HM's AP for PbP -(closed group, playtesting)- IC

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc ranger (trapper)

[sblock=OOC] From possible crit to no damage how does that happen???[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]You know, when the guy who designed the encounters finds himself incredulous about how hard the fight is, there may be some re-considering to do. lol. ;)[/sblock]

Gyrs takes another powerful swing, but his luck doesn't hold. His attack takes the wrong angle, and the blade rebounds off the armored hide as Gyrs swears again.

Flanking power attack; damage (1d20+6=14, 2d6+9=15)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Arsa again tries to distract the creature while Tox continues lashing out at the snake-thing. And as the snake's head shoots down for another bite, the scorpion lashes out and grabs it around the throat, stinger shooting for the construct's face! The stinger skids off metal, but Tox keeps a death-grip on the metal snake!

[sblock=OOC]
Arsa uses Aid Another for Beast. Tox Full Attacks.
EDIT: Accidentally rolled the crit damage for the Sting. It should only be 4, rather than 8. But the Grab certainly hit (finally).

From possible crit to no damage how does that happen???

AC 20 and DR 5/- (and maxxed out HP) against a group of 1st-levels... It makes for a rather absurd attempt that becomes "Hit, for nothing" again and again. :p

Arsa AC 21 HP 10/10
1-level Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle

Tox AC 12 HP 2/9
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Finally Tox got him by the tail. - Ok Beast is up then the iron snake so I will roll my attempt to get out here but that will not happen till after Beast's attack. Let's see the snake is AC 18 at the moment and Beast has +2 flank and a +2 aid in addition to other modifiers.

jackslate45

First Post
Beast smiles at last. He lifts his hammer high, and with a scream of rage and pleasure, he swings.

An un eartly slam of metal on metal reverberates around the room as the hammer smashes right into the face of this monster.
[sblock]
Full Round attack with MWK Earthbreaker and Bite attack at -5.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
HP:14/18
AC: 15* CMB: +5 CMD: 17
F: +7;R: +1*;Will: +4; Rage: 4/8 Rounds
Equiped: MWK Earthbreaker: +12/2d6+8 (+2 Aid Another)
Full Round: MWK Earthbreaker +12/2d6+8 and Bite at +4 1d4+6
*Other Effects: Dex Damage 3 (-1 AC, -1 Dex Based Skills, -1 Reflex)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The head of the steel serpent is smashed flat by Beast's ferocious blow. The tail stops squirming in Tox's claw and the scorpion let's the thing go.

Standing around the smashed construct in silence the group catches it's breath. "Well done everyone." Tregin says starting to clean off his blade. "Hurry and collect whatever else you think is of value, I think it's past time to be going."

The others just find assorted junk about the room as Tregin takes down a map off the wall near the corner. After rolling up the map he tucks it under an arm and smiles. "I think I found what my employers were after it is time to go and see about getting paid."

[sblock=OOC] Part one of the module is complete will be running down a few things in the OOC thread. Part two will be up after everyone LvLs up - CONGRATS! :)[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Tox jabs his stinger once more into the fallen serpent before releasing his murderous grip. Arsa prays to Chelicera to relieve Tox's wounds, for it is obviously not time for her child to perish yet. He taps Tox with the healing magic and begins to investigate the remainder of the room. The halfling isn't well-versed in what is valuable to other races and what is not, but it all seems like discarded garbage anyway. He follows Tregin and the others out of the central room, riding atop Tox once more.

[sblock=OOC]
Casting Cure Light Wounds on Tox.

EDIT: And Tox is fully healed. :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Gyrs Tado, half-orc ranger

Gyrs practically collapses when the snake is finally downed.

"I officially don't like big metal beasties," he says, wiping the black oil of its blood from his blade. He searches with the others, slipping the odd gloves into his waist band before following Tregin back out of the tomb.

jackslate45

First Post
"You dont?" growls Beast, who does collapse to the floor as his adrenaline surge finally gives out. "Try biting that blasted thing. Almost lost my good tooth." Beast looks at the mallet that he still holds one handed. I think I might just keep this.

Remove ads