."

"Yes, yes I have heard the story Tregin. And I have no doubt they are resourceful, but I only need to know what they saw, and if it will help with this."
he says pointing to the map.

"I will go and see to bring more water and maybe some fruit. The shop is closed you all shouldn't be disturbed while you talk."
Kella says exiting the room through the double doors.

After his wife leaves Ilestaem turns back to the map and the group. "I am sorry to bring you all back here on such short notice, but I have hit an impasse with the map Tregin found. I would like for each of you to relate anything you remember seeing in the Sage's chamber, anything at all that might give me some additional clue. To what it is I believe he discovered."

[sblock=OOC] Ok group this is strictly RP but if you wish for using a few skills it is allowed. What I am looking for here is to give you a chance to display not only your creativity but to also help with the story.

As this is a pbp AP I believe that the story should come from all involved. The players shouldn't sit around waiting for the GM to ask them what they do all the time. The can relate something to help bring the story (and more importantly their characters) to life.

Brainstorming ideas:

- Maybe you saw a strange animal in a jar or something that you thought was an animal.
- The room was full of - what?? papers, tomes, scrolls? or animal bones, rocks, sculptures?
- You thought what when you found out this wasn't a tomb?
- The room reminded you of - the junkyard? an old teachers study?

The key here is nothing is wrong. And if it helps develop the characters personailty or background, we get double duty out of it.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Are there any other known ruins from that culture in the immediate area? Also, is one of pyramids near our current city?

Sandwalker takes time to thoroughly examine the map as he shares his thoughts. "The presence of such a chamber suggests other ruins nearby as it is unlikely that such a place would be built on its own without at least a living place nearby. Perhaps a more thorough investigation of the area around the study would be warranted."

[sblock=stats]Sandwalker[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc trapper

"Place smelled dry as the desert itself, like all the water was sucked up out of it ages ago," Gyrs remembers. "Not that it was a bad smell, mind. I'm used ta living in the gutters, so I prefer dry to garbage dump.

"Odd, though, having critters like those centipede in a place so dry. Bugs usually prefer damp and dark. But maybe that's where they got the poison for that nasty metal snake.

"Hated that thing."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Yes there is a pyramid near the town [name unknown to me at the moment - all my notes say is C1 (for city 1)] it is about a mile and a half west after you leave the north end of town. This city is located on a river that leads to the sea - Think Cairo in Egypt save the river runs west to east.

Ruins abound as many people have tried to colonize the desert before the current rulers (who are the heirs of the original founders). See RG for history[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Beast tried to recall the room. "It was an odd collection of things. He seemed to be some sort of collector. A metal snake, a gong, and armor. Speaking of which, it did seem odd that a tomb did not contain a body. And it was not walking around. However, maybe more of these collections are at the other sites?"

Remove ads