HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)- IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tregin Kurr waits silently for the men he spoke to yesterday to join him. The Modan-Re (freed slave) stands with his arms folded as he leans back against a low stone wall, his demeanor one of patience.

The half-orc is not unusual for one of his kind. Greyish skin covered by scalemail, a porturding jaw with at least on tusk showing and a high browed forehead that has dark hair under his helm.

The tattoos marking him as a Modan-Re are clear under each eye. The Tear of Sorrow under his left eye is small and darkened in. It was received the day he became a slave letting everyone know that he was someone's property. The Tear of Joy under his right eye is hollow and was given to him the day he was set free or won his freedom. It is said that most Modan-Re win there freedom by killing their former masters and are not men to hold lightly.

Tregin is such a (half)man and his reputation precede him yesterday when he met with three of the men he will be working with this day.

[sblock=Urdrak "Beast" Thaneson] Tregin approached Beast as the half-orc sat in the shade of a fig tree. It didn't take much convincing or persuasion to bring the bored monk around to accepting an invitation to adventure. The promise of a fat purse at the conclusion of exploring a newly discovered tomb (whether or not anything was found) seem like to easy a days work not to say yes.

Beast readied himself that day for what may lie ahead and then went to the meeting hoping for a more exciting day than the ones before.[/sblock]
[sblock=Gyrs Tado]While scouting out a new abandoned manor for salvage Gyrs was approached by Tregin with a job offer. The half-orc told the other that a new tomb had been discovered and that it was unknown if it was heavily trapped or not and that someone with Gyrs skills would come in handy. Tregin promised the trapper a kings sum at the conclusion of the tombs exploration whether or not anything vaulable was discovered.

The next day Gyrs decides that searching a tomb probably full of lost artifacts and treasure was better than sifting through the rotting boards of a home long since loot of anything worth having, and he headed to meet Tregin.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sandwalker]Life in the dessert has not been dull for the elf known as Sandwalker. And although he has traveled most of the area he is always bombarded with some new discovery. So it was no surprise when the half-orc Tregin Kurr approached him with news of a newly discovered tomb near the city. What did intrigue the knowledge questing elf was that this tomb had not been recorded as ever having been built. No record of it's existence and thus who was entombed there was known. This little mystery was enough to intrigue the elf into helping explore it further and so the next day Sandwalker set out to meet Tregin and explore this new mystery.[/sblock]

As Tregin waits he notices a scorpion crawling on the path before him headed towards the slope that leads down to the tomb. He watches as it moves purposefully not hesitating or stopping but moving straight towards the hole that leads to the new tomb.

As it disappears another scorpion comes into view from the same direction. Followed by two more, then a dozen, all moving in a line all moving to the tomb entrance...

[sblock=Arsa of the Stingheart Tribe]For days now you have had a restless sleep. You have tossed and turned awoken by a dream you can never remember and can never forget. You have prayed for Chelicera to end your torment to show you what it is you must do to cleanse the fever dreams from your mind.

And today a sign has come.

A dozen scorpions crawl about the ground before you in a prefect form of the sign of Chelicera, before moving off single file. As the last one leaves you quickly mount Tox and follow. The day is warm, the sun is bright, and perhaps after this night your dreams will be your own again.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] If the above is not enough to get you all to form up a group and go exploring the tomb, this might help.

Level Up Goal:
- Explore the tomb and search the central chamber. - Obtain LvL 2

Please post your character approaching Tregin, and if someone has posted before you then they will have already arrived so can be addressed also.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
At last, a sign! The messengers of the Queen would lead him to his purpose. The halfling slipped his mask onto his face, donned his armor and checked over his gear. Then he saddled Tox, as he did every morning (it was not right to force the scorpion to wear such a thing all night), and set out atop his deadly mount.

The trail was long... but Arsa was nothing if not dedicated. Tox's strange gait inexorably carried him where he needed to be.

The large scorpion slows at Arsa's command as the halfling spies a man leaning against a wall. The goddess-sent scorpions mill about in front of him, as if insisting and trying to pull Arsa along. Slowly, he clicks his tongue and his arachnid ally continues walking. It clicks its pincers a few times as the two get near the half-orc, the trail of scorpions leading right up to him.

By this point, Arsa is more curious than anything else. When he is just a dozen feet from the half-orc, the little man calls out "What business have you with Chelicera? For my goddess has sent me here, and you stand next to the entrance she has shown me. It is a sign, though for good or ill I do not know. Yet."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"We shall only find by going in, I suspect, good fellow. Good day, Tregin, is this scorpion rider another of your recruits or someone drawn to the tomb of his own accord?" A simply dressed elf carrying a number of basic weapons approaches the entrance. If it weren't for the songbird asleep on his shoulder, the sunbaked man would blend in with everyone else in this desert town. The bird awakens at the sound of conversation. To most its words sound like a unusual song; to Sandwalker, it sounds like Sylvan. "An interesting crew thus far to be sure." Sandwalker replies in Sylvan, "Indeed, and I have been told there are more to come."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Arsa turns in his saddle at the new voice. "I am sent by my goddess Chelicera. Her children have led me here... to whatever this place is. And I find a man waiting for me and another arriving behind me. Strange portents, strange indeed... But you say this place is a tomb?"

As Arsa speaks, Tox backs up so as to see both men. The scorpion opens and shuts its pincers uneasily.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Sorry Sandwalker I didn't see you coming," the half-orc says to the elf. "I was preoccupied. Those look sharp." he finishes with a grin, nodding at Tox.

"I am Tregin Kurr, Knight in the order of The Last Sand-Dragon, and I bid you greetings Scorpion Rider. You are correct the scorpions led you to what I believe to be a tomb. One I have gathered a group of able bodies to explore. Sandwalker here is known far and wide as the elf to see when you need information on any subject, his knowledge will be greatly valued."

Eying Tox once more Tregin adds, "You and your mount look like you can handle yourselves and I do not wish to anger the Scorpion Goddess in any way, please since we are all going to be going in. Why not search together? I have two more explores that should be showing up shortly, if you care to wait."

Dragonwriter

First Post
The halfling pauses, looking curiously between the elf and the half-orc. "My goddess has called me here," he mumbles, possibly to reassure himself. "Perhaps it is to search alongside you. You are both men of the desert... Such a thing makes it more likely I am intended to help you."

He runs a small hand gently over the scorpion's carapace and the creature relaxes. "I will accompany you, as long as the Scorpion Queen deems it my purpose. I am Arsa, of the Stingheart tribe. And this is Tox, one of the Blessed Children."

jackslate45

First Post
Beast proceeded toward the meet sight, and was not surprised to see Tregin there. He was surprised though to see an elf with a bird, and a larger scorpion carrying a Halfling. He shook his head, knowing that today is going to be a looong day. He could not here what was being said as he got closer though, but they seemed to be talking among themselves.

Without so much as a hello to the others, Beast spoke to Tregin "It seems that everyone is here? Are these the two additional companions?" Beast asks, nodding towards the elf and halfling. He pulls out some water from his side backpack and drains half of it in a single gulp. He sizes them up with a glare, noting the weapons they use and equipment they where. They look like they know what they are doing, but we will see.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No Urdrak," Tregin starts to say, then remembers their meeting from before. "Or Beast as you prefer."

He points to the elf and starts introductions. "This is Sandwalker he is one of the other two explorers I mentioned yesterday. And this is Arsa, whom we have just met. Arsa has decided he too wishes to help and in turn we will help him figure out why he was lead here by The Scorpion Queen."

He looks past the group and wonders what is keeping Gyrs. Of the half-orcs he had asked to help Gyrs's skills will almost diffidently be needed.

"We are still waiting on the last member of our team. Hope you all are welling to wait. I don't want to waste time repeating what I know so far about this new hole in the ground." he says pointing to a long ramp that has been dug out of thee sand and leads down into shadowy darkness. "We'll give him a few minutes more."

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc trapper

Gyrs cursed his own curiosity as he hustled to make it to the meeting place. He was sure it wouldn't have taken so long to dig out that glint of metal in the garbage heap, but then he found that perfectly-serviceable-with-a-little-work harness, and he couldn't just cart something like that with him, so he had to rush it home, and then he still hadn't seen what that glint was but ... no. Shiny was good, but there was more shiny in that underground whatsit the other half-orc told him about, so get a move on, Gyrs...

After what seems like far longer than they should have had to wait, the others hear the heavy footfalls of someone approaching. Kicking up a reasonable dust cloud, another half-orc comes barreling toward them. Beyond the normal orcish features for his kind, the newcomer has oversized ears, the slightest suggestion of a muzzle, and animalistic patterning in his hair and skin, making him also evocative of a hyena or cheetah. His clothes are ratty and worn, his clattering chain shirt dull but not rusted.

"I'm here! I'm here! It weren't nothing but for a shiny and a harness and hadda run home an' ... well, here." he says, slightly out of breath as he stumbles to a stop.

Remove ads